“An excellent break for parents with young children”

The Inn at Dromoland
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The food was lovely the room was spacious, the staff were very helpful particularly on reception.
The setting is wonderful. lots of things to see and do nearby such as Craiganouwen, the caves, horse riding.
There were loads of activities in the hotel to keep the children happy -the swimming pool, games room, activities club and the playground which also has crazy golf.and a tennis court.
It was also great valure for money
Music in the bar both nights we were there
Would love to go back there again over the Summer

Room Tip: if you have small children try and get a room on
1  Thank patsy1tullamore
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Dear patsy1tullamore,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us here at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and also that your kids were kept occupied and happy throughout your stay.

We do have plenty of special offers on for the Summer with the kids club and captain jack show as well. We would love to see you back at the hotel over the Summer.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Staff at reception and the restaurant were very friendly and efficient. However the hotel itself is tired, worn and in need refurbishment. These are just a few of our observations from a one night stay:
..Bedroom carpet: worn, badly stained and dirty. Glad I brought my slippers!
..Curtains: hanging off windows, reminiscent of 70s style (looked like they had been since then!)
..Bedside lamp (only 1!): did not work, further investigation proved that the sockets were faulty
..Smoke alarm had plastic bag wrapped aroud it, making it a fire hazard (the room had a smell of cigarrette smoke). We brought this to the attention on receptionist on our check-out.
Bathroom was grimey (shower worked well!)
..TV remote only worked close to the TV
All in all what you see on the website is not what you get!....Disappointing! We were only staying one night....thankfully!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Dear AnneDol,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased to see that you were happy with the staff and service you received at the hotel, however I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us and for this I can only apologise.
What you received is not the standard I expect our guests to be greeted with on their stay here. I have spoken to our accommodation manager and expressed the issues which you raised. I would be very greatful if you could perhaps email me with the room you stayed in so we can get these issues rectified immediately.
I am terribly sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay and if you were to email me on claire.coughlan@clareinnhotel.ie we could discuss it further.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed at this hotel as a couple for 1 night as we were attending a wedding in the locality. Staff were nice and friendly but the hotel itself needs a refurb, the golf course grass was not cut, the pitch and putt area needed a painting, the room itself was ok but the bathroom had mold on the walls. The room needed a painting too with chips of paint coming off the walls and skirting. What i also found odd was the walk from the reception to the lift, it was way down the hall past many rooms, a very long way to go for a lift when they are normally located by reception! Won't be staying at this hotel again except if it gets a refurb in the future. Also woke up the next morning by a delivery lorry outside the window delivering food to the kitchen.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank djannika

Dear djannika,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am happy to see that you were impressed by our staff here at the hotel. I have taken note of some of the issues you pointed out in your review.
At present the hotel is in the process of undergoing some refurbishment and there is a lot of painting currently in progress and unfortunately there are still bedrooms which are to be painted but these will all be completed in the coming weeks.
With regard to the golf course - unfortunately with the weather we have been having recently it has proved difficult to get out to cut the grass but all grass areas of the itch and putt course have been cut over the last few days and again this morning. The crazy golf area is also to be painted in the coming weeks.

I would love if you would be willing to come back to the hotel in the future to see the improvements and changes we are trying to put into the hotel.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

A very dissappointing stay. Similar to previous review dated May 2011 we had no remote control for the TV, even after numerous requests to hotel staff. But the worst was the lack of sleep with hoards of children let run riot up and down the hotel, we could hear them running laps, squealing, screaming, laughing and shouting unchecked till after 2 in the morning on both nights of our stay. There is no soundproofing on the door so drunken foul language was often heard during the early hours of the morning while the nearby vending machine was used, not very pleasant, especially when it awoke my children also. Room itself was shabby in appearance due to stained floor and tap which didn't just drip but flowed, and a glass water jug with a large chip that had me checking if the ice was really ice.
Obviously managers response to previous review was just hot air as absolutely no attempt had been made to rectify problem areas.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
2  Thank brennanjodi

Dear brennanjodi,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment regarding your recent stay at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am disappointed to see that you didnt enjoy your stay with us.

