“Looking forwards to going back!”
Review of Falls Hotel & Spa

Falls Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ennistymon
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Such a lovely stay in the falls hotel!! I would definitely look forwards to going back the views are outstanding. We had a lovely big room enjoyed lovely fish for dinner looking out over the river and the staff were great. Lots of children were around at this time of the summer but it was not a problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
FallsHotelSpa, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
We love to hear guests saying that they can't wait to come back and visit us again at the Falls Hotel & Spa. It's terrific you had such a lovely stay with us. You're not the first person to be blown away by our setting and surrounding views and hopefully will not be the last!
We are very family friendly particularly in the Summer but as you convey no matter how many kids are around we do not let the quality of other guests' stay be affected.
We are looking forward to having you back too!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I'm just back from a very pleasant stay at the Falls. My Dad & I were golfing in Lahinch and it was the perfect location. Our twin room was very nicely designed, very large with comfy beds, modern decor and very strong shower, overlooking the river.
I sat in the outdoor hot tub when we came back in from the Golf - perfect recovery.
Breakfast the following morning was gorgeous, even though the restaurant was very busy, we were dealt with very quickly. I met 2 members of the family management team, Michael & John during my stay and they were both very pleasant and obviously working very hard. All the other staff were very friendly aswell. I look forward to going back with my kids and visiting the Cliffs and the burren..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us here in Ennistymon.
I have to agree with you that we are the ideal base for visiting Lahinch golf club and I compliment you on choosing our outdoor Hot Tub as your method of recovery!
You were greatly impressed with the standard of our bedrooms and equally blown away by our quality of food and service at breakfast despite the large number of people we were catering for.
We are a family owned and managed hotel and Michael and John always make time to have a chat with guests no matter how busy we are.
I look forward to having you and your family come stay with us in the not so distant future.

Sales and Marketing manager

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel that sits atop a hill with gorgeous views of the river, the town and the old cemetery & church ruins. It is an easy 5 - 10 minute walk to the town and church ruins. The hotel is very nice with large clean & comfortable rooms. There is a very good restaurant, a pub and a spa in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
FallsHotelSpa, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your short and sweet review. Once again all positive compliments are flying our way! The location and setting of our hotel has yet again received wonderful praise. You rightly point out that between the town of Ennistymon to explore and visiting the facilities on site we off the Falls Hotel & Spa has the best of both worlds. I hope your planning your return visit already.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed in August and had a fantastic time. This is an excellent hotel for a family stay. Positives:
-Comfortable Rooms with plenty of space for a travel cot
-Lovely bar area with entertainment
-Well maintained pool\leisure area
-Kids club (I can't remember the name of the girl running it but she was so friendly and as my daughter is young I stayed with her for the activities and the girl made a huge effort to make sure everyone had a great time so a big thank you for that)
-Donkeys outside the hotel were a big hit with us. We spent ages with them every evening (as did lots of the other guests!).
- Lovely food in restaurant
- All the staff were so nice and friendly and made our stay a really good one.
- Excellent value for money

Negatives: None!!

