“Hardest course I've ever played”
Review of Lahinch Golf Club

Lahinch Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1893 by a Scottish Regiment of British Army officers, this course is a perfect example of a true Irish links with its towering sand dunes, rolling fairways and greens.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

If you are looking for the ultimate golf challenge, Lahinch is the course. As a woman golfer, you have to be able to carry 130 yards consistently. The views are stunning and our caddy, Alan, was so helpful in navigating the course with us.

1  Thank vmegan
There are newer reviews for Lahinch Golf Club

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I played while my wife looked after the kids at West Coast Lodge! What a treat, the best course I have ever played hands down. Thank you to the bar staff for the lovely foodalso what a course!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

well this was the third time I have taken a group to Lahinch and we all enjoyed it. the course is fantastic and in very nice condition. I again had Mr. Thynne as my caddie for the 3rd time. his knowledge of the course is superb and it was a joy just to spend an afternoon with him and the other caddies. finished off the day with a pint at the bar as well as some great seafood chowder.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We played Lahinch in the teeth of a gale - the starter told us the gusts were hitting 75 mph! He also told us most of the golfers that had gone out before us hadn't even finished the first hole before walking back in. I managed to lose my rain cover on the first hole - it blew off and was gone so fast I couldn't catch it. On another hole, the wind blew my beenie right off my head, and on one of thw holes I had to tee my ball 6 times before I could hit it. Crazy! In spite of it the constant onslaught of wind interspersed with rain, we pressed on. The golf wasn't pretty most of the time, but the course is pure greatness! I was on the green in 2 on Klondyke (and 3 putted for my par), and then parred The Dell too. On 11 and 12 we played through a squall - the rain hitting our faces felt like BBs thanks to the winds, but, after that, the rain quit and the sun began to come out. The winds never abated though, so the home 9 was a slog; if you didn't point your trolly in the right direction when you stopped to hit a shot, the wind would blow it right over. Definitely more challenging conditions than I had ever experienced before, but they didn't detract from the course itself. Of the courses we played on this trip, Lahinch was my favorite links course, only slightly behind Old Head overall. Definitely a must-play. And, while you're there, take the 15 minute drive over to see The Cliffs of Moher. Amazing!

Only downer was, we never saw the goats.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Fantastic course along the altantic ocean. Well maintained. Not easy for the high handicapper - many drives require you to clear 150 yards of goarse.