The Inn at Dromoland
Dromoland Castle Hotel(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,375 results
All reviewscrazy golfgames roomgastro pubswimming poolmini golffamily roomkids clubfamily breakfamily friendly hotelfood was lovelybar foodleisure centretennis courtsgolf courseboth nightswould highly recommend this hoteltop class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed here with family members and friends, it was a relaxing stay made special by the helpful staff. Good location easy access, decor could be given a facelift otherwise no complaints. The food and entertainment were first class.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have less noise from road
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Louise G
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear Louise G,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay here at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about the food and entertainment I will ensure to pass them on to the relevant departments.

I hope we will see you back at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Easy to locate - being just off the main road, but far enough away not to be troubled by traffic noise. Set on a hill, the hotel has an imposing presence, but once through the glass fronted lobby, the atmosphere was instantly welcoming. Spacious but not scary. Our room was on the second floor - which I think was the top floor. Big room with great views. Neither spanking new nor creakingly old, everything was clean and well decorated. Corridors were long, and although there were signs - I'm sure If I was a child, I couldn't resist running.... The place was quite family orientated - it had a dedicated 'games room' as well as a kitchenette somewhere for very basic self catering. As a couple taking a break in February, we spent much of the evening in the leisure centre - pool, steam, sauna and spa bath - and a plunge pool, which you don't see very often.. We had dinner after, and everything was delicious yet served in a very homely manner. There was a great choice for breakfast the next morning and again, nothing seemed too much trouble for the capable staff. In fact my one and only complaint was that the bath plug didn't fit properly! I would recommend the Clare Inn - particularly for families.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear teresamullingar099

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments I will ensure that they are passed on to the relevant departments.

I have noted your comment about the bath plug and I have spoken to our accommodation manager to ensure that this issue is rectified.

I hope we will see you back at the hotel in the future,

Kind Regards.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel about 5 times in the last six months. While it is not the closest hotel to the airport (about a 10-15 minute drive), it is in an incredibly quiet location off the highway—and the price for the room cannot be beat—you won’t find any other hotel that is less expensive. The rooms are nice and clean. The food in the bar is average, but the service has always been very good. There is a great leisure center too—so bring your swimsuit. The reception has always been welcoming. The only thing I would caution you about is this: if you are traveling as a couple in the summer months, and are looking for a romantic and quiet stay--I would be leery about staying here. The few times I was in during the summer, the place was overrun with kids everywhere--including in the bar, in the hallways, and there was little parental supervision. This was the only downside. However, when school is in session, the hotel has been much more quiet and enjoyable.

Room Tip: This is a HUGE hotel...so if you don't want to walk far to get to your room, I would ask for a room on the first floor, near reception. Otherwise, you might have to walk quite a bit to get to your room--and when you are tired from a long day of traveling, or will be going back and forth from the bar to your room, this little tip could prove to be very helpful!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greyhoundymom

Dear greyhoundymom,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have also noted your comments about the hotel in times of school holidays etc and it does tend to be that bit busier when the kids are off school. However please dont let that deter you from coming to the hotel during these months we do have rooms on the 3rd floor we try to reserve for our couples and business guests and ensure we can give you a nice quiet room.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Myself and my three friends stayed here. It is true to say the hotel could do with a bit of a face lift as it is quite dated, but other than this, I really could not fault this place for value, efficiency of staff and above all the most friendly bunch of staff we have ever come across! We bought a voucher off Pigsback Deals and had a dinner included. The evening dinner we had was yummy and served by the nicest waitrss ( Virginia) .. who looked after us and gave us tips on local places. The following day at breakfast she was there again and even offered us to bring some breakfast back to the room for two of our friends who didnt make it down on time ( Where else would you get that serice?). Also at dinner, a wine we chose was not available so the bar man offered the next best wine at the price of the original wine we chose, which we felt was very decent. Overall, a great stay at The Clare Inn. Do be prepared though, if family holidays aren't your thing, think twice about here as it is very much a family orientated place. Thanks again Clare Inn, we enjoyed our stay - Emma, Ashling, Noelle, Lorna :-)

Room Tip: Around 5 mins - 7mins from Ennis, great staff, great food.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Emsy1185

Dear Emsy1185,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at the Clare Inn Hotel. Thank yuo for your kind words and comments in your review. I have passed on your comments to the relevant departments,

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We stayed on Sunday night and there was an Irish dancing competition in progress which added a bit of colour to our visit. The hotel is ideally located, very close to Bunratty Castle, Shannon Airport and the large town of Ennis. Staff were very friendly and efficient and couldn't do enough to make our stay more enjoyable. Comfortable, excellent sized bedroom with tea and coffee making facilities but no air conditioning. Nice bathroom with bath and a good shower. Large free car park. We had our evening meal in the restaurant and it was superb. It was great to see a hotel offering their wine menu at very reasonable prices. Excellent breakfast menu completed a thoroughly enjoyable stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmk89

Dear mmk89,

Thank you for your email for your recent stay at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future,