“a bit of a shame”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Dublin
“a bit of a shame”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Has the potential to be wonderful.
Some of the staff were incredibly helpful.
For some reason we were put on the same corridor as a wedding party which kept us awake. Upon mentioning this at check out, the member of staff did not apologise and almost ignored the comment. Not unreasonable to have suggested it might have been an idea to have placed us in another area of the hotel, particularly when it was far from room.
Cold bath tap didn't work at all. Hairdryer was rubbish.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Summerhill House Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Thank you for adding your review I am sorry your recent stay was a little disappointing, it is normally our policy to keep Wedding guests together and non wedding guests on a seperate floor but sometime it is necessary to locate them on the same floor but we always do our best to ask all our guests to keep noise to a minimum when they get to the corridors and rooms. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.

Co Wicklow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 4, 2012

had a great time at a wedding there , food was good and service excellent, we were well looked after

Room Tip: bring boots or good shoes for walk the area is fabulous
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hello, thank you for adding your review on your recent stay at the Summerhill House Hotel Enniskerry, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and its good advice on the walking boots as we are in a great location to enjoy some beautiful walks locally. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Dublin
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I had a fantastic stay at the Summerhill House Hotel and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.
The hotel sits right next to the Powerscourt Gardens and Enniskerry village which has great restaurants and pubs to enjoy...

Great stay couldn't recommend enough.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Summerhill House Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Summerhill House Hotel, Enniskerry. I am delighted you enjoyed our great location and friendly staff and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2012

‘Faulty Towers’
Oh dear, we chose this hotel just south of Dublin for our 5th night hotel on our tour of Ireland. We arrived on a Sunday at around 4pm to this hotel, which from the outside looked superbly located. That’s about all that was good and it was downhill from the moment we stepped through the front door. We had two double rooms booked, and the receptionist totally ignored us, more interested in her terminal than us. Eventually she looked up, and signed us in. Both rooms were unserviced, we demanded an explanation, non was offered, two more rooms were allocated, one STANK of stale cigarette smoke, again we asked to be moved and eventually were given two clean rooms, but FREEZING cold, all windows were open and no heat on (It was 8C outside in mid May). It took two requests to get the heating put on. It appeared there were only about 3 couples in the hotel and EVEN LESS STAFF, I counted 3 including the receptionist. Having had a long day we decided to eat in the restaurant, pre dinner the bar was unstaffed and we had to keep walking to the reception to gets someone to serve us, at dinner we were the only couple in the restaurant, the staff, (1) had a limited knowledge of english and managed to get the orders wrong on ALL THREE courses, the bottle of white wine (€22) arrived WARM, and we called the part time barman who replaced it with a chilled bottle, a very terrible experience. Bar food dirty plates remained in the bar area and other parts of the hotel for the whole duration of our stay, the barman, who had very little to do, just ignored them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Chris S
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Summerhill House Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Hello, I am very sorry you experienced poor customer service on your recent stay at the Summerhill House Hotel and we will be looking at how and why this occurred as this should certainly not have been your experience. I apologise for the inconveniece caused and can assure you your feedback is valuable to help us improve our guest experience.

Enniskerry.

Travelers are raving about these Enniskerry hotels

Ireland
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I booked this hotel as a birthday package for my friends 30th. After reading some of the reviews on here I was very apprehensive before I went, but we couldnt be happier!
On arrival in the beautiful village of Enniskerry I was delighted to see lots of signs for the hotel so we couldnt get lost! The Hotel is located right opposite Powerscourt, which is also well worth a visit if you have time, and also a very sweet little church. The driveway into the hotel is through some trees and with the bluebells all around was very pretty. The hotel is like an old house style with amazing views of the surrounding hills and sea in the distance.
I can see why the hotel is so popular with weddings as the grounds are lovely with ample seating areas in the gardens.
When we arrived we were booked in straight away by a lovely girl. Our room was a triple room and upon entering we were delighted to see we had 3beds and 2bathrooms! Anyone who travels anywhere in a group of women will understand how happy we were at this!
As part of our package we got champange& chocolates on arrival, B&B, a 3course dinner and a spa treatment each. All for €120 each!
We were lucky with the weather so enjoyed our champagne in the garden, which was lovely.
The rainforest day spa is located on the grounds of the hotel. The staff there were very busy that day but they really couldnt have been nicer. We relaxed in the very comfortable relaxtion rooms before our treatments, I wanted to bring my chair home! Our package included a 30min spa treatment, but it exceeded all our expectations. We got a lovely back and shoulder massage and a collegen eye treatment which included a head and hand/arm massage. I wish I could remember my therapist name as she was so nice, exactly as a therapist should be, I couldnt speak more highly of her. After our treaments we also tried the sauna, steam room and hot tub. The hot tub has amazing views of the countryside and it was so relaxing.
After all that relaxing we managed to get ourselves ready for dinner! The food was amazing and the staff once again couldnt have been nicer. After that we sat by the fire and had a few glasses of wine before retiring to our very comfy beds! We had a room at the back of hotel and though there was a wedding there we didnt hear any of it.
The breakfast the next morning was just as good as the dinner. There was a lovely selection of hot and cold food, pastries etc. The breads especially were so good. They tasted freshly baked and homemade. I also enjoyed the pancakes!
All in all we had a great time and my friend really enjoyed her birthday. A lovely hotel with great staff in an amazing location. We left very relaxed, full and happy!

Room Tip: Dont leave without trying the food, its so good. Also try to have a spa treament as they are not to...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CaceeB
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Summerhill House Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Hello thank you for your review I am very pleased you enjoyed your recent stay at the Summerhill House Hotel, Enniskerry for your friends birthday and that you enjoyed one of our great value spa breaks. I am delighted you enjoyed the food, our great location and friendly staff and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.Our very best wishes once again for your freinds birthday.

FIVEMILETOWN
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The hotel has a great location for touring the area with Powerscourt, Sallys gap and a load of other tourist attractions very close. The hotel itself is a bit dated with the room that I had being rather small and in need of a bit of a facelift, the staff where excellent and had great local knowledge of local area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for adding your review, I am very pleased you enjoyed your recent stay. I am pleased to advise that we have heard the feedback from our guests and are undertaking some refurbishments to the bedrooms so to address the tired feeling. Its good to read you enjoyed our great location and friendly staff. I hope we see you again soon.

Regards

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 2, 2012

What was to be a special birthday treat ended up being a disappointing experience. I would not recommend this hotel. The rooms are dated, cold and need a total overhaul. The bar staff need training in customer service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Summerhill House Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Hello, I am sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay at the Summerhill House Hotel and that your personal experience was disappointing as we would certainly not have wished this for you.

Enniskerry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Wilton Hotel Bray
Esplanade Hotel
Esplanade Hotel
#5 of 7 in Bray
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club

Been to Summerhill House Hotel? Share your experiences!