“Staff friendliness - brill”
Review of Falls Hotel & Spa

Falls Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ennistymon
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Stayed in the Falls hotel for 2 days, staff were very friendly and helpful, hotel spotless.
only bad point was the swimming pool area, absolutely no supervision, kids on each others shoulders - falling onto swimmers, kids in jacuzzis on their mobils - would stop me from going there again as this is one thing i look forward to on a trip. Such a shame.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 21, 2011

We were given a dirty room on arrival then had to be moved to another room, not a nice start. The bathroom was very old and worn and there was a serious lack of toiletries and towels. The decor is so old the whole hotel felt and smelt like an old folk’s home. We had booked into the Thai River Restaurant on an early bird menu and the staff and management did not want to give us that menu, they kept stating the set menu was downstairs in another restaurant. Eventually they gave us the menu I had booked but they then made us wait nearly 25 mins to take our order and bring us a drink, crazy as there was only 3 other couples in the restaurant. On departure I had to go through the bill in detail as there were a lot of items wrongly charged to our room. The receptionist answer was simply mistakes can happen. Really not good enough. Then to top it all the manager called me today to discuss my complaints and basically just shouted at me one of the rudest men I have ever encountered, basically told me I requested the wrong menu and the only complaint that was valid was the dirty room. Still have not received an apology and after speaking with him it is the last thing I expect. Avoid at all costs, this hotel needs a complete refurbishment and change of management.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank andreak003
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2011

Hello Andreak003,
I'm sorry to read that you were unhappy with your one night stay with us last Saturday. On arrival you were checked into a room that had not yet been serviced by our housekeeping staff and I’m sorry that this occurred. This doesn't happen normally and when you brought this to the attention of our reception staff they immediately checked you into another room containing a double and single bed, two bath towels, two hand towels and our standard soaps and shampoo's.
With regard to the Thai River Restaurant, we offer an early bird menu up until 6.30pm each evening and after that time the menu is A La Carte. Anyone coming to the restaurant before 6.30pm is offered the early bird menu but we do not offer a set menu in this restaurant. The only set menu we provide is in our Cascades restaurant and this is where the confusion occurred. I'm sorry that you were not happy with the conversation you had with our manager when he called you to discuss your issues following your departure from the hotel.
Kind regards,
Joanne Clancy
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed February 4, 2011

We stayed here in mid December as part of a trip to see Santa in Ailwee caves. There were four adults and seven children altogether in our party.The hotel was very warm and accommodating to us. The rooms were grand and big ( more spacious than expected) -as were the bathrooms. The place was almost desserted as it was mid week , but the whole atmosphere was great, Christmas decorations, warm lobby etc. One negative - was the uninteresed and rude senior receptionist who was on duty - not at all freindly,but all the other reception staff and other staff were lovely. The best part of staying here though is the beautiful leisure centre, it was spotless, facilities second to none, the sauna is the only one I've seen with one side made of glass and with an view of the trees and river outside, - it also has an outdoor hot tub - Heaven....

i

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SkiCooperSki
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I stayed here for one night on a very cold January weeekend. I chose the hotel for its location and not for what it offered (I would normally choose to stay in a 4*+)

The location is most definately what makes this place. The cascades are beautiful and the village is lovely. The staff I dealt with were friendly and polite and happy to help.

The room (deluxe room) was large and fairly well fitted out (if not bitterly cold!)

Wifi was available free of charge in the lobby/bar (would be better in the rooms too).

There are a few negatives - the hotel is in a pretty shabby state with very worn carpets, a variety of strange odours and bare wires exposed from the ceiling and the hotel website looks like it was designed by the owner's 15-year-old son. But - remember it's not claiming to be a 5* and you don't really need to worry.

Overall I believe it represents great value for money in an aweome part of the world.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2011

We were diverted to this hotel on a trip to London by the recent storm. It was an unexpected treat. The location was lovely, the hotel comfortable and well appointed, and the staff were gracious and helpful. I would recommend it to anyone and go back myself anytime.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I have stayed in the Falls Hotel on several times. I find it exceptionally good for children. I enjoy one particular nite with my friend and our children. We enjoyed wine and dinner in the restaurant while the children played in the games room. The location is so safe and ideal for both children and adults. The grounds are brilliant to walk around after your meal and the children enjoy the falls and the walks down by the river. My sister in law got married 3yrs ago up there and my friend is getting married this year in the Falls - its ideal for all occassions whether it is just a romantic nite away, break with the kids or wedding - i would recommend the Falls Hotel for anybody. Not to mention only and 20minute walk to the beautiful beach in Lahinch...what more could you ask for

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2011

my husband and myself had a very relaxing and night at the falls hotel for our wedding anniversary. we had an outstanding meal in the restaurant. it was a beautiful night, the staff in the bar, reception and the restaurant wer most pleasant and helpfull. the hotel itself is on beautiful grounds, we had a visit last year with our 2 kids and they just loved the pool and games room. im hoping for my next visit to hit the spa , for some well desirved pampering. i would highly recomment the falls hotel, for a relaxing night away, or a family occasion..

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennistymon
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
#1 of 9 in Ennis
Vaughan Lodge
Vaughan Lodge
#1 of 5 in Lahinch

Been to Falls Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!