“Really Good!”
Review of Randaddy's

Randaddy's
Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in Lahinch
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Randaddy's is owned and operated by Randy Lewis. A native of Canada, Randy has cooked his way around the world, immersing himself in the culture and culinary customs of each country he has visited. So, how the heck did he end up in Lahinch? AboutRandaddysRandyExploringWell you see, Randy loves to travel but he's no ordinary tourist! He sees countries and cultures as great sources of ingredients, ideas and inspiration. Randy has incorporated what he absorbs from his travels into his cooking and creates flavoursome food made from the freshest, seasonal ingredients. It's Randy's ability to combine the exotic with the everyday to create culinary delights that makes dining in Randaddy's such an awesome eating experience. Randy is an explorer who loves to collect and compile ingredients and ideas from the countries he visits. He collates all this information in his recipe scrapbook so he can use what he has learned in Randaddy's. Centuries ago, explorers such as Magellan, Marco Polo and Columbus took samples of what they found for later study. They were always up for the next adventure - so is Randy. He is an unashamed adventurer, always up for the next voyage and he wants nothing more than to share his discoveries with you, to give you 'a real taste of adventure'...
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have dined here many times and always enjoyed the food. The decor is lovely and it is right on the beach front with outdoor seating. The pizza is one of the best I have had, freshly cooked with a wide range of toppings. There is a lot of different things on the menu that you would not find in other restaurants so it is especially good for children. Very enjoyable will definitely be going there again!

Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Lahinch.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to Randaddy’s in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stopped for lunch here in may while on a business trip up the west coast. What a treat! A refreshing change from the usual places and by God I wont be doing usual again after our visit. Amazing goats cheese and pesto sandwich, my colleague had pizza to die for. The food was that fresh and mouthwatering I couldnt but buy takeout for tea that evening. Cant wait for the next trip up west coast of Clare! Randaddys... We like!!!!

Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Randaddy’s.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our customers.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to Randaddy’s in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stopped by Randaddys last week while on a golfing holiday. I was at the in the area about 5 years ago and was at the beach, the only place at the time across from the beach was a cafeteria style shop. It was to my friends and my great pleasure to see a fine new restaurant in the location across from the waves. Decor, price and menu was great. We ate BBQ pizza and a seafood pasta with mussels, clams & crab claws.......delicious. Service was prompt, courtious and the beautiful flowers on the outside dressed up the area ....It was nice to see it more inviting to the eye. I will definately let all the other buddies know about it when they take their golf trip there.

Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your visit to Randaddy’s in Lahinch.

We strive to get it spot on and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon at Randaddys Cafe & Restaurant, Lahinch, Co. Clare

Reviewed June 10, 2012

ate here last month and was very disappointed,after all the good reviews thought it was goin to be good butn let me tell u from the moment you walk in the door there is no one to greet you had to pay for food first the tables needed to b wiped down there were flowers in vases with what looked like stagnant water.When the food came what can i say the pizza was burnt and the kiddies gougons the smallest portion ive ever seen. The staff not very friendly, no smiling faces.Would not recommend this place and will definately not be back.

Randaddys, Owner at Randaddy's, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Diner

I refer to your recent visit to Randaddys Cafe & Restaurant, Lahinch and to your subsequent review. Firstly, I wish to thank you for your review which is very helpful to us in ensuring that we can promptly deal with issues that may adversely affect our customers experience.

I am very disappointed to read this review. Please accept our apologies to you for the obvious disappointment caused to you.

Firstly, I am disappointed you felt you were not greeted when you arrived in Randaddys as I always make a point of saying hello to everyone and even pop over to each table to ensure everything is ok for my customers.

As regards paying for food before you receive it: we operate a cafe style during the day whereby everyone pays first and then takes a seat. We are quite busy during the day and therefore we operate this style. From 6pm onwards, the cafe turns into an evening dining/restaurant experience. We would be delighted if you would come back and enjoy this experience for yourself as it is a very different atmosphere.

The matter of stagnant water in our flowers is simply unacceptable however I assure you that this is changed every day. I have taken the necessary actions here to prevent a similar occurrence again.

As regards the pizza you received, we are exceptionally proud of the food offering we provide to our customers and I am disappointed you feel that your pizza was not up to standard. Our food prices are extremely competitive and our customers usally comment that the quantity of food they receive is extremely great value.

In general I would say that diners should always speak with management when they are not happy, if they do not, I think it is a missed opportunity for both parties.

Clearly, this was not an enjoyable experience for you and we would welcome the opportunity to try and make amends to you and to demonstrate to you that what you experienced is far from the norm in Randaddys. To that end, please feel free to contact me directly on info@randaddys.ie.

We look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Brilliant pizza best I've ever had. Very friendly and helpful staff, great service. Good atmosphere good value..will definately be eating in Randaddys more often!!

Randaddys, Owner at Randaddy's, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill in a comment on your recent visit to Randaddy’s in Lahinch.

We are constantly striving to improve our guest’s experience and it really encourages us when we get good feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Randaddy’s in the near future.