“cold outside, warm inside...”
Review of Coolakay House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Enniskerry
Coolakay House
Ranked #1 of 6 Enniskerry B&B and Inns
Karmiel, Israel
“cold outside, warm inside...”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We araived "coolakay" on a snowy day...and it was so beautiful around!
Real country side only 20 min from Dublin!!!
Yvonne the wonderful, made us feel so 'homey' with a cap-of-tea and cookies(-:
It was so nice to find a warm, relaxed house in this weather...
The room is very comfertable with large bath (the kidds loved it!!) and the view from the window was just perfect: green (in our case -white...) hills and forest.
Yvonne IS the perfect hostess, listening to everything we needed and acting immediately with every request & giving good information.
thanks and enjoy
michal, yaniv , doron & amir

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
County Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Was working in the Coolakay, Enniskerry area so I stayed in Coolakay House and I couldn't be happier with my stay. Such a beautiful location, ideal for hill walkers or anyone interested in seeing a beautiful part of Ireland. It's located near places such as Powerscourt Gardens, Powerscourt Waterfall, Wicklow Way, on route to Glendalough, and infamous Johnnie Foxes Pub. Great location!
The BnB itself is stunning. Real traditional Irish home feel to it. It is absolutely spotless, and the bedrooms comfortable, warm and are decorated lovely with amazing views.
What makes the place are the owners, Yvonne and Robert, both involved in the different aspects of the BnB. Yvonne is possibly the friendliest, most accommodating hostess I've ever met. Goes beyond out of her way to make you feel welcome. She serves delicious breakfast every morning, always wearing a smile. Also with breakfast, beautiful homemade Irish Soda bread, baked fresh by Yvonne herself, is served.
There is also a Museum at the BnB. This contains stunning Vintage Agricultural Machinery such as exquisite vintage tractors. Robert has a great knowledge about the machinery and its history which is really fascinating.
I would recommend this BnB to anyone, couples, families, walking groups, friends, even people who want a quiet break by themselves. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. Truly happy with everything, no complaints. As said in the title, BnB with the full package.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rensselaer, Indiana
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Yvonne was a wonderful, warm and vivacious hostess. My family was warmly welcomed with tea/coffee and cookies. The house was lovely and very large! Our accommodations were actually in a separate building from the main house. It was a little different that what we've come to expect from a B&B, but very nice! Unfortunately we only had one night to stay before we departed from home. During our conversation with Yvonne, she realized that the time would be changing during the night! No one had mentioned that to us at any point during our stay so Yvonne saved us with that bit of information! It would have royally messed up our flight if we hadn't known. Due to the time change, we needed to leave very early in the morning before breakfast was served. Yvonne gave us a key to the breakfast room and made sure we had coffee/tea, cereal and juice available for which we were very appreciative!! She went out of her way to make us welcome and to make sure we didn't leave with empty tummies for our flight home.
This was a wonderful B&B and Enniskerry was a lovely town to stay in. The Wicklow mountains are beautiful and we very much enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: The only draw back was that the wi-fi didn't reach our building. We had to go to the main house...
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Yvonne could not have welcomed us into her home better. Location great for out of town experience while close to Powerscourt Gardens and Waterfall. Husband on the farm enjoyed showing us around and talking us through his average day. View of Wicklow mtns from bedroom impressive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at Coolakay House a couple of weeks ago. We were a party of nine. We found this B&B on line. It certainly lived up to its great reputation. Yvonne was very friendly and personable. The service was excellent. Rooms were spotless & very cosy. Great breakfast too.. Nothing was spared. Yvonne was very helpful & made us feel at home. Would highly recommend this B&B.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I wanted to go on a long weekend break in Wicklow and so we decided to stay at this B&B. We were made very welcome by Yvonne. In the mornings at the breakfast table and looking out at the stunning views of the Wicklow mountains. The location is very central for any one wanting to explore Wicklow. We are highly recommending this B&B.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
l
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I called up late one night and asked if there was a room available for the next evening. Luckily for me there was. I stayed for four months while I decided where I wanted to live South of Dublin. I think Yvonne and Robert thought I would never leave - and it was hard to do when the time came. Coolakay House is everything you might hope for in a B&B. Great rooms, very comfortable beds, fantastic breakfasts and spectacular views. And on top of this the welcome and friendliness of Yvonne and Robert make Coolakay House a place you want to return to, as many of their visitors do year after year. During my stay I met several families who have been coming back over the years. And for me, well I'm pleased to say I've made some new, special friends.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely but there are some family rooms so if there are a few of you let Yvonne kno...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Summerhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy
Wilton Hotel Bray
Wilton Hotel Bray
#2 of 7 in Bray

Been to Coolakay House? Share your experiences!