“just rating the aqua and fitness club”
Review of Falls Hotel & Spa

Falls Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ennistymon
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Chipped tiles, moldy shower curtains, out of order hairdryers, stained walls, stained stainless steel, hair in the sinks, chewing gum? on the shower floor, broken locker doors, rusting lockers/hinges, stained carpets in the gym, marks all over walls/mirrors/glass/doors. cleaning equipment left lying around (just great with small children) The staff were super nice and the facilities were good and but are not maintained at all. Don't know how you'd call it "luxury"

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank brain s
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Hello Trip Advisor Member,
I’ve read your review with great disappointment because we normally receive extremely positive reviews about our leisure facilities. I see that you visited in October and at that time we did have a couple of tiles on the pool deck chipped plus some hairdryers out of order. They were replaced during the first week of November. I can only assume that you were here over the October bank holiday weekend and that the facility was extremely busy. We have a strict cleaning schedule that includes all public areas and changing facilities which are cleaned 3 times daily, morning, mid-day and evening. Again I can only assume that the cleaning equipment was out during your visit because the cleaning was in progress.
Sales & Marketing Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were here for one night for a wedding last weekend and had a nice relaxing time. Everything was very clean and the rooms were a very good size. The food was nice and the staff were friendly. Overall quite a nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your attendance of a wedding in the hotel. I’m delighted that you found the food, staff and rooms nice and that you had a relaxing time.
I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was so surprised be the quality and service provided by this hotel. As someone who spends a lot of time travelling for work and staying in hotels I usually find fault with hotels. However I can honestly say this hotel is faultless. The food was excellent quality, everyone seemed please to be there and by that I mean everyone who worked there. The spa treament area was one of the best I have ever stayed in. The kids were welcomed and the odd conversation the had with staff made it even more of a pleasant stay for them. Defo a perfect place if you want a good value break with the family.
The family room had four good sized beds with at least a metre between each bed. There was also plenty of room to move about, most other hotels its a nightmare but this was a pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SBrowne74
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay in the hotel. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all the facilities particularly when you spend so much time in hotels in your day to day working life. Thank you for your very positive feedback on the food, the staff, the spa, the leisure club, the size of the family room and the value for money.
We are a family owned and family managed property and at all times we aspire to ensuring that all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a friendly atmosphere and I’m glad that you found this to be the case.
I very much hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel again soon and thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel has a magical location set in a partially wooded area right alongside the cascades and river that flows through Ennistymon town. The sound of the river as you enter the hotel is so soothing. The fact that it's a 2 minute stroll into town (along the bank of the river) is also a bonus.

The hotel itself is what you'd expect for a 3-star hotel - basic but comfortable. The leisure center is lovely.. the outdoor hot-tub a treat, especially under the light of a full moon.

We had a delicious coffee and scones in the bar on the Saturday afternoon looking out at beautiful views of the river and town. The only thing that spoiled it for me was the large TV overhead which no one seemed to be watching but it was left on nonetheless.. such an atmosphere killer.

Breakfast was nice - the fresh fruit salad very tasty. We also had dinner in the Thai restuarant on the Friday evening. Nice atmosphere but the food was pretty average and overpriced for thai food in my opinion.

Ennistymon is a great little town with some fantastic old pubs.. we particularly enjoyed the trad session at Cooleys - the little pub right around the corner from the hotel.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kobbo

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the scones in the bar, breakfast in the morning, the leisure club, the setting of the hotel and the town itself.
With regard to your comments on our Thai Restaurant, I’m very sorry that you were not happy with the meal, we normally receive very positive feedback about the food and value and I would like to apologise that this was not the case during your visit.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed in this hotel during the summertime during a wedding. Excellent service. Check in at reception was efficient and Aideen the receptionist was very nice. Also the food is brilliant in this hotel. The presentation is wonderful. Alot of good variety of channel to watch also on tv including CNN which would be popular with American guest's staying in the hotel. Would recommend this hotel to people coming to Clare on holidays.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your review following your stay with us this summer. I’m delighted to hear that you found the service at the wedding excellent and that you enjoyed the food and appreciated the presentation. I will pass your compliments onto our wedding team and our receptionist Eadaoin. I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

A day at the Spa in the Falls Hotel was a real treat. The staff are very helpful, polite, and friendly. They are well trained. A back massage and a facial with Cathriona was everything a girl could ask for. Thank you! After a very relaxing day we enjoyed dinner in the Thai restaurant which was gorgeous as usual.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for posting the lovely review following your visit to the River Spa and the Thai restaurant in the Falls Hotel. I’m delighted you enjoyed the treatments and your evening meal and that you found the staff helpful, polite, well trained and friendly. I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We booked a spa weekend in Clare and picked Falls Hotel. Was a little disappointed when we arrived, as I expected something more modern and luxurious for a spa hotel. As other travellers say, the style and decor could do with some updating.
Overall however, the staff were really helpful and friendly, location of the hotel is beautiful and very handy for exploring the area, and the food is very nice and fresh - our favourite was the Thai restaurant.
What really made the weekend for us though was the spa and leisure centre: beautiful and modern, with great facilities - really worth a visit. I would definitely be a regular visitor if I was living in the area.
We had a very nice weekend there - one suggestion from us would be to improve the bar facilities: when we went for a drink on Saturday night, the place was very cold, not a cosy place to spend the night. Would explain why all the guests were sitting around the fire in the lobby instead. We left after one drink and went back to the room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank w0rldar0und

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay in the Falls Hotel. I was glad to read that you found the staff friendly and helpful, the location beautiful, the food nice and fresh and the spa and leisure facilities good. I have taken note of your comment about the bar, thank you for your feedback.
I hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Sales & Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennistymon
Hotel Doolin
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
Hotel Woodstock
Hotel Woodstock
#2 of 9 in Ennis

Been to Falls Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!