“Lovely hotel”

Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lahinch
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed her for 2 nights with our 15 month old daughter. Hadn't booked so just rocked up and asked if they had a room available which they had. Room was nice and comfortable and very warm. They provided us with a cot for our daughter as well which we didn't ask for but they gave us anyway. Staff all very friendly and breakfast was very good with a mixture of everything. Nice lounge and very clean with good on-site parking. My other half and daughter went to the pool while I went to the gym (I didn't have any swimming gear with me) which was all complementary. Gym was well equipped and swimming pool was very clean. Didn't use the other facilities so can't comment on those. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just home after a two night stay in the hotel. This place is fantastic. The most perfect location for a weekend break. The hotel is spotless and the staff are so friendly and helpful. We stayed in the deluxe room which was lovely if not just slightly disappointing, the only difference between deluxe and standard is the size of the room. I did say this at reception and they noted this and offered a reduction in rate straight away. The leisure facilities are second to none and the staff are only happy to assist. The pool was warm and immaculate. We really couldn't find fault. A maze of long corridors, but all rooms really assessable as there are many entrances once you get your bearings. Food was fabulous, and Lahinch is the perfect location for a nice quite weekend away. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Myself and my fiancée stayed here in August 13 for a couple of nights. We where warmly welcomed and our stay throughout was perfect.
I usually stay with family on visits to Lahinch but this was a nice bit of luxury to escape to. We had a corner room so we were lucky to have a balcony, the room itself was stunning and had all you could ask for, from iron, safe to kettle and large flat screen TV.
Breakfast was stunning each morning, I am a fan of the buffet style breakfast and everything was lovely and hot with choices across the board and the staff cant do enough to help you.
The Spa/gym was a nice surprise and we did use all the facilities and loved it.
The location is perfect being in the high street, we never had any problem with noise which I was worried about. Great place to be.
I come back to Lahinch roughly every 4 years for family reunions and this will not be my last visit to Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel. Looking forward to future stays.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed 3 nights the end of August 2013 on a large golf outing. Nice lobby, great breakfast. Great bar also. I couldn't find my room by wandering around, I asked the front desk the easiest way to find my room, they directed me to walk out the front door and go around the corner and go in the back door. Worked great, what a concept. I was in a handicapped room, so the toilet was an issue, me being so short and the fixture being so high off the ground. Of course I didn't ask to be moved. It all worked out. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a room the same level as the lobby to avoid confusion.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great place to relax with the children, good sized rooms for the money, lovely service, great breakfast, and over all great value for money! Thank you, we have stayed before and we will be back. Great tip from Reception for the Indian Restaurant in Lahinch, it was really good - thanks again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We had three rooms.which were clean and tidy and fresh. The leisure centre staff were very attentive friendly and excellent at their job. Breakfast was lovely and staff were fine. Being honest I felt the place was lacking leadership and was very surprised that there were so many people staying but no one having dinner. The front of house staff were efficient but anytime I had a question I had to que for a while as they were always answering phones and trying to deal with people like me. Will I go back yes definitely.
By the way it was my first time in lehinch but not my last.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First the good: Spacious and clean (except for the dishes) room. Swimming facilitiy was very clean and the staff at the pool was exceptionally friendly. Close to the beach and town. Most of the hotel staff that we encountered were friendly.

Now the less than good: Breakfast dishes were dirty! Also dishes in our kitchenette were dirty. Breakfast was mediocre. We didnt feel that the woman at reception was friendly. We booked as a family of four but were given no sheets for the pull out bed and only had three towels. We went to the desk and asked for some sheets/towel.. She said someone would be right up. We waitied nearly an hour (9:30 at night) and went back down. Clearly she had forgotten and was unapologetic for it. . Also the Wifi wasn't working. When we asked about it, she seemed annoyed and again offered no apology. It seems as though they did get the Wifi fixed later on during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahinch
Atlantic Hotel
#1 of 4 in Spanish Point
Hotel Doolin
Hotel Doolin
#2 of 4 in Doolin

Been to Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!