“Fantastic!”
Review of Dromoland Castle

Dromoland Castle
More attraction details
Owner description: Transformed into a luxury hotel in 1962, this castle is a magnificent Renaissance structure built in the 16th century and once served as the royal seat of the O?Brien clan.
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We loved staying at Dromoland Castle, The staff was great and the area was very nice for walking around. Yes, pricey, but OK for a splurge. Fantastic restaurant.

Visited April 2013

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A Night in a Castle...”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Free to walk around and take pictures. Very expensive to stay over night:)
We stayed a night in the castle.. I had pictured in my head castle walls, tapestries in the rooms, and possibly a fireplace. large tall beds, and large wardrobes to hold clothing or something. The room we stayed in was decorated old English I would think, and not really castle-istic in my opinion. About the same as some of the other hotels we had stayed in. It was nice though:) I did love the berries my husband ordered for us the night we arrived.
The dining hall was like a normal restraunt, and not a large castle banquet area as I had expected. We had to walk down halls and turn this way and that to get to it. It was OK.
The grounds had a golf course, and tennis courts. We did go through the walled garden, but it was too early to see the grandure there I am afraid. Not sure that staying in the castle is really was worth the expense for me, but to visit the castle for some nice pictures is an idea if you are in the area. Nothing really out there to share unfortunately. I had this played up in my head too much, so possibly it is just hard to live up to my expectations.

Visited March 2013
Cork
“Medium Golf Course - Unfriendly Satff”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Found staff to be quite unfriendly, and in some cases actually aggressive! Amazed at how that could possibly be, but unfortunately that was my experience.
The golf course was of reasonable standard, but definitely not at the level being pitched by the price.

Visited March 2013
Irvine, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Romance history and elegance”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Loved: Style, romance, history, service, quality, peace, everything
Hated: leaving - when we drove away andlooked back we said we would be back and15 years later - we are !

Visited March 2012
Western Ireland, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A friends wedding”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

we attended a friends wedding on valentines day and i cant fault the hotel . Food fantastic , staff very friendly

Visited February 2013