“Super place to learn surf and the lads are great fun!”

Lahinch Surf Centre - Day Course
Ranked #5 of 9 Tours in Lahinch
More attraction details
Owner description: Ireland and Lahinchs finest surf school offering affordable high standard Surf lessons in Lahinch County Clare Ireland, Free Jacuzzi, hot showers, sauna, steam-room, changing rooms, learn to surf in a friendly Vibrant and safe environment ! with all year round waves Lahinch is the best beach to learn to surf on in the world due to the smooth sand bottom creating long rolling walls of white water ! Largest Variety of surfboards available to rent in Lahinch !
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Dublin, Tipperary, Ireland
“Super place to learn surf and the lads are great fun!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had a ball and will be returning soon! Very happy :)). Very helpful and patient with all my stumbling on the board. I would deffo recommend as the best surf shop and school in LaHinch.

Visited February 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best surf lesson ever!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Me and my 3 kids had our first surf lesson. Had wetsuits and boards of all sizes to suit our needs. Even had boots gloves and hoodies to keep us extra warm. Waves were just right for beginners. Our instructor Olli was so much fun and the kids loved him. He had such a way with dealing with youngsters. Would recommend this surf school to everyone.

1 Thank suefinn01
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Ocean Scene surf school first lesson”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Took a lesson from Ollie the friendly & professional owner of the school and let me tell you, he knows his stuff! The lesson was TOTALLY worth it, especially since I'm still a beginner trying to learn on my own. He helped correct the mistakes I made, and half way through the lesson I was riding waves on my own albeit little ones - it was a beginner's day after all.

When I've learned from others in the past, all they've really taught me is to "paddle paddle paddle, stand up!" but Ollie did an excellent job of getting into the details and explaining what I was doing wrong and what I needed to do to fix it. If you're thinking of taking a surfing lesson or two, you need to come and see these guys, I can't wait to get back for more. Also, Lahinch is a lovely spot with a real laid back vibe & the craic is good when you're done with the sea.

I can really only give 5 stars? Let's make it 6.

Visited March 2013
Shannon, Clare, Ireland
“Ocean Scene Surf School”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

A must for anyone wanting to learn to surf , was really nervous at the start but with Ollies help and expertise I was a lot more confident by the time I had finished 1st lesson , on my 3rd now and I am managing to catch a few waves and stay on the board for a short while , loads of info available from Ollie who is obviously an experienced surfer who knows the beach and even throws in info on tides and weather , I would highly recommend Ocean Scene surf school for a great laugh and a relaxed atmosphere .

Visited October 2012
Clare
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best surf shop/lessons in Lahinch”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excellent surf instruction, best facilities in Lahinch operating from Ocean Scene surf shop. Ollie will get you up and surfing quickly to maximise your time surfing. Right alongside Basmati restaurant and Lahinch hostel.

Visited October 2012