Dromoland Castle Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland(Newmarket-on-Fergus)(Great Value!)
$100
$167
$107
Orbitz.com
3,666 results
All reviewsgolf coursehawk walkwalled gardenfelt like royaltybeautiful groundsdream come truefig treefalconry experienceclay shootingcocktail barhorseback ridinggolf clubthe main dining roomour honeymoonpony and traponce in a lifetimedrawing room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Staying at the castle with a group of 11. Amazing experience...service at its finest. Dining and bar is exceptional. Very helpful to the point that one couple in our groups reservation was missing so they gave them the former owners suite in the castle.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was astounded at many many things in Dromoland Castle last weekend, disappointed by none! Exquisite service and attention to detail by all members of staff at all times. We ate in the Golf Club as part of a family gathering where we were served beautiful tapas and wine. Niall waited on the tables with brilliance and with a sense of humour! We had a lucky few hours on the golf course the next morning after a luxurious breakfast. I have never been so excited to sit at a breakfast table! Dinner in the Terrace was emotionally stirring, not just because of the plentiful and gorgeous food but because of the kindness and welcomes from the staff. Lunch on Sunday was incredible. And when the chef rolled in his piece of art A Flambeed Baked Alaska, Heaven had a new name! The pessimist in me knows that I will probably never experience anything like this again. The optmist in me celebrates that I did experience it! Well done to Dromoland. You deserve the highest of accolades because true perfection is hard to come by and is always appreciated. I hope I can return soon because when life is tough weekends like this make it all bearable!!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing. All rooms are warm, cosy and welcoming.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had a truly amazing stay at this very special hotel recently with my family and extended family. The staff were among the best trained I have ever encountered. The unforced friendliness was the thing I noticed most. The staff were nearly all locals with long connection to the Hotel and the care they show their clientele is to behold.

The food is exquisite, the selection fantastic and the wine list very good indeed. There are loads of things to do inside the demesne from golf to walks to falconry and clay pigeon shooting.

It is one of the most memorable places I have ever been. A triumph.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week-long trip to Ireland. We did not stay at the Dromoland Castle Hotel, but we stopped in for an afternoon cup of coffee. We also wanted to see the place in case we wanted to stay there next time we traveled to Ireland. It was a very beautiful place on the outside and inside.

The staff was very friendly to us, even though we weren't staying there. We went to the little bar for the coffee and the waiter and waitress were very nice. The coffee was delicious as well. Since we had such a pleasant experience in a short amount of time, we'd definitely stay here next time!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed here as part of a castle tour through Ireland. At check in we were informed we were too early, hostess was rude. We explained we didn't have to have access to the room, we just wanted to eat lunch, explore the grounds and could check in later. I also asked to be given a room that was in a quieter section of the hotel as I am a very light sleeper. She placed us in a room on a hallway that was the main thoroughfare. People were running down the hall until 2 or 3 am. The walls are paper thin, I could hear the couple next to us use the restroom (and all the bodily noises that come with it- when they returned from the pub quite loudly at 1am). Service was dreadfully slow, food totally overpriced, and staff mediocre. The TV was at a 90 degree angle to the bed. The bed was two twins pushed together with separate sheets (we were on our honeymoon). at checkout, the front desk did not enquire as to our experience at the hotel. It was certainly not a five star experience. We did not go to the spa or golf course so I cannot comment as to that. The grounds are beautiful, and neighboring towns are great for food (try Durty Nellys across from Bunratty castle). I would not go back, in fact I was happy to leave. Kilronan castle was far superior in my opinion, as they know how to treat their guests without any of the snobbery.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple