“A truly mixed experience--good and bad”
Review of Lounge

Lounge
Ranked #10 of 17 Restaurants in Enniskerry
Cuisines: European, Irish, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We ate at Powerscourt Arms Country House twice for dinner during January, 2014 The first evening, was absolutely wonderful and service very good. I saw a female chef that night. Sirloin steak and baked brie parcel, both prepared extremely well. One of the best meals I have ever had.

A few days later we returned for our second and last dinner while in Ireland. Ordered sirloin and two orders of pan-seared sea bass. Both fish plates came to table well undercooked--almost frozen. Wait staff, a kind gentleman, switched them out for sirloins. Both sirloins were the toughest, gristle-filled meat I have had in a long time. Not cooked to order. No seasoning with them.

Only positive of night was the service--he was most accommodating, tried his best to correct the situation--many times over. He offered wine or alcohol (we were not drinking), extra vegetables, etc. He did end up bringing a dessert to the table (which was not asked of him). He was the star of the evening.

Would I return to this location? Yes, only if I knew which cook was preparing meals. 5-rating for the first night, I would have given a 0-rating for the second experience, had the perfect waiter not tried so hard, so I averaged it out to a 3. He saved the evening.

2  Thank Angus2000

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Food, drink and atmosphere were all in abundance. We ate a lot of meals here during our stay in Enniskerry. Breakfast, and dinner.
Value was in every meal and the staff were great.
The chef actually thinks about flavor and value in all their meals, and the specials daily are wonderful!
You will enjoy the "at home" feeling all the locals have at this resturant, and the TV's are not over each table, which actually leads to conversation, somethng we sorely lack in many American resturants!

1  Thank Brett C
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This restaurant was the first stop after our arrival in London. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. If you are in Enniskerry, it is a wonderful lunch location.

1  Thank MicheleC106
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My parents and I took a venture out of the Powerscourt hotel to find a local restaurant. This restaurant has a front and back dining room for formal and informal experiences. We selected the back room, which was still upscale, white leather tufted seating, with deep purple chairs a large bar, and big screen televisions. The menu had anything from a stew to lasagna, and braised chicken. The soup was baked potato. Over all we all shared each others, the lasagna was good, covered in cheddar vs mozzarella which is fine with me, the braised chicken over mash (potatoes) was excellent, but the beef stew was slow cooked in a stout beer which was amazing. All portions were a good size, we left with out being able to eat dessert.

The service was excellent, we had 3 waiters all working together to provide the best service. And they were very friendly, giving us tourist advice on places we should visit while we are here.

On the way out we asked the manager, I think his name was Shane, to show us what one of the rooms looks like as they have 12 hotel rooms, up the stairs, we entered one room which was a double, meaning one double bed, full screen tv, small room, but very clean and comfy beds. Then there was a bathroom in the room behind a separate door. The pricing he said is about 70 Euro a day, which is a very good deal if you need a place to stay that is clean and you are well taken care of.

1  Thank Dee S
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Three of us had dinner here last Saturday and it was our first time. The food was good for a pub and the cost was very reasonable. The service was a little disjointed and my meal came 5 minutes after the other two - However the staff were very attentive & friendly and this went a long way towards making it ok

1  Thank IanCass