“Wonderful stay at the Castle!”

and 1 more site!
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely stay for two nights as part of our honeymoon trip from the states! After a lovely greeting when we drove up to the hotel we were upgraded to a beautiful suite. Dinner was fabulous in the fine dining restaurant as well as the clubhouse. The falcon walk and spa are not to be missed.

When when we left we promised we would be back soon. After we drove to Dublin we realized that we had left a priceless family heirloom bracelet in our room at the hotel. After phoning the hotel we had their confirmation that they had the bracelet within 15 minutes and it was secured in their safe. They kept it for us until the morning. Needless to say we returned more quickly than we thought. What a wonderful staff and resort!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy K
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Lucy K

Thank you for choosing Dromoland Castle as part of your honeymoon vacation to Ireland and indeed for your kind comments which I will be sure to pass on to all the team.

We were more than happy to have located and kept your bracelet safe until your return.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you both back again in the not too distant future.

Mark Nolan - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,598)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed here for a night last week and it was absolutely amazing! When we arrived we were told that we were upgraded from the State Room I booked to one of their nicest suites for free! Our car was valet parked, and we were helped with our bags and shown to our room. It was stunning. We had a view of the lake, a beautiful room, a gorgeous sitting room and very nice bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the room had wonderful perks! (Like a nightlight, simple, but a nice touch!) We had a very good 5 course dinner, and a wonderful nights sleep. The staff was friendly and welcoming. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: If you can afford to book a State Room or Suite, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer B

Dear JenB

Thank you for posting your lovely review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate you taking the time to let everybody know of your enjoyable stay with us.

I have passed on your comments to the team and we all very much look foward to welcoming you back to us soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We have stayed here four or five times over the years, but this was our first stay as a married couple. We bought a voucher for the stay on pigsback and it was a great deal. €200 for bed and breakfast, free bottle of wine in the dining room, chocolates on arrival and €20 off a Spa treatment.
The room was fab as always. Huge bathroom with heated towel rail and plenty of towels. Bottled water in the room on arrival and we got more at the turndown service later that evening.
We had tea and scones in the bar in the afternoon and watched the Falcon and his handler out on the lawn.
We had dinner in The Dining room that night and enjoyed our free bottle of wine! Dinner is €68 per person in the Dining room, expensive enough and not sure if it's worth that kind of money. You can also eat in the other seating areas of the hotel.
The best part of the stay is breakfast, food was fab!
Would definately book again!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Terrianne_10

Thank you for once again choosing to stay with us, we are always thrilled to see our repeat guests coming back to visit.

I am sorry to hear that you felt our award winning restaurant may not have been worth the cost, if you would like to contact me directly to elabourate I would be more than happy to welcome your further feedback.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We spent 4 wonderful nights in this magical castle, the service was five star, the food was excellent and whole experience was far better than we ever expected. We will certainly return. The sense of history surrounds you, yet there are still modern touches such as the serene Spa with it's up to date feel and services.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Pmcleans

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Dromoland and indeed for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future hopefully.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My only complaint is that we stayed one night and it's just not enough.
From the moment we pulled up to the time of departure this was a terrific experience. If you're on a budget holiday, it's not for you. However, if you can afford it at all, the cost justifies the level and quality of service provided.
The room was sumptuous, with state of the art communications (although the TV and internet worked better when one was off). The room was tastefully decorated, with large bathroom and plenty of towels.
There was no problem getting a nightcap and the breakfast was outstanding, with the main course freshly cooked.
The grounds are stupendous - just sorry I didn't have time to explore.
A real treat that I would like to repeat some day soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Tryanythingatall

A good complaint to have! We hope that you will stay longer next time, we run many special offers and there are great deals to be had, especially 'off season'. So keep an eye on our website or give us a call directly.

We look foward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed March 19, 2014

What a wonderful, exceptional place this is. I am truly grateful for the sterling and detailed reviews already posted here of Dromoland, they influenced me to book the very recent 3 night stay that I have just come back from.

Last Christmas, my husband said he had always wanted to stay in Dromoland Castle for his birthday but he thought we couldn't afford it, it would be difficult to book (his birthday is just after St Patrick's day) etc. I read reviews here and decided to make enquiries. The hotel could not have been more accommodating and helpful, allowing us to book in the day before Patrick's day and still allowing us to avail of the 3 night package, with no extra charge for the Sunday check in. I was back and forth about flowers in the room and then changed this to availing of the Hawk Walk (highly, highly recommend this, it was one of the highlights of our stay), and nothing seemed to be too much trouble to the very helpful and courteous Reservations staff.

While I had asked for a nice room, nothing prepared me or my delighted husband for the wonderful, spacious, luxurious room we were given on the fourth floor, with views overlooking the main lawns. Wow, this was fantastic, I couldn't believe it. And then to have a box of chocolates on the table for my husband (by the hotel, I had nothing to do with this) was a lovely touch. In the Earl of Thomond restaurant, on the night of my husband's birthday itself, we were given a fantastic table. I hadn't asked for one but we probably got the best table in the place.

As I mentioned, the Hawk Walk with Jim from the Dromoland School of Falconry was a highlight. My husband is big into wildlife and hill walking so walking a hawk and having him (TJ) feed from his glove was very special to him. For me, petting an owl was an experience I never expected to get and I was thrilled with this.

So many things stand out about our recent stay - the wonderful decoration of our room and the space, the amazingly comfortable bed, small but important things like a plentiful supply of sockets and hangers in our wardrobe. The food at breakfast and the choice is superb, French toast and buttermilk scones were highlights. The wonderful gourmet dinner with really great quality food. The ambience of the whole place with many paintings and the Gallery bar with the collection of dogs on the walls. We also used the leisure centre and went for a walk around the walled garden.

Like the title of my review says, everything about our stay was top notch, from the moment we checked in to checking out, staff were outstanding in their courtesy, friendliness and helpfulness. They are remarkable and truly a credit to Dromoland.

I will most definitely be returning, the next time for my birthday... and an Owl Evening!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cailte
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Cailte

Sincere thanks for the comprehensive review posted after your recent stay . I have passed your comments to the entire team, we are all thrilled you both enjoyed your husbands birthday celebration with us. And of course that you will be returing for your own birthday!

Thank you for choosing Dromoland for your special occasion celebrations, we look foward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and our two children spent a 3 night stay at Dromoland Castle and from the time we stepped out of the car until we checked out this was a really great experience. The staff are remarkable at delivering top class 5 star service and with a smile, nothing is a problem. The food was exceptional as was the room and also the grounds. The kids had a ball as there are so many activities to keep them and us as a family occupied. This is one hotel we will be returning to until then I will cherish the memory and the experience. Amazing!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jogDublin
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear JogDublin

Thank you for posting to your reivew on trip advisor, we are delighted that you enjoyed your family break with us and the kids enjoyed the many activities we have available for our younger guests.

We look foward to welcoming you back for future visits.

Mark Nolan & All the Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket-on-Fergus
The Inn at Dromoland
#3 of 20 in Limerick
The Oakwood Hotel
The Oakwood Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shannon

Been to Dromoland Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!