“Quaint Countryside Cafe”

Poppies Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Enniskerry
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
New York City, New York
“Quaint Countryside Cafe”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a great place to stop for a bite to eat on the way back to Dublin from Glendalough. The cafe has a wide variety of lunch choices with friendly service and a full house even at 4pm on a Saturday. I had teh vegetarian quiche with a selection of side salads while my partner had the shepherd's pie and a baked potato. This is a real old world local homerun cafe. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
poppiescafe, Owner at Poppies Cafe, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Susie,
Thank you for taking the time to review us, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the girls.
I'm happy that we added somewhat to your day out

• Polish first
West End, North Carolina
“Nice little place”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stopped in to Poppy's for breakfast one morning. What a treat. The folks were very friendly. Ordered the Irish Breakfast. It was served quickly and hot and it was delicious. What more could you ask for? Too bad I didn't discover this place earlier in my trip. I would have had more meals here.

• Visited March 2013
poppiescafe, Owner at Poppies Cafe, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Denpine,
Just a quick note to say thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review, it is nice to be appreciated - we hope to see you again next time you are over

Regards
Dublin, Ireland
“Fab Food - Fab Service”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Visited Poppies by chance over Christmas - We now visit every 2 weeks because the food is first rate and consistent. The service is so attentive and with a smile and real communication (not just the "have a nice day" type of mutterings).
It's a great place to meet friends and family for a chat as the atmosphere allows.

• Visited March 2013
poppiescafe, Owner at Poppies Cafe, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Vivian,
I really appreciate your review, it is always nice to receive feedback- even nicer when its positive!!
We do get a lot of reviews but mostly from visitors to Ireland, we seldom get reviews from natives, and whats rare is wonderful!!
Now that you have become a 'regular' I look forward to seeing you in the near future

La Spezia, Italy
“Nice and atmospheric!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The place was nice, and cozy and a wee little small. The food was really good and tasty and the service was good. The price was also affordable!

poppiescafe, Owner at Poppies Cafe, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Sarah D,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our little cafe.
I will of course pass on your compliments to all of our hard working staff, I know it will be appreciated by them as much as it is by me.
Hope to see you next time you are over here

Peter Norton
“Excellent start to the day - no matter what time you awake”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at a nearby hotel that to my surprise suggested this wonderful jewel of a cafe. There was sufficient local presence to make me feel like I was in a small town in Ireland. While many local places are over run with tourists, the challenging parking keeps a lot of tourist at bay. Join local cyclists and neighbors as they meet for breakfast or a quick coffee. The food was fantastic.

poppiescafe, Owner at Poppies Cafe, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Seat3D,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm glad that you like our little place.
I think your review hit the nail on the head in with regard to our customers - we do get a real mix of people and yes the parking on the weekends is a real challenge.
We do work hard to make the place feel homely and it is nice to be appreciated.
Once again thanks