“Excellent value hotel with good food and staff”

The Inn at Dromoland
clonakilty
“Excellent value hotel with good food and staff”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We stayed on Sunday night and there was an Irish dancing competition in progress which added a bit of colour to our visit. The hotel is ideally located, very close to Bunratty Castle, Shannon Airport and the large town of Ennis. Staff were very friendly and efficient and couldn't do enough to make our stay more enjoyable. Comfortable, excellent sized bedroom with tea and coffee making facilities but no air conditioning. Nice bathroom with bath and a good shower. Large free car park. We had our evening meal in the restaurant and it was superb. It was great to see a hotel offering their wine menu at very reasonable prices. Excellent breakfast menu completed a thoroughly enjoyable stay. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mmk89
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear mmk89,

Thank you for your email for your recent stay at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future,

Sales and Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed January 25, 2012

To say that this hotel was a disappointment would be an extreme understatement. The hotel rooms were a disgrace. Looks as if the cleaning was carried out to a bare minimum. Under the beds and behind locker was filthy. Scum and hair in the bath from last occuptants. Taps were in need of a good clean. Television dod not wokr correctly, as the cable had to be wedged in. To be fair to management they tried to make amend but standards were no way where they should be. Very disappointing

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Noel044
Raheny, Ireland
Reviewed November 20, 2011

just returned from 4 day stay at clare inn hotel. bridge and bowling.we go on these breaks every year to different hotels and counties.this one has been the best one so far and we intend returning next year.management and staff could not do enough for us ,entertainment
was laid on all day.food was excellent.rooms very clean.all our friends in the bridge club will concur with this review michael okeeffe raheny

Room Tip: look for room near reception
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Dear Michael S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Clare Inn Hotel for the bridge and bowling event.

I am delighted to see that both you and your friends enjoyed your stay here. It was a pleasure to have you all.

Look forward to seeing you back at the Clare Inn Hotel next year.

Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Hotel room was clean but dated :(
Food for breakfast and Bar food has to be the worst i have ever had i would not stay here again unless they sacked all there kitchen staff breakfast room staff were room my friend asked for two eggs and was told no only aloud one now after paying dear enough for the breakfast to be told no was very annoying.

Room Tip: Room ok but food terrible so no point really booking
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jillian G
Dear Jillian G,

Firstly may I take the time to thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us here at the Clare Inn Hotel.

I can only apologise for the level of service you received while you were here and please let me assure you that this is not typical of the product or service we offer here at the Clare Inn Hotel.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further regarding your stay and would appreciate if you could contact me by emailing claire.coughlan@clareinnhotel.ie

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Stayed there with family, food was excellent, staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the only fault I would have is there was no air con in the room we stayed in.... Had to use the window at night, extremely kids friendly hotel too... Defo a must

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank DonShark
Dear DonShark,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of your stay with us at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed for one night only. Room was unbelievably awful. Curtains were hanging off the window - some of the hooks had fallen off and not fixed again. The 'throw' on the bed was a sorry sight - it was ripped at the edges and wadding all hanging out - it was ready for the bin a long time ago! I plugged in the kettle - the socket was obviously not working. I pulled out the plug and the whole socket nearly came off the wall - dangerous! I had to search for another plug and got one, but had to unplug a lamp and sit kettle on the floor - not convenient.
The bathroom.... well maybe best not go there.... ancient, grubby, yeuch! The ancient radiator had been 'patched' at a corner with some gunk,very badly, a long time ago and had been painted over. There was a large patch on carpet that looked wet - I didn't touch it, so maybe it was a stain. There are pipes along the walls - looks awful. I am glad I booked for one night only and opted for no breakfast - god knows what the kitchen would be like.... The staff were ok and I think were trying to look bright and breezy, but it didn't quite come off. This place needs to be completely renovated, but in this climate that won't happen. Don't book - even if you only want the basic comforts, as a pit stop.

Room Tip: I don't think there will be any good rooms!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Granuelle
Dear Granuelle,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Clare Inn Hotel. It is with both disappointment and dismay that I am reading your review and can I take the opportunity to apologise for the product you received while you were here with us.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further regarding your stay and would be greatful if you could contact me by email on claire.coughlan@clareinnhotel.ie

Shannon
Reviewed November 4, 2011

My sister and I and our 4 children would llike to say a very big thank you to Captain Jack and his team. We thoroughly enjoyed the childrens entertainment on Sunday night the 30th of October. I had been previously with my two and had a great night. Our 4 children on this occasion came out of the show totally happy and nicely exhausted from all the dancing and were delighted to have meet Tigger. They are asking when they can return. First class entertainment, children are aged 8,6 and 5 amd are already making plans amongst themselves for a return visit. Well done Captain Jack looking forward to returning to see your show again some time soon.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear ec08,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of your trip to the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that both yourselves and your kids enjoyed the Captain Jack Show. We pride ourselves on being able to offer the best activities and entertainment to all the kids that stay here and we feel the Captain Jack Show is up there with the best!!

Hopefully we will see you back over the Christmas.

Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket-on-Fergus
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
The Old Ground
The Old Ground
#1 of 9 in Ennis

Been to The Inn at Dromoland? Share your experiences!