“Beautiful view”

The Sugar Loaf Lounge
Ranked #9 of 17 Restaurants in Enniskerry
Cuisines: Irish, European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on the lobby level of Powerscourt Hotel, our Sugar Loaf Lounge is perfect for meeting, greeting and watching the world go by. Serving traditional Afternoon Tea daily and cocktails each evening, the Lounge is a haven of hospitality, with an all-day menu of casual dining too. Furnished and appointed in a style of gracious Georgian living, there's a traditional warmth to the Sugar Loaf Lounge our guests often comment on. Of course, the spectacular scenery outside, framed by the vast curved windows offers a breathtaking counterpoint to the intimate welcome within. Here there's always something to talk about. Reservations for Afternoon Tea are recommended. We look forward to welcoming you.
Miami, Florida
“Beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

The Sugar Loaf Lounge in the Ritz was a great afternoon spot for us to grab a drink after our day out of sightseeing. The view of the Sugar Loaf Mountain was amazing and the ambiance of the bar was truly special. The entire staff at the Ritz made our stay fantastic!

Visited May 2012

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Myself and my wife treated our parents to afternoon tea here.

The food was nice, but the service was very poor.

We booked afternoon tea for 6 people. It includes tea and food. As I don't drink tea I ordered some water. Latter the waiter refused me food as I did not order tea! I can not understand why. I sat there in shock. Bear in mind I was paying €35 per person.

To add insult to injury when I went to pay, the Visa machine would not accept that I did not want to leave a tip! (the no button on the machine did not function)

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Billy R
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,858 helpful votes
“Nice Atmosphere, but Food is Lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

Sugar Loaf Lounge is located on the 4th floor of the Ritz Carlton Powerscourt just outside of Enniskerry. It has a couple different areas - one more for tea and dining, some sofas for lounging with a drink, and a bar area, as well as more of a dining area. There is a nice view out the windows and an upscale ambience with prices to match.

The drinks here are excellent though pricey at about 11 Euros for a long drink and 15 Euros for a Martini. The food menu is short and decidedly average - we had trouble to find what we wanted to eat. The food we got showed us there was a reason for that. There was nothing special to it at all, just regular Irish food. We could have had that at the pub for much less. Service was excellent though, and it is a pretty nice ambience.

1 Thank Johann&Sandra