Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Must Visit the Garden at Dromoland Castle!

Reviewed January 3, 2020
chantell1458
Best night of our trip!

Reviewed October 17, 2019
vbh1030
Nashville, Tennessee

All reviews hawk walk golf course high tea like royalty walled garden birds of prey beautiful hotel an amazing experience grounds are amazing special occasion harris hawk bucket list county clare a wonderful stay carriage ride room service falconry
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2020

The garden was absolutely beautiful! The head gardener was more than happy to tell us about the history in the garden and the various plants within its walls. Everything was wonderfully maintained and it was very easy to tell that attention was given to every detail. The sculptures were tastefully placed and the water fountains provided an inspirational surrounding. This is a must see for everyone no matter the time of year.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 31, 2019

I was lucky enough to have won a 2 night stay plus dinner at Dromoland. It was like we had come to relatives to stay. It was so relaxing,,we got a room in the tower,fab. Dinner was my favourite part. It was an 8 course tasting menu,with wine for each dish. The waitress and sommelier certainly knew there stuff. Having worked in the catering industry ourselves,the whole weekend was a most and I look forward to returning again . Keep up the good work Dromoland

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed October 27, 2019 via mobile

Played golf here on a bit of a rainy day , but hey , it's Ireland .
Beautiful parkland course with such amazing views - quite lovely . Each hole had it's own special draw . We then decided to share a drink in the famed library bar with the Tarot card series and that's where the magic ended .
The bartenders allowed us to sit for oh , easily 20-30 mins before coming over to offer us a menu or even take our order?We were a group of 3 women golfers - however , each time a group of guy golfers sat down they were at their table in moments . My patience and good will was being replaced with anger - the chauvinism displayed was outrageous . After this happened with the 3rd group of men being seated and us still being ignored , I got up and grabbed the pitcher of water and glasses myself because we were thirsty and tired of being ignored . Finally , a bartender came over and took our order but good luck at getting a second glass of anything .
Ridiculous .
A great golf day ruined by such terrible service - disappointing .
Hopefully the male staff at the bar will be better trained in the future .

Reviewed October 17, 2019

We stayed at Dromoland one night during our 9-day trip to Ireland, and it was our favorite! I wish we could have stayed longer! t is absolutely stunning, and the rooms are fabulous -- and the only place we stayed outside of Dublin with air conditioning! We did falconry with Caroline, and it was an amazing experience -- really our favorite memory of the whole trip! We had drinks at the bar, and dinner at the restaurant, which was another highlight! Get reservations ahead of time to make sure you can get in, though! Ended our stay with a beautiful breakfast, and we didn't want to leave! The staff, the accommodations, and the atmosphere were all perfect!

Reviewed October 13, 2019 via mobile

This was our last stop in Ireland. Saved the best for last. Upon arriving, me and my wife felt as if we were taken back to a time where customer service mattered. Porters took our bags and parked our car. Complementary tea and coffee while waiting on our room. Somehow we got moved to the Cottage Suite, which was almost 1000 sq. feet of luxury of which we had never seen. The grounds are amazing , with a wonderful walled garden. After touring the grounds, my wife hit the spa while I soaked in the jacuzzi tub. Room service was a must as we did not want to leave the room. During dinner, a porter came by and lit the fire in the fireplace in our room. The bed was amazing, and we slept just as good as we did at home. Breakfast was wonderful as well, just what you would expect in a high class, 5 star establishment. We hated to leave and will be planning to stay there again, should we get back to Ireland.