Review Highlights

Great experience

Reviewed July 19, 2018
Guyfromsaskatchewan
via mobile

All reviews surf school staff were extremely friendly failed attempts thanks guys hour lesson great crack top marks last weekend wet suits john wetsuits waves board equipment encouragement craic ireland
Reviewed July 31, 2018

These guys are the best surf rental co in Lahinch. They sorted us with top end boards and wet suits for the best price. Really sound lads even told us the best spot on the beach to head for. Would +00% reccomend.

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

We tried booking online the night before with a couple places with no luck so we just decided to show up. We tried the first school and they were full so recommend we try this place. They were very accommodating to get our 10 year old and 14 year old in the same group (our 14 year old went with the younger group). Booking was friendly and courteous. Instructors were very friendly and helpful to our kids. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

It was a warm and sunny day in Ireland perfect for a spontaneous surf lesson! We called in the morning and were able to book an afternoon lesson easily for 2 adults. Equipment and 2 hour lesson are all provided at a superb price of €35 for adults. Easy to get to from Cliffs of Moher. Stuart and Matt were wonderful!

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

John McCarthy's Lahinch Surf School was an easy 5/5 star experience! The day my buddy and I went, Stuart and Matt helped us out exponentially! I went in being a first time surfer thinking I was going to have a rough time figuring it all out, but with a quick demonstration and support in the water, it only took a few soft tumbles before I could get on my feet consistently and get a true thrill of the surf.
On top of the surfing being great, both mates working were two extremely genuine and nice lads. My experience here would have me recommend this place to anybody and will even hopefully one day bring me back to Lahinch to surf and chat again.
(Stuart even let me steal his watch for the surf! Now that's Customer Service!)
Cheers!

1  Thank BradenRidgey
LahinchSurfSchool, Manager at Lahinch Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

Thanks for the review. We are happy that we could help make your guys trip to Ireland a memorable one. A big "Aloha" from us here at the Lahinch Surf School Family.

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Went on the May bank holiday with a group from work and was one of the best group events we attended. The staff were fantastic and could not be more helpful. They could not have done more for us. The lessons themselves were easy to follow and then practicing ourselves was great fun.

LahinchSurfSchool, Manager at Lahinch Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Hi Hugh, Glad you had a good time here with us at Lahinch Surf School and happy we could pass on the 'stoke' of surfing to you and your colleagues. Thank you for the review and best wishes from us here at the LSS Family.

Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Really good instructors, my niece never surfed before but after a week of teen camp she got that surfing bug and loves to surf now. Thank you guys

LahinchSurfSchool, Owner at Lahinch Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Hi Kasia!

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are delighted to hear! It's great to hear your niece is keeping it up, we hope to see her in the surf someday soon!

Best wishes!

All of the LSS Family :)

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Visited here with 3 friends in November 2017. I’ve had lessons before but I have to say that Alan - our instructor was the best teacher I’ve ever had. We had a great morning.

LahinchSurfSchool, Owner at Lahinch Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Shauna. Thanks so much for this cool review. We are delighted you had an awesome experience with us. Alan is a brill surf coach. Hope to see you in Lahinch Surf School again soon:) Thanks John

Reviewed October 23, 2017

My wife and I took surf lessons from Lahinch Surf School in October of 2017 from Jacob. There were only four of us in the group, so we had a lot of one-on-one instruction. The waves that day were great for beginners, not too big, and Jacob's instruction was concise and useful. The weather that day was cold, the water was cool, and it rained halfway through the lesson, but none of that dampened the fun we had catching a few waves. Included in with the lessons are a wetsuit and foam board. There are several surf schools in Lehinch to choose from; if you choose LSS, I bet you'll have a good time.

Hi Kasia. Thank you so much for this great review and recommendation for Lahinch Surf School. We appreciate it so much. We are delighted you had brilliant experience. We always try to make it fun, friendly and safe. Thanks again for the fantastic review. Hope to see you again soon at Lahinch Surf School. Kind Regards John & the crew:)

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Recently popped down with the family to have a bash at this surfing crack . I can't say I was a genius by any means but it was most enjoyable and so glad we had a go of it. Our instructor was Lorcan who was most pleasant and gave us plenty of encouragement during our many failed attempts at standing up. The waves were a little sparse but probably not a bad thing considering our ability but we certainly enjoyed our experience. All of the staff were very friendly & informative & will definitely make a point of going back and recommending them to others.
Thanks guys.

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

We are a family of 4, kids aged 11 and 18. We booked the two hour lesson at a family rate and shared this slot with another family of 4. There children were a lot younger. We made our booking over the phone and the girl who took the booking was really helpful. Our instructor was Míguel and he was both friendly and knowledgeable. We throughly enjoyed the surfing lesson and would highly recommend this as a fun day out.