“Top Seafood”

Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Lahinch
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We're a family run seafood and steak restaurant in operation since 1988. We pride ourselves in sourcing the best local seafood and steaks and serve vegetables fresh from the garden. Situated on the Wild Atlantic Way against the backdrop of Liscannor Bay, the restaurant combines stunning views with a homely atmosphere and an old-style, Irish cottage charm.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great choice of seafood and wine. Excellent service. Great atmosphere. Down a small track a few miles south out of Lahinch.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We traveled to Ireland for my birthday and my only request was to eat at Barrtra at least once. We decided on a last minute whim, while walking on the beach at Lahinch that we would try to get in that same night. Teresa welcomed us and our big party, including 4 children. Everything on the menu was fantastic, I should know, I made everyone give me a taste of what they ordered! Teresa was VERY accommodating and came up with a kid's menu on the fly. The kids were thrilled to be enjoying a fancy meal with the grown-ups. My hot-smoked salmon with Dijon sauce was so good, I've been thinking of it ever since. Thank you so much for making my birthday special and for creating a beautiful restaurant with such an alluring atmosphere. Sunset is spectacular when you're eating at Barrtra. DO NOT miss dining with the O'Brien Family when you're in Co. Clare.

2  Thank Sara S
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked a meal here with my girlfriend. It was our anniversary and we wanted to go somewhere with a memorable atmosphere. We were both really impressed with Barrtra. There was another group who had booked which meant there was a table for us too. Make sure you check if they are open on the off season. This restaurant would be a ideal location for group to visit before going into Lahinch for a night out or as in our case, a great place for a couple to enjoy a cosy romantic meal.
The set up is simple. You book, you arrive, you eat, you drink, you go home happy.
There were 2 set menu's. We were asked if we wanted meat or fish? We opted for fish and were treated to five courses of great restaurant standard food.
Well done Barrtra, I'm a very happy Irish customer. In fact I'm amazed that there isn't more places like this around the coast of Ireland.

2  Thank Pete M
Reviewed October 21, 2012

last night we were 10 friends from work who decided to go to barrtra for dinner. The food was excellent as was the service. Teresa the owner gave us a lovely welcome and really looked after us for the whole evening. Barrtra is a first class restaurant with staff that look after you and make you feel at home. Everybody enjoyed the meal and the evening. It has to be my favorite restaurant

1  Thank galteelady
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Fabulous starters followed by a seafood platter for 25Euro. This came with a FULL lobster, crab claws, oysters and a seafood pate. This may be expected on the opening night of a season where the crew is geeing themselves up for an all time great year , but as we were the last two customers on the final night of the season speaks volumes for this restaurant. Had just enough room for what i came for - possibly the best gingerbread dessert i've ever tasted.

2  Thank Jenniferpwaterford