“Second to none :)”
Review of Ben's Surf Clinic

Ben's Surf Clinic
Ranked #3 of 10 Tours in Lahinch
More attraction details
Owner description: Ben has been coaching surfing since 1993 and set up Bens Surf Clinic in Lahinch Co. Clare to become the top Lahinch surf school. We provide top quality surf lessons with a difference. We work in small groups (max 6) with a level 2/3 surf coach to give lots of personnal attention and hopefuly help you progress quickly. We coach all levels from beginner to advanced including video analysis. We were Irelands first hard board surf school and are delighted to coach you on your own board, or bring you throuhg the complete basics.All our lessons are for two hours in the water, as we believe time in the water is waht people really wnat and is also the best place to learn. We have a wide range of lessons and course for kids right through to the old adventurer so come along and try a new surf experience.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Second to none :)”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

If you want to learn how to surf, Ben's Surf Clinic is second to none. I'm just back from a three day visit to Lahinch and am still 'stoked' from my sessions with Ben and his team.

They don't just show you what to do, they stick with you until you do it right! And they miss nothing.

Great teachers and great guys. See you all again soon.

1 Thank RobMoore75

“Improver lesson. Verdict, IMPROVED!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Have been surfing 3yrs at least once a week and got a voucher for a two hour lesson for Christmas from Ben's Surf Clinic. He took an hour to undue all my bad habits and the 2nd hour was spent putting all his coaching into practice. I can honestly say that I noticed the difference immediately. Highly recommended. I will be back in 4 -6 weeks to iron out those kinks and I recon that's me sorted for life! Thanks Ben!!

Ben B, Owner at Ben's Surf Clinic, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
hi paul thanks for the review worked out a great day with conditions and you really stepped up a notch or two, delighted. see you in water soon ben
Limerick, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent surf lessons by Ben”
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

It was an awesome lesson, great fun and we learned lots. Ben was very accommodating too and met us at 8:30 to get a great lesson in before the high tide.

1 Thank Lukejnr
Killaloe, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Weekend Course: A Must”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

As a keen surfer I was looking to brush up on my technique so I said I'd have a go at one of Ben's intermediate weekend courses. It was amazing. A total eye opener. From simple tips on waxing your board to in-depth video analysis I learned so much. It was tough work at times but the lads managed to knock my bad habits on the head over the weekend and now I'm far more confident in the water. The team were consummate professionals and had an answer and explanation for every question.

Sound lads, great experience!

Visited December 2012
Kildare, Ireland
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great School”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been to Bens surf clinic three times and hired kit from them a further two times. So Ill start with the classes.

The classes themselves run for about 2 hours. This is plenty of time as you are in the water for the majority of the time. Ben and the other instructors are very good at what they do. I have even seen Ben going out of his way to help people who aren't a part of the group or even the class. Their instruction is very clear and they will have you up on that board in no time. I cant wait to get back down again.

The kit is good, obviously your hiring kit so it isn't going to be the best that money can buy but still they keep it clean and always seem to have enough to go around.

I would and have recommended this school to any of my friends that are heading down that way.

Visited September 2012