“Stag Weekend, with different levels of experience, same levels of fun”
Review of Tombstone Airsoft - CLOSED

Tombstone Airsoft
More attraction details
Owner description: Airsoft is a military simulation sport in which players participate in mock combat with military-style mock weapons and tactics.Airsoft refers to a class of replica air powered guns that originated from Japan (although the origins go back to the US in the 70s). It is one of the fastest growing sports in Europe. Armed with an exact replica machine gun you will divide into teams and spend the next few hours taking great pleasure in securing your objectives and winning the game! Playing in the trenches and in buildings, you will get gun hire, 2500 bullets, facemask and instructors that will help you with tactics.Instructors organise some unique games you will never forget. We make sure you have a great day!
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stag Weekend Event – Different Levels of Experience

I attended an event by Tombstone Airsoft on Sunday the 2nd of June 2013 with a group of 14, from mid-twenties to … well a little older and with very different levels of fitness and experience at Airsoft.

The guys showing up in full camouflage gear and with their own guns and ammo clips are a little intimidating at first but once you get your safety gear on and a Airsoft AK47 in your hands it all evens out.

Location: It was about a 15 minute drive from Lahinch, getting to the site was a little hard on my car, there are a few new scrapes on the underside I have no doubt but it is out that way for a reason.
We played a few games (more on that later) in the forest, a “cabin” and a quarry all of which had tough terrain as part of the fun. It was a dry and clear day, following a dry and clear day but the ground in the forest was still marshy and soft, with plenty of moss underfoot. It was hard on both arms and legs but that probably says more about my fitness and the fact that we were out for about five hours then the site.

Safety & Equipment: The gear provided was a little worn and on first inspection I was worried about the ability of the gun provided as there were parts missing and duct tape holding other parts together. However it fired in a straight line and given the number of trees I ran through and the amount of time I spend diving on the ground I can understand the wear and tear on the gun and it had no impact on my ability to shoot straight and quickly on the move.
Face mask was a little uncomfortable, but the focus on safety was nice. A few times during the games someone had a mask malfunction and there was a call to stop and the mask was replaced. A brief safety instruction by our guides was given at the start and that was all that was needed to ensure we all had fun and left with the ability to see from both eyes.

The games: We played quite a few games (with a thankful break in between each) during the five hours we were out, starting with a simple “attack and defend” on a fort in the woods. Each team was given 30 minutes to take and hold the opposition’s fort (neither team did). After that we played a “hunt the stag” game, where by the 5 most experienced players teamed up and hid while the rest of us crashed around the woods making too much noise and not finding them… We then played “capture the flag” in a cabin in the woods and the switching to the quarry for the second half. The final game was a “push them back” event with the experienced players being forced to move back towards the road when hit. All great fun, similar but different enough to keep it fun and interesting for over five hours.

The staff: Differing levels of experience, one gent who obviously runs events like this all the time, the second gent who obviously plays a lot, but isn’t a regular staff member, however this led to some minor delays but nothing more than that. Both guys where fun and engaged for the entire time and did all they could to make it fun and interesting.

The cost: At just €35 for about 5 hours of fun and entertainment it was great value for money. This included the rental of equipment and enough balls (bullets) for me anyway, but then I preferred single shot to automatic!

Final words of advice, the fitter you are the easier it will be to run back and forth from spawn points, moving fast isn’t essential but it will make your team win most events. Being aggressive and not sitting back is the key to success, a point our guides / instructors where clear to make and helped us with words of encouragement and strategic support (even if we ignored them!).

Thanks to the guys at Tombstone, if I am back in Lahinch I will make sure I get another run out, welts and all.

tombstone a, Owner at Tombstone Airsoft, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Im glad you had a blast hope you come visit us again :-)

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a great activity for a stag weekend. The game arena has 4-5 different zones and the instructors gauged the mix of keeping control and having a laugh just right. The track leading to the game zone certainly gets you in the mood for some serious combat. There are no toilet facilities nor is there anywhere to buy a drink, so go prepared.

tombstone a, Owner at Tombstone Airsoft, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Glad you had a blast we hope to see you again soon
Thanks for coming out to us
Eddie

Reviewed April 8, 2013

had my stag here just last weekend. Could not recommend this activity highly enough. I did not know what to expect but it turned out to be a really enjoyable day out. Marshalls were a huge part of the day - very sound and highly skilled and knew what they were on about. great craic and banter had by all the boys! 2 things I would advise for the...dont wear bright colours like red and green and try not be hungover when your there!

tombstone a, Owner at Tombstone Airsoft, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

glad you had a great day thanks for coming up, we might see you again less hungover lol

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I hadn't heard of airsoft before I was invited along for a staff party but was assured by my colleagues I'd enjoy it.
How right they were...
Airsoft is a gun based sport similar to paintball but uses plastic ball bearings rather than paint balls. The first and major advantage of this is the price. It's a fraction of a day out paint balling with savings on ammo refills alone.
The day out started with us meeting in a nearby town and being taken to the edge of a dense forest where the tombstone air soft is based. Once there our instructors and referees for the afternoon, Eddie and John, gave us a thorough talk through the safety guidelines and tuition on the guns. The guns are gas powered, easy to use and all in perfect order. Also protective gear was supplied.
Once it was time to play we split into teams, given rules of the games and led into the forest. After ten minutes the sheer size of the playing area became apparent. The area of woodland these guys have utilised is massive, full of obstacles, bases and other mod cons any war zone shouldn't be without. After the game Eddie explained how they vary the size of the playing area depending on the group they have in.
We played several different styles of game in different parts of the forest and after a couple hours we were all ready to head back to lahinch to the comfort of the pub.
The whole experience from arrival to end was fantastic. The lads really have things well organised and made the day one to remember. I would recommend to anyone. Awesome day out.

tombstone a, Manager at Tombstone Airsoft, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thanks a mil I'm glad you had a blast we hope to see you again shooting the place up

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Well organised, great combat game layouts and equipment, safety a priority. Hidden away in remote woods, but not far from Lahinch

tombstone a, Owner at Tombstone Airsoft, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I'm glad you had a good time hope to see you again soon