“peaceful and relaxing stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Dromoland

The Inn at Dromoland
offaly, Ireland
“peaceful and relaxing stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

very friendly staff, welcoming and helpful. the rooms were big and well heated with tv and coffee making facilities. the hotel is excellently located close to the dromoland castle grounds which is a lovely walk from the hotel. there is a golf coarse located beside the hotel and it is only 10 mins from ennis using the new motorway but at the same time it is very tranquil. there are so many positives about this hotel i couldn't pick one on its own and there were no negitive points what so ever.
this hotel is well suited for family holidays but it would suit any stay. taxi's are readily available to and from ennis and are relitively cheap too for those who would like the night life of a busy town and the comfort of staying in the countryside.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
clarebelle, General Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Thank you very much for your lovely review of your recent stay at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Clare Inn Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Patrick Kilbane,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

This was my second stay at the hotel and we stayed here for a feis that was going on in the hotel. The hotel is located in a lovely, open area. You would really need a car to get around though, it really isn't in walking distance to anything. It is a quiet hotel with EXCELLENT and courteous staff. I love the way the windows open so wide to allow a fresh breeze in the room. The rooms are clean (the hotel is a bit dated in look) but it is cozy. The beds are comfortable and clean. We had breakfast in the hotel and it was average as well as the food in the restaurant. I would definitely stay here again. I had forgotten my mobile phone charger in my room after check out. When I remembered, I asked the woman at reception if they had found the charger. She quickly rang the housekeeping staff to inquire. Within 10 minutes the woman at reception found me in the middle of a busy feis with my mobile phone charger. Wonderful customer service.
Just a warning to elderly or disabled guests. The walk down to the rooms could be quite tiring as the hallways are long and some rooms are set very far back. Be sure to ask for a room as close to reception as possible or you will be in for a walk!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of the Clare Inn Hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and a huge thank you for the compliment to our staff. It is lovely for them to read compliments like that.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you at the Clare Inn Hotel for your next feis at our hotel.

Kind Regards,

Patrick Kilbane,
Kildare, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

We ended up staying there over a public holiday weekend at the beginning of May 2010 because we needed somewhere near Ennis and other than Dromoland Castle there wasn't much choice. We booked a family room for ouselves and 3 children under 6. The only positive thing I can say is that the room was spacious. Otherwise - for the price we paid - which given the date of our stay was very high it was so not worth the amount we paid. The bath didn't drain, the flow from the shower was terrible - and wasn't fixed despite several requests, the room was very tatty and tired, the pool gave me the shivers and I couldn't get the kids out quick enough terrified of what they might pick up. As it was a holiday weekend the hotel was over-run with kids racing around all day and night. I don't have a problem with day-time but I hate seeing the bars full with parents while kids and toddlers hang around the lobby and games room after midnight. I didn't expect a luxury hotel but it was worse than I expected. Maybe if I had got the room at a bargain price I would have a different attitude but we paid a lot for very little.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Alwayshopeful43
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

Without exception, most welcoming and helpful staff in a warm and friendly ambience, wonderful quality food and excellent service.
Fine big room, nicely furnished, warm and comfortable.
Good well-equipped leisure centre and gymnasium.
Excellent rural location with commanding views near M18 motorway interchange, set in spacious grounds with ample carparking.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Cork
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

Reminded me of going to a certain hotel in Kerry with my parents in the early 80's.The place needs a massive revamp,i suppose to some the place up in one word.....RETRO

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hoggy30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket-on-Fergus
The Old Ground
#1 of 2 in Bunratty
Falls Hotel & Spa
Falls Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Ennistymon

Been to The Inn at Dromoland? Share your experiences!