“Waste of Money”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Waste of Money”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was a complete waste of money. Please don't waste your hard earned money. When we went in we noticed a lot of the visitors were having white spirit poured onto their hands because as they looked at some of the tanks - there hands became covered in paint as they were just painted and there was no signs up to notify them of this. We spend the next 30 mins trying to keep our toddler away from the wet areas. It was not an enjoyable experience and we wouldn't have gone in had we known this. The smell of paint was really bad. We looked at everything and were in and out in less than 45 mins. It really is not worth the exorbitant cost. Another example of rip off Ireland. For the record the restaurant next door to it was disappointing too especially the children's menu. No flexibility at all there so beware.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Cosmona

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Waste of hard earned money”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Went to seaworld with kids, what a disaster it was. Nothing exciting about the place, its dull and needs a serious makeover even though they were trying to paint the place during opening hours which was a bit Irish. Would not recommend seaworld to anyone but the swimming pool was value for money.

1 Thank Georgeevelyn
Lahinch
“Kill a few hours with the kids”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

good welcome from the staff, the sorbing was great fun, friends went surfing and were delighted with the €3 showers, on sunday there is a market on the front and the cheese stall is brilliant

Visited August 2012
Cork, Ireland
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Good!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went with my younger brothers and sister to the aquarium, I recommend going when there's a tour on as it's a lot more interesting. The aquarium isn't the biggest or most exotic you'll come across but the tour was very interesting, the tour guide Eoghan was very nice and we got to see some fish being fed later.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank bmflynn
Limerick
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Response to John r”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

John, I wrote the review you referred to and while conscious that I don't want this to become a too and fro discussion, as this is not the forum for same, I felt compelled to respond to your comment " this does not describe what is happening in sea world". What I described is exactly what I experienced and observed during my visit with my three children. You refer to the fitness club, I have made no comment regarding same and have had no experience of this. I believe a distinction needs to be made between the several and diverse facilities, I only commented on the pool and sea world - the two facilities my family availed of. I have no motivation other than to describe what I saw. No one can deny that lahinch needs facilities such as these and the fabulous playground next door is a welcome addition. We have visited lahinch several times a year for many years and will continue to do so. However, the facilities are not up to standard for the entry price and basic amenities are in need of upgrading. What primarily compelled me to write the review, however were the conditions of the pool and the poor facilities which the sea animals were kept in. The purpose of trip advisor is for reviewers to describe their experience frankly and with honesty and fairness, I believe I did exactly this and my original comments remain pertinent.

Visited July 2012