“Beautiful with very attentive staff”

Dromoland Castle Hotel
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in December 2012 as my sister had her wedding reception in the Castle. We stayed in a wonderful room with very comfy beds. Beautiful views and everyone is very accommodating. Definitely visit for Afternoon Tea even if you can't spend the night. Would really like to visit again to fully appreciate everything this place has to offer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,544)

Reviewed December 25, 2012

From plans was the most beautiful holiday ever.with souch space and the comraderie of the Irish, our holiday was just superb! The lavish breakfasts, the long golf walks on the course, th splendid rooms and bathrooms and the great service made our trip so memorable.the little curio shop is adorable and we also went to the next town looking for little trinkety stuff to take back home. We haven't drunk so much guineas in a long Lin time and we thoroughly enjoyed downing those smoked salmon bagels!overall a great experience, though a lil pricey.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night back in May. I booked as a surprise for my wife. I told her I was lost and was stopping in at the property to ask directions. She still had no idea right up to the staff opening the car door and removing our bags. From that moment until we left the service was exceptional. We were upgraded to a larger room, which was ridiculously big. The castle itself and the grounds are fantastic. We really enjoyed sitting in the bar and watching the sun set behind the lake.

Our stay was truly a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently stayed in Dromoland while attending a Christmas event. Approaching the Hotel is quite a wonderful event in itself, and everything from the welcoming staff to the spacious rooms to the luxurious surroundings were even better than I had dared to hope for. Nothing was too much trouble.The room was very spacious and finished to a really high standard. Sunday morning was spent reading in the communal drawing room in front of the log fire while I waited for a gentle rain to settle down so that I could go for a long walk in the grounds. Or should I have taken time out in the pool. Oh dear, decisions, decisions.....

Winter is a perfect time to visit - for the location, the views, the staff and the rooms this hotel represents outstanding value in Ireland.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the wing opposite reception. There are not many so it is even quieter than the res...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here in July for just one night, as a treat to celebrate some good news, but we had such an amazing time that I have been putting off writing my review because I honestly don't know how to do this hotel justice. Truly five star. The hotel itself is gorgeous, a castle in the real sense, beautifully kept and decorated. The staff were truly fantastic, I can't praise them enough. And the standard of service was just the best we've ever experience. On arrival we were greated and while I checked us in another member of staff stayed with my partner and talked to him about the hotel and surrounding area, we were then assigned another staff member who personally brought us to our room and checked that we had everything we needed. We had a wonderful room, I loved everything about it. We had dinner and breakfast in the main restaurant and it was excellent, and again the staff looked after our every need. We had a lovely walk around the grounds, and I fell in love with their walled garden, as it was July the flowers were in full bloom, it is a very beautiful garden and immaculately maintained.
Even though we only stayed here for one night and two days we got so much from our stay, it was a real dream weekend and we are hoping to be able to revist and stay there again sometime soon. We didn't use the leisure centre, unfortunately we ran out of time. If you are looking for somewhere really special to stay I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I spent to nights here as part of a conference. The grounds and setting of this hotel are incredible. There are lovely walk around the gardens and grounds. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The bedroom was very large as was the bathroom. Nicely decorated, warm and very comfortable.
The breakfasts were great. The selection of fruit the best I have experienced in a hotel. The drawing room, bar and lounge areas all had real fires and were cozy with great areas to read or while away the day and relax.
There is a gym and small swimming pool attached to the golf club beside the hotel.
A genuine Irish welcome in this hotel. Great experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you ever wanted to get a real feel of staying in a castle, this is the place...
Gorgeous setting and the service is wonderful,everything you ever dreamed it would be, definitely a 5 star! The room was gorgeous, and the breakfast was great.
Golfing is superb, course is beautiful, setting is great.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can to a deluxe room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janej565
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket-on-Fergus
The Inn at Dromoland
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Bunratty Manor Hotel
Bunratty Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bunratty

Been to Dromoland Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!