“Don't waste your money!!!!”

The Inn at Dromoland
Dublin, Ireland
“Don't waste your money!!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I stayed here on a 2 night family break over the bank holiday weekend. We were not impressed at all. The hotel itself was dated and the rooms and bathroom were very small. Service in the restaurant was disgraceful food thrown at us it was like they wanted us in and out as quick as possible. Food was average. No atmosphere in the bar. Kids hated the kids club - it is run by teenagers who have no interest in kids whatsover. They take no responsibility for them as in you dont sign them in or out but they can come and go as they please so the kids can just wander off by themselves. I even heard kids being shouted at by girls who run the kids club which is no way to deal with children. Pool wasn't great either very small and the changing rooms weren't in a great condition. Very noisy at night can hear kids crying in the next room in the middle of the night. Overall I was very disappointed and will tell all my friends not to waste their money as there are far nicer hotels for similar price.

2 Thank LucyB82
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Dear LucyB82,

I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay and I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you directly regarding your stay. I would appreciate if you could contact me on claire.coughlan@clareinnhotel.ie

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 1, 2011

having just returned from a 3 night stay in the clare inn i have to say our visit was very disappointing. we were first allocated room 332, it was so far away from reception with a small child, the room itself was in need of a complete update, dirty walls and very cramped, we then changed to room 207 which was a bit handier to get to the swimming pool. again the swimming pool left alot to be desired, pool was cold, tiny childrens section, sand (i tink) at the bottom of the jacuzz, the changing room and showers were very wet and very small with no hot water to take a shower. the staff in the dining area were very nice but the receptionist gave us the wrong directions to a nearby restaurant where we were due to meet people at a certain time, thus making us late. overall it is such a shame that its hasnt been updated, i would certainly not reccommend tis hotel or
not stay in it again......

1 Thank sinnolan
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear sinnolan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I notice your comments regarding the first bedroom you checked into and I have mentioned it to accommodation to get these issues rectifited. We are in the process of refurbshing our bedrooms and it is a gradual process so some of the bedrooms have not been completed yet.
I have also spoken to the leisure centre manager regarding your feedback on the centre itself and have informed her of the urgency to get these issues fixed and addressed immediately.
I apologise about the receptionist giving you bad directions - all our girls here are local and should be aware of all local restaurants and attractions so I am disappointed to see this.

I would like to thank you for your feedback as it is only through this that we can address and rectify the issues you have raised.

Claire Coughlan
Sales & Marketing Manager.
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed August 1, 2011

i got the job of booking our holiday this year for myself, my husband our 3 kids and my 2 sisters and there familys... im nervous now after reading the reviews. i booked a family room but does anyone krow if the executive rooms are auctually bigger with bags buggys etc..???. we are staying for 3 nights from the 6th of aug so to late to book else where.... fingers crossed my sisters will like it an for big spaceous rooms:-/

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear ryanaroo,

I have just read your email. If you would like to email me on claire.coughlan@clareinnhotel.ie I can check on your booking for you and advise you of what has bee booked.

Regards,
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We had a 50th wedding anniversay party in the Clare Inn. From the point we started to organize the event we were provided with excellent, professional experience. They assisted us in having a Mass and dinner with music for over 100 people. The food was exceptional and was supported by staff who were very friendly and helpful. It was great to have a hotel who could accomodate 4 young kids with their parents all in the one room. There were external activities tennis, play area, crazy golf and indoor play area & swimming area for all to enjoy over the two days. I would recommend the Clare Inn to any family who wants to have a relaxing, enjoyable and friendly holiday without having to leave the hotel.

Dear FJB_1969,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration here at the Clare Inn Hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you all here at the hotel and I am thrilled to see you all enjoyed yourself.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Excellent hotel for families, stayed for 3 nights and we where made feel so welcome.I have been going to hotels for many many years but have never came across staff as friendly as the Clare inn .Everyone of them had great time for the kids.could not find one fault with our stay.

Dear marie 186638,

Thak you for taking the time to post your comment on your recent stay at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, It is great for me to show these comments to the staff.

Im delighted to see that you will come back to the hotel in the future - we look forward to having you,

Clane, Ireland
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Me and my girlfriend and son stayed here and i don't know why they are getting so many bad reviews we were given a lovely room which was clean and tidy maybe a few rusty screws on the towel rail and shower rail that's it the kids club was excellent the only downside was the food it isn't great and its a bit pricey for the quality all in all its a nice place with plenty of things to do

Dear john 12345069,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am pleased to see you were happy with your stay with us.

I am disappointed to see that you didnt enjoy the food here at the hotel and I will pass on your comments to both the Head Chef and the General Manager,

I hope this wont deter you from coming back to the hotel again in the future.

Claire Coughlan
Sales & Marketing Manager.
Meath, Ireland
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We enjoyed this hotel enough--the playground was not fantastic, the pool was nice but it is in a good location to discover the area, Bunratty Castle and Craiginowen (spelling?) are a must see. the family room was a little cramped with too many beds but was clean and comfortable. The food was good but they did charge extra for our childrens miserable breakfast of 1 weetabix

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear shenn09,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay here at the Clare Inn Hotel.

I am pleased that for the most part you enjoyed your stay and that you got to see so many of the wonderful tourist attractions that are so close to the hotel.
I am glad you were happy with the cleanliness of the bedroom and also the standard of food in the hotel.

I hope you will come back to the hotel in the future.

Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket-on-Fergus
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Hotel Woodstock
#2 of 9 in Ennis
Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick

Been to The Inn at Dromoland? Share your experiences!