“BLACK MOULD”
Review of West Coast Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lahinch
West Coast Lodge
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Do not be fooled this is not a luxury lodge! There are no egyptian cotton sheets or down duvets. No beautiful patio to sip wine with a BBQ, There is a small outdoor disgusting smoking area the size of a closet which also is an entrance to a room filled with bunk beds that are filthy, there was dirty underwear, garbage and a nice big stack of quilts, we really hoped ours was not stored in there as the door to the room was open the entire night. Our room was dirty, the bathroom had so much mould on curtains and walls of the shower we were too scared to use it. There were also exposed nails in the tub! This is a hostel so don't be fooled. This place is for college students nothing else. We could not get out fast enough!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Squishness

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Will definetely go back, good atmosphere, clean, nice rooms, great help from the staff, great location, common facilities are spacious, great photos from the area all over the place, very nice pool and spa in a hotel right beside, breakfast ok, not too much to choose from, but nice stay in general.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Duncan is dead sound, and a great help. he knows the area and can give lots of advice! very accomodating to groups. Great Brekkie! a bit of a nuisance with the one bathroom per dorm, but i guess you dont visit lahinch for the bathrooms

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AbacaSean
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Had an absolutely brilliant time in west coast lodge. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Clean and spacious rooms with en suite and dry room for wetsuits. Great location would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2012

When I discovered we were only paying €20 per night for our dorm I wasn't expecting much from this place. Wow, I was wrong. The staff are really chilled and super friendly, they were perfectly happy to just have a chat with you. Breakfast was great, loads of choice! The kitchen was really well equipped and had all the condiments you could possibly need in the cupboard. There was a dry room for wetsuits, a washing line and board storage. The lodge itself is all of 20 metres from centra, the sea and the main street. The lounge upstairs has TV AND a wii AND a computer with free internet. It was by far the best value for money I think I have ever gotten. The staff really make the place though. Like a home away from home. I am already planning my next trip to Lahinch! I came in a mixed group of friends and as students it was absolutely ideal for us. I would also highly reccomend Bens Surf Clinic if you are going to Lahinch to surf. We had two instructors, Ben and Ritchie and they were both great! My surfing has really come on and now I feel absolutely addicted to surfing. Would just like to say thank you to all the guys who made our trip so good! We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Just home from a 3 night stay in West Coast Lodge in Lahinch with my 6 year old daughter. Fantastic location and base for great days out. Friendly and helpful staff who couldnt do enough to assist you, checked opening times etc for local attractions.
The place was warm, clean and comfortable. Our room (11) included a double bed and single bed and a ample sized ensuite. The beds i have to say were comfortable and the quality of the bedding was hotel standard.
I will definitly return to stay with my daughter and have no hesitation in recommending it to my friends for value, location, cleanliness and wonderful staff.
Cant wait to plan our next trip to lahinch! missing the waves and beds already :) !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just back from Lahinch where my twelve year old grandson attended a surfing summer camp I was the only member of the family free to accompany him. What a brilliant week we had!. We could not have chosen a better place to stay than the lodge! Our room (No 2, recently redecorated?) was attractive, convenient, quite large for the two of us and spotless. The beds and bedding were extremely comfortable.The bathroom not only had a power shower but a bath as well! Bliss! I have stayed in many B&B and guest houses in Ireland and abroad but i must say that the lodge was one of the best and excellent value for money. The continental breakfast laid out in a charming dining room simplified life and the practical and well equipped kitchen enabled me to give my surfer some home cooked food. He particularly enjoyed relaxing in the lounge with the playstation and the company of other young people. I was lucky to snatch one sunny evening on the roof terrace with a drink and my book The lodge is in a good location with everything within a short walk. The only problem might be parking but we were lucky throughout the week!.Unlike some reviewers I found the lodge very quiet ( no rowdy parties during our stay), very clean, very well organized and managed. The staff was most pleasant. Well done Duncan and your team! I am sure that, in time, even the outside showers for surfers will improve!! i would definitely stay again and will bring my husband... . Au revoir and all the best. Joelle and Conor.

Room Tip: Room 2 was excellent for anyone wanting a double and a single bed.