“Week-End Break”

The Inn at Dromoland
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed in Clare Inn at the beginning of April '12. Nice hotel, with friendly staff although the night we stayed there was a row in a room nearby which went on until 5.30am which should have been dealt with by night staff. Nice food in restaurant although Saturday night entertainment not the greatest in the bar. The hotel is mid way between Ennis and Dromoland Castle. Theres no better way to spend a sunny Sunday Afternoon than sitting outside Dirty Nellys pub people watchin. Dont bother going to Shannon as there's nothing in it....

Room Tip: Ask for a front room with view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dear BrendanCarlow,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologise for the disturbance in the room next to you and I have passed this on to our night team to ensure future incidents are dealt with.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

just back home from clare inn great weekend thanks to all the lovely staff , nothing was too much trouble even though it was very busy, food lovely and drink very reasonable priced ,children were well entertained so we adults could really relax will return in near future thanks again to all the wonderful staff imelda room 345

Room Tip: less noise on top floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KildareAlex

Dear KildareAlex,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed March 20, 2012

just returned from paddys w/end in THE CLARE INN and have to say it is the best family friendly hotel i have ever stayed in , in ireland . The staff are extremely helpful and always happy to help , the rooms are spotlessly clean and the food and service was superb there was endless things for the kids to do tennis, playground , bouncy castle, crazy golf ,adventure den, face painting arts & crafts and even a show on the Sunday evening as well as the hotel swimming pool the kids were always able to do something different and a atari games room with pool table, air hockie and lots of games. the children were never short of something to do and if you go round the back of the hotel there is an walkway entrance into the grounds of Dromoland castle were we all had a lovely walk to the castle and enjoyed the grounds were we seen eagles , rabbits and lots more wildlife. A must stay for any family looking to take the kids somewhere nice that wont break the BANK ...WE WILL DEFO BE BACK

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear dela10Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay here at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my colleagues.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed here early March with hubbie & four year old son. Room had a double and 3 single beds. Had dinner and breakfast in hotel - both fine. Hotel very busy. Girl in Kids Club very friendly - but they could do with some new toys! The pool is tiny!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear IrishA,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay here at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel. Thank you for your commetn relating to the kids club we will hopefully have new toys and equipment in the coming months.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed here with family members and friends, it was a relaxing stay made special by the helpful staff. Good location easy access, decor could be given a facelift otherwise no complaints. The food and entertainment were first class.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have less noise from road
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Louise G

Dear Louise G,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay here at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about the food and entertainment I will ensure to pass them on to the relevant departments.

I hope we will see you back at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Easy to locate - being just off the main road, but far enough away not to be troubled by traffic noise. Set on a hill, the hotel has an imposing presence, but once through the glass fronted lobby, the atmosphere was instantly welcoming. Spacious but not scary. Our room was on the second floor - which I think was the top floor. Big room with great views. Neither spanking new nor creakingly old, everything was clean and well decorated. Corridors were long, and although there were signs - I'm sure If I was a child, I couldn't resist running.... The place was quite family orientated - it had a dedicated 'games room' as well as a kitchenette somewhere for very basic self catering. As a couple taking a break in February, we spent much of the evening in the leisure centre - pool, steam, sauna and spa bath - and a plunge pool, which you don't see very often.. We had dinner after, and everything was delicious yet served in a very homely manner. There was a great choice for breakfast the next morning and again, nothing seemed too much trouble for the capable staff. In fact my one and only complaint was that the bath plug didn't fit properly! I would recommend the Clare Inn - particularly for families.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear teresamullingar099

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments I will ensure that they are passed on to the relevant departments.

I have noted your comment about the bath plug and I have spoken to our accommodation manager to ensure that this issue is rectified.

I hope we will see you back at the hotel in the future,

Kind Regards.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel about 5 times in the last six months. While it is not the closest hotel to the airport (about a 10-15 minute drive), it is in an incredibly quiet location off the highway—and the price for the room cannot be beat—you won’t find any other hotel that is less expensive. The rooms are nice and clean. The food in the bar is average, but the service has always been very good. There is a great leisure center too—so bring your swimsuit. The reception has always been welcoming. The only thing I would caution you about is this: if you are traveling as a couple in the summer months, and are looking for a romantic and quiet stay--I would be leery about staying here. The few times I was in during the summer, the place was overrun with kids everywhere--including in the bar, in the hallways, and there was little parental supervision. This was the only downside. However, when school is in session, the hotel has been much more quiet and enjoyable.

Room Tip: This is a HUGE hotel...so if you don't want to walk far to get to your room, I would ask for a r...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greyhoundymom

Dear greyhoundymom,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have also noted your comments about the hotel in times of school holidays etc and it does tend to be that bit busier when the kids are off school. However please dont let that deter you from coming to the hotel during these months we do have rooms on the 3rd floor we try to reserve for our couples and business guests and ensure we can give you a nice quiet room.

Sales and Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket-on-Fergus
Dromoland Castle Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bunratty
Hotel Woodstock
Hotel Woodstock
#2 of 9 in Ennis

Been to The Inn at Dromoland? Share your experiences!