The Inn at Dromoland
Dromoland Castle Hotel(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,375 results
All reviewscrazy golfgames roomgastro pubswimming poolmini golffamily roomkids clubfamily breakfamily friendly hotelfood was lovelybar foodleisure centretennis courtsgolf courseboth nightswould highly recommend this hoteltop class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have used the Clare Inn for many years when we visit County Clare. The staff are fantastic and always willing to help. Special praise for Maureen in the dining room, she is wonderful. The food is better than most hotels we have stayed in, good variety and good value. The rooms are a little tired with a few minor maintenance issues but we understand it is due to undergo a refurbishment soon. We would definitely recommend the Clare inn and hope to be back there again soon.

Room Tip: For those with mobility issues it is best to have a ground floor room as the one lift is at the far end of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Jim O,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are planning some refurbishment in the coming months so hopefully we will see you back at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

we stayed for 3 nights in august. very dubious about staying after reading all the reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised. when we arrived the first thing we noticed was the lock on the door was broke so anyone could have walked into our room, but as we noticed this straight away i informed a member of staff. i thought we would be sitting around all day waiting to get it fixed, but within 5 mins the lock was replaced. very impressed. The staff are all very polite and kind. My 2 children aged 7 and 10 both attended the kids club, which we thought was brill very secure and any problems the staff would ring you. swimming pool is ok and tennis courts are good. Both restaurants were lovely couldn't fault the food. Crazy golf i think was a big let down, think it could do with a bit of a revamp..... ! Disco time in the evenings very good kids thoroughly enjoyed, and the magic show. Unfortunately my husband was sick the whole time we were there, nothing to do with the hotel we were just very unfortunate. We will definitely be going back !

Room Tip: we were on the ground floor. room 148
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mellyj1982

Dear mellyj1982,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night while attending a wedding in the hotel. We were in room 212 which over looked the rooftop which there was no view from.
All we wanted was a place to sleep and have a shower the next morning. We checked into the room just to leave the bags in and everything seemed to be ok.
We got to bed the early hours of the morning and found it hard to sleep with the noise from a boiler or heating from outside the bedroom window.
When I tried to take a shower the next morning there was only a trickle of water from the hot tap no pressure whatsoever. Which left us with either no shower or a cold one. Once the shower was running the bath started to fill up with water and took ages to drain back out . The same thing happened with the sink.
When we turned on the tv the remote control was not working so had to change the channels manually.
Also the phone rang 5 different times and each time the person on the other end could not hear us talking.
We complained the next morning at reception and all she could say to us was "Do you want me to get the manager? " . We did not speak to the manager but we just wanted to let you know the room was unsatisfactory for the price we payed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Louise N,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am extremely disappointed to read your review and to note your comments regarding your room. We have rectified the issues you raised following your stay in Room 212. I apologise for the standards you experienced and had we realised sooner we would have been able to move you to a different room.

Thank you for posting your review.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed in the Clarte Inn in August for 3 nights. I hadn't stayed there before and was a bit dubious when I read the reviews. The Hotel caters admirably for families as far as I could see (I don't have kids so this was just an observation! I was there with 3 elderly relatives, so I think there could be much more for the children in the background so to speak) There's a big games room, pitch & putt, crazy golf, tennis, swimming pool and Golf. The Hotel does it's best to ensure that guests without kids have a relaxing time too with plenty of sofas / chairs in the lobby area and sun room and the swimming pool has adult only times. They also have signs up everywhere asking parents to supervise the kids and not allow them to run on the corridors etc.. However the majority of the parent that were there when I was ignored all this and the kids were allowed to run riot and scream & shout to their hearts content!! I got a head in my stomach many times walking around corners!!! (Can't blame the hotel for that, just parents who don't have respect for others)
The staff were great from start to finish, certainly could not fault their friendliness and efficiency.
The Hotel itself is looking a bit tired and shabby but I believe from signs that they are refurbishing, so hopefully the creaky floorboards, missing toilet roll holders etc will be fixed with that.
My only real issue was with the dinner menu. We were on a 3 B&B / 3 Dinner package (which was very reasonable) but the menu was exactly the same each of the three nights! It was difficult enough to get a variety for 3 nights without paying supplements etc,if I was there for any longer I think I would have had to complain! But again the waiting staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The food itself was excellent, just need to work on the variety! The breakfasts were great, maybe though, for the number of people that can be accommodated in the dining room, another 1 or 2 toasters wouldn't go astray!!
I would have no problem going back to stay now but will certainly go back when the refurbishments are done.

Room Tip: Certainly before Refurbishments are done, get a room on the top floor so you're not disturbed by footsteps overhead!! We had 2 interconnecting rooms which was great
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear stargazer1167,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comments regarding the dinner menu selection and this is something that we are working on for the Mid Term Break in October. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. It was a lovely break the hotel was under going renovations painting etc but this did not upset us in any way and plenty of notices advising patrons of this. Room was clean, airy and spacious, great value for the money.Our room was one of the original rooms as we stayed there in 1969!!!! Food was excellent at dinner and bar food was very good. Breakfast was a bit of a let dowm with cooked food cold at times and sausages were deep fried and of a poor quality. With a bit of thought the breakfast could be better. Staff were very helpful and friendly and we will return.

Room Tip: Rooms at front have a lovely view and ours on 2nd floor at front was lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Bawnogue,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comments regarding the breakfast - I will speak to our head chef on this to get this rectified.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.