Hotel was fine, standard room, kids facilities were very good, very large play area up the back.
The food service was a totally different story.....
6 of us stayed and went down for our dinner on the first night and were met by a q of people waiting, 1 woman from near the front of the q stormed off telling everyone she was 20 minutes standing there in a restaurant with only a few tables full. We said we'd hang on a few minutes because we had a hungry 1 year old with us. More people were leaving their tables as we were queuing and all very angry.
25 minutes later we were seated in a restaurant with with i'd guess from memory 150 capacity and 30 people in it. We must have been passed by 40 times before we finally got our menus, another 20 minutes later without any apology we managed to order food, we asked for the baby's to be brought as quickly as possible. After nearly 45 minutes starters arrived, no sign of the baby's food. took us from leaving our room to getting starters a crazy 2 hours 10 minutes.
One server mentioned when i asked that they were very busy in the bar for food and that was the delay. By this time though whatever football match that was on had finished and the service turned to the opposite, our main courses were thrown onto our table before anyone had finished starters, and still no sign of the baby's food, she ended up eating some of my food and was full before her food eventually came with the desserts.
There was no manager there to talk to but i decided to email reception and ask for it to be forwarded to the GM when her was in.
PATRICK KILBANE, the GM replied to me the next day after we had left with a 10 word reply and actually offer no answers or no apology either for what was the worst food experience i've ever had. 3 and 1/2 hours wasted on a bit of dinner, we should have listened to the people that were leaving after waiting for too long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 450 acres of wooded countryside, The Inn at Dromoland features a fully equipped health & fitness club, an indoor swimming pool and newly refurbished rooms overlooking the Shannon Estuary. There is free private parking and the hotel is just 10 minutes from Shannon Airport. It is situated on the renowned Dromoland Estate and is part of the Dromoland Castle family. A range of Clare attractions are located nearby including the Dromoland Estate as well as Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Craggaunowen and Ennis town. We invite you to explore our extensive range of special offers which range from Midweek and Weekend Breaks, Family Breaks and Luxury Package Breaks.The team at The Inn at Dromoland look forward to welcoming you and ensuring you have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Inn at Dromoland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clare Inn Hotel And Suites
- Clare Hotel Newmarket-On-Fergus
- The Inn At Dromoland Ireland/Newmarket-On-Fergus