“Value for money”

The Inn at Dromoland
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times with the family as a break away from home & my kids love the place… kids club… crazy golf … pitch & put as well as the leisure centre. Each time I've stayed I've found the staff to be excellent & customer driven.
There is also a makeover in parts of the hotel which is good to see but I think the bar could do with it as its starting to look a bit old! I will visit again… keep it up!

• Stayed: July 2013
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Decthered,

Dear AnnF,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us at The Inn at Dromoland. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have plans to do some refurbishment work to the bar towards the end of this year.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future,

There are newer reviews for The Inn at Dromoland

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am just home after my 3rd visit to the Inn at Dromoland. I return there because of the excellent value for money and the friendliness of the staff and the wonderful hospitality offered to their guests. I was with my aunt who is now in her 85th year and she fell in love with the Inn also. Yes it is very family orientiated and they welcome children in a big way , but saying that they also have a full programme to amuse them. They do run around but is not that what kids do.

All the staff are trained to greet you but when you are in the dining room make sure you meet with Maureen she is a gem.

Hope to return again sometime on route to my annual visit to my home county of Kerry.

Enjoy your stay if you choose to go.

Jean O'Leary

Room Tip: Ground floor facing to the front. I requested ground floor this year and got it BUT it faced a cour...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear DublinAthlone,

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed for one night and were given one of the newly renovated rooms which was superb.
We had a dinner, bed and breakfast package for €100 for 2 on a Sunday night mid July which was a reasonable price, however, the evening meal was of very poor quality and mass produced hotel food. They had no choice of good wines and anything they had on offer (at €19.50 and €20.50 per bottle) could be bought abroad for €1.99 per bottle, dreadful stuff! I didn't visit the bar but my husband said that the service was ok and was a typical hotel bar and prices. The hotel seems to have had a "gloss over", new carpets here and there but holes in the floors underneath. If you have any walking problems - watch your step! This is really a family hotel and ideal for children but if you're looking for a nice relaxing break forget it. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and better than most hotels of a higher grade.
All in all, as I said, you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank beegeeIreland

Dear beegeeireland,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us at The Inn at Dromoland. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. With regard to your comments about our wine list - we did think we didnt have a varied selection on our wine menu and as a result we have just launched a new menu on Monday with prices starting at €15.95

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Room - Very dated, furnishings at least 20 years old, TV is actually a 13 inch tube (should be in a museum). The accumulation of the toilet running, kids running around the halls and very audible voices until late in the evening ruined my wife's night sleep. At our request we were moved on the 2nd night to the 3rd floor. It was better, and at least quieter, but still not good. No ventilation, muggy.

Pub - we went down to listen to some Irish music and were pleased to hear two Irishman singing a Celtic tune. That did not last long, it was followed my Kenny Rogers "You got to know when to hold 'em" and then "Lean on Me".We left.

Staff - a real plus, friendly, helpful and patient. However as good as they are they cannot over come the rest

In summary ... Stay somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark O

Dear Mark O,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at The Inn at Dromoland. I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding the issues you had while you were here.

I would be grateful if you could contact me on claire.coughlan@theinnatdromoland.ie

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We booked this hotel specifically for the children's activities, and we were not disappointed. From the minute we arrived there was something to keep our two aged 6 and 4 occupied, excellent indoor play centre, swimming pool (children's area pretty small), kids club (3 euro) which have a range of activities that change every day, face painting and balloon art in the evening followed by the magic show one night and pirate disco another night.
There is also a well equipped games room for the older kids, and a family room with fridge, microwave and ironing boards .
We had all our meals in the hotel and the food was excellent, well presented and no delays. We stayed midweek and there were plenty of staff on duty.
There can be queues for the buffet at breakfast time, same as any other very busy hotel, but for no more than a couple of minutes.

Yes some areas of the hotel look a bit tired and dated, and yes there are a lot of children staying at the hotel so it can be noisy.

If you are looking for a quiet weekend away this may not be the hotel for you.
If you are looking for 5star luxury this may not be the hotel for you.

If you are looking for a place with a big family room, where the kids have so much entertainment you don't have to leave the hotel grounds, helpful staff and food to suit everyone's taste,
then this might be the hotel for you.

We will definitely be returning and would recommend to anyone with young kids.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mariehurley h

Dear mariehurley H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us at The Inn at Dromoland. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you posting such a concise and informative review.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Enjoyed our stay,only sorry our stay was short. Our room was newly refurbished, beautiful with a walk in shower. A big improvement ,from our previous vist ,when it was the Clare Inn.
Sunday lunch,was excellent with a great choice of Menu.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa D
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very satisfactory service at this hotel, very child friendly which was perfect for me travelling with 3 children under 4! Family kitchen was a great addition & proved very useful. One waiter,Izat,in particular was very good with the children & was more than accommodating when one of my children was sick as a result of the heat we experienced while travelling. I'll definitely be back again for a family holiday & would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Since travelling with young children we went with interconnecting bedrooms which proved to be great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PJ T

Dear PJ T,

Dear AnnF,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us at The Inn at Dromoland. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our staff member Izat - it is lovely to hear feedback about our team.

Deputy Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket-on-Fergus
The Oakwood Hotel
The Old Ground
The Old Ground
#1 of 9 in Ennis
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick

Been to The Inn at Dromoland? Share your experiences!