“Good value but not what I expected from seeing their website”
Review of West Coast Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lahinch
West Coast Lodge
Reviewed June 24, 2013

+ Location, brilliant common room, good kitchen, clean.
+ Great value for money.
- Parking is minimal.
- There was a smell of petrol on the ground floor which we got when we first walked in, but became accustomed to. When I got home I had to wash all my stuff as they still smelled of petrol.
- The room didn't match the photos. We were in a four bed shared room (2 singles, 2 bunks) and although it had an ensuite and tv it just wasn't as nice as I expected from the photos on their website. The other rooms were much nicer. This was room number 4 on ground floor - see photos.
- As another reviewer stated I think it would be worth putting money into the less than average room(s) to bring them upto the standard of the others. There was 880 euros paid by our group over the wknd, this would be a good start to fixing the problems.

Room Tip: Avoid anything on the ground floor, go for the upper floors. I believe that only part of the hostel...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have read & re:read some & there is quite alot of positive comments in relation to this hostel so it brings me to the conclusion that I & the other few negative reviews must have got THE worst room in this place. First off I would like to state that I did not book this myself I was part of a larger group & it is only this reason that I did not seek out the owners on the day I checked in or checked out to give them a piece of my mind. The room I stayed in to say it was bad was an understatement.Curtains hanging off the rail (few hooks would solve this) Small hairs found on the bed linen which also was extremely damp. I prayed this was because it came out of the dryer too quickly as opposed to some other disgusting reason lurking in the mattress (too scared to have looked). The walls were covered in black mould & as for the ensuite bathroom words fail me. I have better facilities in my garage & I am not exaggerating. When i reluctantly took a shower the water ended up pouring on the floor out under the door which is probably the reason the skirting boards were rotten beyond recognition & the carpets were stinking of something fowl. I also discovered some sort of box to catch ants. If the owners are reading this you know well the room Im referring to & it is nothing short of laziness that you continue to sell this room in this condition. It is an embarrassment to the Irish hospitality sector to continue to do so. Cope on & sort it out you got the bones of €120 from us that night alone(6 of us in that room it had 3 bunks & 1 single bed)& this would go along way to sorting it out. Bottle Bleach €1.50 I mean no excuses. It was my 1st & thanks to you it will be my last time EVER staying in a hostel. Your website shows beautiful rooms I was so looking forward to my stay there but you do not have the dump you put us into up there. Glad I had only to suffer this for 1 night & I had my breakfast in a beautiful restaurant in lahinch.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 210Lauren
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here with a group recently, rooms were clean comfortable and had great unexpected touches like flat screen tvs and ipod docking stations which puts it far beyond any other hostel we ever stayed in. The highligt of the stay however was the staff especially Duncan who went above and beyond the call of duty to keep our mixed group happy. He has a natural ability to read people and was able to find suitable activities for everyone in our group on an nearly indivdual basis and organise all the logistics with ease! looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have just returned from a few days break. We had a super time at the Lodge. It was clean comfortable and so central. Duncan is a great guy who can help organise anything, whatever you like to do this guy has suggestion for it! Thank you to Colin also. We are already looking forward to coming back in July.

Thanks the Burke family

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are super. Like a little hotel really
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. The superb location appealed to us. On arrival we were shown to a room where there was an awful smell and an awful bed so we were brought to another room. The noise level around the room was quite high which is acceptable as it is a hostel-most certainly nothing more! Saw no signs of 'Egyptian cotton sheets' or decent towels-in fact the towels were a disgrace to offer anyone paying for accommodation!

The website for this accommodation is very misleading!

We were woken by the sound of heavy drops of water which we soon realized was coming through the ceiling from the shower in the room above us. When we alerted the staff they informed us the guests in the shower upstairs must not have used the shower curtain properly. This has clearly been an ongoing problem with no solution by management!

I would not recommend this place to friends! It is really only suitable for the younger age groups!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve824
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I loved it!! The hostel is 3 mins away from the sea. The staff is really friendly and helpful. The rooms are super well equiped. The bathtub is huge. It actually looks like a hotel, not like a hostel. The common room is amazing, it has absolutely everything (a computer, a huge tv, a wii console, books...). Breakfast has a great variety of choices

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Selomit
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were greeted very by the owner and his lovely dog
When we went to our rooms they were a perfect size and very cozy.
Then the kids enjoyed their time playing the wii in the afternoon
When they got to bed we all watched a great on the tv in front
Of the bed
When we got up we had a nice breakfast yogurt,fruit salad and cereal. In we asked the owner for a nice surfing spot
And he gave us the perfect location
A lovely and a amusement arcade for the kids
Over all I would give it a 9/10