Falls Hotel & Spa
No availability for your dates from our partners
Doolin House(Doolin)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,106 results
All reviewsleisure centrelovely hoteloutdoor hot tuboverlooking the rivercascades restaurantsteam roombar foodrelaxation roombit datedgames roomself cateringco clareboth nightswedding receptionbreakfast and dinnernight breakchanging rooms
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed at this great location here on a few occasions for weddings, get togethers, etc.

Great facilities, restaurant, good for families, great pool and spa

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nollaigkelly
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your review. I’m delighted to hear that you found the hotel to have great facilities, restaurant, pool, spa and good for families.
I hope we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Falls Hotel in Ennistymon for a few nights immediately after Easter. The hotel is set in lovely grounds with the river cascading down. There are lovely short walks around the grounds. We enjoyed the beautiful view of the cascading river from the dining room and bar. We had dinner in the bar and restaurant and found everything very nice. We used the pool in the mornings before breakfast when it was very quite. Ennistymon is very well situated for getting to the Cliffs of Moher, the magnificent Burren, Doolin Caves, Ailwee Caves, Lahinch and a haven for walking.
It was a disadvantage not having Wi-Fi in the bedrooms, though it was available in the lobby and the bar (sometimes hit and miss)
We enjoyed our stay at the Falls Hotel and would happily return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view of the river
1  Thank holidays57

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your lovely review which you posted after your Easter Break with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the views from our bar & restaurant, the grounds, the pool and the location of the hotel.
I'm going to look into the WiFi issue you encountered. The Free WiFi in our Bar and Lobby area is a relatively new system so the signal should be consistent and strong so thank you for making us aware of it.
I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and were dissapointed. The rooms were dungeon like; dark and badly furnished. We were able to move to another room up higher and those were better. But this hotel could be so much more! it has the possibility to be a wonderful and beautiful place. But it is stuck in the past. Drab and lifeless. the breakfast was horrible, we had a hard time finding something we could eat. I felt like i was in a food bank line! yuk. The good part was the receptionist was very helpful and kind. The bar had beer on tap. Oh and the pool was nice but you have to wear a cap which takes away from the experience.
Also the good thing is that is is super close to the Cliffs of Moher.

Room Tip: HIgher the better
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I’m sorry to read that in your opinion our hotel is drab and lifeless. We have just completed a refurbishment and we have received very positive feedback from guests about the new look and feel to the property.
It’s a pity you couldn’t find anything to eat at breakfast. The breakast buffet that we provide includes a selection of cereals, fruit, yogurts, pastries and breads plus a hot food option that includes rashers, sausages, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, fried & scrambled eggs and porridge.
With regard to the pool, it is for hygine reasons that everyone using the pool wears a hat.
I’m glad you found our staff helpful and kind. At all times we work very hard to ensure that all guests experience a good enjoyable stay and I was very sorry to read that you were disappointed.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Me and my wife have been to the Thai restaurant a few times now and i have to say its very contestant. I have tried almost everything on the menu now and it is really tasty. My only reservation in this restaurant is the chipped painted walls and mould and dust in the room. You would think a hotel of this level would do a little something in the room to help the food along.

1  Thank benjamin53

Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for the review you posted about the consistently good Thai River Restaurant in our hotel. The restaurant is open two years now and we do get a lot of local people as well as residents dining there are a regular basis. The restaurant is located in one of the original rooms of the manor house and following reading your review I’ve had a look and the ledge around the original room has being chipped in spots by the furniture. Thanks for bring it to my attention. I hope we will see you back again soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

The good: The young woman at reception was very kind. Nice view of the river. Donkeys.

The unfortunate: Drab, cavernous, tired, old, dingy, and stuck in time (perhaps 1943?) No internet availability in the rooms. No internet availability in the lounge or lobby, as suggested, either. Uncomfortable beds. Thin walls. Dingy carpets. Dank endless hallways. Children racing about - and not just in the pool area and the arcade (which is, unfortunately, directly off the lobby). It felt like Miss Havisham meets "The Shining" meets "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" - in other words: sad, dreadful and bizarre.

With so many wonderful options nearby in Lahinch, I'm gobsmacked that this place is still in business - though, from the looks of things, just barely.

1  Thank jayn71

Hello TripAdvisor Member,
I’m sorry to hear that in your opinion you thought our hotel to be “drab, tired, old, dingy and stuck in time”, as we have just done a refurbishment and we have received very positive feedback from guests about the new look and feel. We are a family owned and family managed hotel and at all times we want to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable, restful and relaxing stay. I’m sorry that you did not find this to be the case. Thank you for the positive comment on our reception staff.