“very enjoyable”
Review of Falls Hotel & Spa

Falls Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ennistymon
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I read some reviews on this hotel and I was a bit nervous but the staff are extremely polite, the rooms are old fashioned but nice, the leisure centre is really nice and the scenery is fantastic. We had a very enjoyable stay and my 5 year old daughter had a great time, we definately would go again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 27, 2010

I said here with my partner last weekend and what can i say i ordered flowers for the room over the phone they were great. we arrived late on friday when i asked about dinner the guy got straight on the phine to the kichen and told them we have late arrivels and to keep it open.the hotel was great clean food was very nice.Pool was very clean i would be heading back to the falls and would say to stay here its only 10mins drive to the cliffs of moher

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I have to say I was so nervous going there, after reading so many bad reviews. It was a lovely surprise to discover a gorgeous hotel, great location, super views and walks, friendly staff and clean rooms. We had a young baby with us, first time away with him, and the staff at breakfast and dinner couldn't have been more helpful, picking up everything he threw away, every 2 seconds. They made us feel very relaxed, and not at all like we were a nuisance. The food was good, had room service one night, from the bar, gorgeous. The Spa was lovely, so clean, and a fab pool, we spent ages in it.
If you were to nit pick, the bathrooms are a bit dated, but nothing wrong with them and spotless.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I'm just after returning from a stay at the Falls which was most enjoyable. I have stayed here a number of times before but on this trip I took full advantage of the river sap resort and I will definitely be back. We started off our spa treatments by relaxig in the outdoor hot tub which was just heavenly. After the steam room and sauna we all headed off for our treatments. I had the muscle relaxing float and can honestly say i have never had such a blissful spa experience. Caitriona the therapist was very pleasent throughout. My friends wet for massages and body scrubs which they both enjoyed also. As we were staying for a wedding the spa was ideal of us to get our spray tans done the night before the big day.
On the Friday night we ate in the Thai resturant located within the hotel. The decor, staff, service and food was faultleess.
On the Saturday we attended the wedding. The grounds are really well kept and the setting is beautiful by the falls so I cant wait to see the wedding photos that were taken there. The function room was decorated with great attention to detail. The food and service was very tasty, plentiful and efficient too.
The room was spacious, clean and newly decorated and I am surprised at some of the negative comments!
Overall I really enjoyed my stay here, Very good value for money, very helpful and plesent staff a great venue for a wedding and on my next trip I will def be returning to the River Spa!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I am amazed by the bad reviews given above.
The hotel is absolutely lovely! The pool is fabulous, the rooms are large and clean and the breakfasts spendiferous. All the staff were wonderfull all weekend.

If I have one tiny niggle it is that the air-con was a bit arctic in the function rooms

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Stayed in one of the spa appartments for a week in late July. Price was Euro 900
for the week At this price I expected top of the range accomodation. What I was presented with was a very large put dated apparment in bad need of a face lift.
Furniture was sprace and what was there was in some cases broken.
The leisure center too was poorly maintained. The water in the pool was very cloudy on one particular day. The food in the hotel was ok but when I was given two menus
with the same menu at different prices and informed that the correct menu was the one with the higher pricing ( 14% higher) I got the impression that they hike up the food pricing in high season. I wrote to the General Manager of the Hotel to express my opinion
in early August but as I have not had a reply I can only assume that he/she in disinterested in customer opinion.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The location of this hotel is excellent for touring the burren and the area,it is within its own private gounds and only a short walk to local shops,bars which play irish music.although when we were there the hotel had a entertainment.
We stayed at the Falls Hotel for 3 nts, the room was in a good location overlooking the river,in was bright and airy, maid service everyday, We had full use of the leisure facilities which was an added bonus.There was a good selection menu at dinner and food was very good,
We have stayed in quite a few hotel in the South of Ireland and this hotel would be one of the best weve stayed.
I really dont know why some people are leaving negative reviews.( then again you can't please everyone.)
We will be going back to this hotel next year.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennistymon
Armada Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
Ballinalacken Castle Country House

Been to Falls Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!