I apologise that there was no remote control in your room and I have spoken to the accommodation manager with regard to your issues. I would be very greatful if you could possibly email me and provide me with the room number you stayed in so I can get maintenance to address the problems immediately.

With regard to the children on the corridor we do aim to get kids to keep the noise to a minimum with signs up around the hotel for the parents and also a note on their welcome letter to respect other guests. We are looking into various different options for the summer to keep the noise levels as low as possible.

I really am sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay with us and if you would like to email me on claire.coughlan@clareinnhotel.ie we can discuss your stay further.

Claire Coughlan.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I booked this hotel as a treat for the children due to all the activities , we were taken back by the shabbyness of the hotel tired and grotty . Bringing the children to the pool area the floor to the pool area was filthy there were dirty nappies left near the pool , the so called activities didnt start until 6pm ,and when it did open was in a very small area which was over crowded, so we left . Our room was shabby and needed refurbishing tiles were dirty in the bathroom , bathroom floor tiles were grotty , i checked the bed which had a mattress covering a stained mattress , our room window latch was broken and as it was a ground floor room did not feel secure . We decided to check out , and were not even asked why we were checking out the same day we checked out 3 hours after arriving and also got charged for the childrens breakfast for the morning that we didnt stay for.The games room was filthy the car ride i put my son on was filthy, i am absolutely disgusted with the service of the hotel

1  Thank siobhanfGalway

Dear SiobhanfGalway,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your visit to the Clare Inn Hotel. I am terribly sorry to see that you not only did not receive the standard you should have but also that you left the hotel early.
I would like to just address a couple of issues which you raised in your review. Since your review was posted the Leisure Centre is now no longer run by Kingfisher it is now run by the hotel itself - this gives us more responsibility for the leisure centre to ensure that the standards you received are never experienced by any other guest at the hotel. The games room carpet has been taken up and is being replaced by a lino which will be more suitable for the room and the kids coming in to the games room.

With regard to your accommodation I have spoken to the accommodation manager regarding your review and expressed my upset that you received this standard of service. Would you mind emailing me the room number you checked into so I can get the maintenance man to deal with the issues immediately. My email address is claire.coughlan@clareinnhotel.ie. Maybe we can also go through some of the issues you had if you email me.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

After just returning from 2 nights stay, i can honestly say the staff at reception were very efficient and friendly, rooms were standard, clean and comfy, unfortunately no remote for the tv and the aerial did not work properly. Breakfast was a good variety and good value. The noise of a night time however was a real disapointment, with kids running up and down the corridors until all hours, even the sound of other guests returning to their rooms echoed through my room therefore I was unable to sleep properly, and being pregnant, all sleep i can get is important. However, this has not deterred me from staying again as location wise this hotel is in a excellent position. With a few improvements this hotel could be very nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemeoin
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2011

Dear Gemeoin,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay here at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am pleased to see that for the most part you did enjoy your stay with us but I have noted a few areas which you mentioned that need our attention,

I apologise for the noise on the corridors that you experienced while you stayed with us and we do try to control the volume of kids around the hotel but we will certainly be looking at this further to see if there is anything we can do about this.
I have also spoken to the Accommodation Manager regarding the remote control and tv not working to ensure this does not happen again.

I am glad to see that you would consider coming back to the hotel in the future and I hope if you do you will find that we have addressed the few issues you mentioned.

Claire Coughlan
Sales & Marketing Manager.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

its central to lot of destinations
situated in lovely location
rooms spotlessley clean

Room Tip: rooms comfortable, decorated to high standard,
  • Stayed: May 2011
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Dear Dessie123456,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Clare Inn Hotel. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to see you back here at the Clare Inn Hotel in the not too distant future.

Sales and Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket-on-Fergus
Dromoland Castle Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bunratty
Hotel Woodstock
Hotel Woodstock
#2 of 9 in Ennis

Been to The Inn at Dromoland? Share your experiences!