“Great day out”

Killegar Stables Riding School
Ranked #7 of 13 things to do in Enniskerry
More attraction details
Owner description: Killegar stables is one of Ireland best established riding schools, situated on the Dublin /Wicklow boarder, just above the postcard village of Enniskerry.Offering horse riding lessons, trekking and livery services with a personal touch. We are just 5 minutes from the center of Enniskerry Village, The Powerscourt Estate & Ritz Carlton Hotel.We cater for all age groups and standards. Private tuition available.We take pride in maintaining a warm, friendly atmosphere for all clients.
Northumberland UK
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Took my daughter for a mornings ride with Killegar. we both had a great time through the forest and even came across some young foals.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone!

Visited October 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“Sunday Morning Forest Trek”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband bought me a two hour lesson/trek voucher, my circumstances changed and I had to change my lesson times twice, this was done without any fuss or bother and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I had the most enjoyable lesson with Lorraine, the key with her is push not pressure, by the end of the lesson even the most inexperienced rider, a first timer, was happily trotting and cantering.

We were taken out on the forest trek, this was the first time I had been brought on this trek. We had two guide riders with us, this allowed the group to be split in to two, more and less confident riders. I was on the more experienced trail that ran along the ridge of the scalp, amazing views.

All in all this was a fantastic way to spend a beautiful Sunday morning, on your own, in a group, young or old, I would highly recommend this to wind away a couple of hours.

Visited September 2012
london
3 attraction reviews
“last minute accomodation!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I arranged a riding lesson for my 2 children aged (nearly 5 and 7) which the Ritz Carlton had arranged. We were late and by by the time we arrived, most of the horsesss had gone out to other youngesters but a lady called Larraine said she'd take us for a ride around the area and she did and it was marvellous. 7 year old wasn't keen so I had a ride for the first time and it was glorious. Larraine was a fabulous guide and teacher and we had a really jolly time.

Wicklow, Ireland
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I bought one of the vouchers for a two hour booking (one hour trek, one hour lesson) at Killegar Stables. We left it a few weeks before we went to make the booking and there were no 2hr slots left but we were able to book two x one hour slots instead. So I went on Saturday for our one hour ride out and it was fantastic. The staff in the stables are extremely friendly, couldn't be nicer. And the ride out up the fields and through the woods gave plenty of opportunity to do a bit of cantering. I haven't had a lesson there yet but I would very much recommend the trek - it was the best trek I've been on in Ireland. Am going to book for the two hour trek up to the Lead Mines next.

Tipperary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Trek”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hi Guys
Just a short note to say thank you for a lovely morning, thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it rained, this did not dampen our fun. The lady and girl who took the group were fab, and well done, amazing views, thanks again, the horses were great too.
Regards