Not an expensive hotel and has to be judged accordingly. Even so, some small easily remedied issues could have made a great difference.. No point in having a central feature to your foyer if your staff let empty beer glasses stay on it for hours. Similarly with the tables in the foyer - we had coffee then went for a walk. Two hours later on returning the cups were still there. The staff appear completely untrained and are left to their own devices.
The rooms were spacious and reasonably modern - but you don't expect to find some one elses socks in your room!! The decor is terribly drab and whoever has designed this hotel has made no attempt to utilise the potential of a lovely view. Other than the bar there is nowhere you can sit and enjoy the view. Presumably the owners can't comprehend the possibility that some people might wish to spend some time elsewhere.
The Restaurant (for dinner) is not properly staffed and should be avoided. Breakfast is OK.
All in all very average
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inishowen Gateway Hotel is located just outside the picturesque town of Buncrana on Donegal's Inishowen Peninsula. The hotel commands stunning views of the majestic Lough Swilly leading out on to the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel has 80 well appointed en-suite bedrooms, many of which overlook the lake. Some of the facilities are the Gateway Health & Fitness Club, Seagrass Wellbeing Centre, Planet Active for kids & The Peninsula Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Inishowen Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishowen Gateway Hotel Buncrana
- Inishowen Gateway Buncrana