We will stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on a high floor which was lovely and quiet so worth requesting this when booking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
The best part of this review is your negative section. We love to hear that we have none! Thanks for taking the time to post this review as all of our customer feedback is greatly appreciated and valued.
Your list of positives sums up our service perfectly. Our standard of accommodation, our Dylan Thomas bar, our leisure club facilities, our river rascals kids club and everything else ticked all the right boxes for your family during your stay at the Falls Hotel & Spa this Summer.
I really hope this won't be your last visit to us and that you will return again very soon.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Today as each Tuesday I went to pick up my take away dinner from the falls hotel. Piece of chicken spoon of cabbage and a spoon of mixed carrot TOTAL COST €11 yes you read the price correctly all presented in two Chinese style plastic tubs!!!! I went to reception to request to speak with a manager but waited for the receptionist to finish a lengthy phone conversation.. When then I explained to her the cost I had just paid for the small amount of food. Last week I was charged for a half portion the week before €10:50. She then took my dinner to a back office and when she returned she stated that she had spoken to the ACCOUNTANT yes the accountant who told her to tell me the cost was made on the meat portion..I then left but have informed work colleagues and shown them what I got and was charged.. During this recessionary times you would think that the falls hotel might decrease their charges and give a reduced price dinner for take away.. So disappointing but good for other businesses in Ennistymon as they now will benefit from the poor service at the falls hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Carmel1972
FallsHotelSpa, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Firstly thank you for the business you have given us in the past as all of our customers are greatly appreciated whether they are staying guests or just dropping in for lunch.
I am greatly disappointed that you left the hotel so unhappy. I am a bit confused firstly why this issue arose in the first place. You state that come here every Tuesday so I find it surprising that this time you found our takeaway containers to be a problem. We have two kinds of container a tinfoil container and the plastic containers your received on your last visit. Both are standard takeaway containers and are widely available nationwide and I have never heard of any issues with them before.
The issue of price has also seemed to upset you. However our price has not changed on our carvery since the end of June. Therefore you could not have paid 10.50 two weeks ago. Also if you ask for a half portion you receive a half portion price but obviously in this case you did not request a half portion. Our portions size and their prices are clearly stated on the menu so no confusion should exist.
You do not say in your review if you tried to clarify your problem with a member of the bar staff or our carvery chef before you visited reception. If you had I believe the problem could have been rectified at that stage.
Unfortunately when you spoke to our receptionist our manager on duty was in a meeting with two guests enquiring about a wedding reception so they were unable to speak with you at the time.
As you point out we are in recessionary times and both business owners and customers alike are feeling a significant financial pinch. We offer the most competitive price that we can. A breast of chicken and portions of vegetables and potatoes may seem insignificant in cost to you but when staff costs, electricity costs, heating costs and many other costs are all taken into consideration this family owned hotel is doing the very best we can.
I really hope that you may reconsider and return again to the Falls Hotel for the best and only carvery lunch you will get in Ennistymon.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been here a few times over the last few years and it never seems to amaze me. The spa is fantastic. it has been the same staff for a while now and it shows. It's little bit pricey but I keep going back nice work Eddie and team.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank benjamin53

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I hope that you keep coming back as we love to see happy returning customers at our River Spa. In many ways the spa at the Falls is one of Clare's best kept secrets. The profile may be low but no one ever leaves disappointed. Ade and the team of therapists do a fantastic job and only ever receive wonderful praise. Thank you for posting this review and promoting the facilities we have.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is brilliant. We had one dinner included in our stay which was fabulous, taste presentation and choice could not be faulted, especially the choice of dishes. Breakfast was typical of hotels but again could not fault it. Room was spacious with proper cot and mattress for our baby which really impressed us.

Other Reviewers have complemented the friendly staff, I wouldn't call the staff we met friendly, they were just ok, with the exception of the man who checked us out who was very friendly and actually smiled. In saying that we stayed here during the Irish heat spell. Luckily I rang the hotel before staying there to check if they had fans and when told they had not we brought our own. My husband got some looks carting a big pedestal fan through reception but some of the looks were envious. When I remarked on the lack of fans to reception at checkout he said they only had air con in the rooms over the function room which they rightly wouldn't put families into. But they should buy some fans.

My 5 year old had a ball running around the falls and it was very handy being a 5 min walk from town centre and lahinch is only a few mins drive.

So I would definitely stay at this hotel but bring your own fan with you!

Room Tip: If warm look for room down low
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank limerickcouple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
We love to see our hotel being called brilliant! A number of areas including food and our accommodation have been highlighted by you.
In terms of food our dinner menu impressed you the most. The choice on offer, the taste and the presentation all ticked the right boxes.
Space is a major plus at the Falls. Whether it's the hotel grounds, the large lobby area or the spacious rooms with proper kids accommodation and bedding we are the ideal base for families of all ages. As you point out our close proximity to Lahinch is yet another major positive for guests with children.
In truth we don't have fans for our 140 bedrooms but I suppose in reality in Ireland its very rare that we would have ever needed them. I suppose we just had to enjoy the heat wave this Summer and bare it. I'm delighted you brought your own and maintained our usual high standards of comfort.
Hope to see you all return again next year.

Dermot
Sales and Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennistymon
Armada Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
Ballinalacken Castle Country House

Been to Falls Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!