Stayed at this hotel for a Bank Holiday Weekend break for Photography. The outside of the hotel looks a bit tired but inside it is much better. It does have an old world charm about it. The staff were very helpful in reception. There seemed to be two weddings at the hotel that weekend & so the Breakfast was very busy and a bit chaotic. We were asked to wait five minutes to get a table, we ended up waiting about 25 minutes, but people who came a while after us were called for their tables before us. Then there was not much food on the buffet. The staff that were there were working very hard, but I think that there were not enough of them to cope with the numbers.
The room itself was spacious & comfortable with a very nice bed. Nice view over the Golf Course & free WiFi.
There was a mistake made on my Bill at check-out which I realised after a drove away, but a call to them & it was quickly sorted & a refund issued.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inishowen Gateway Hotel is located just outside the picturesque town of Buncrana on Donegal's Inishowen Peninsula. The hotel commands stunning views of the majestic Lough Swilly leading out on to the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel has 80 well appointed en-suite bedrooms, many of which overlook the lake. Some of the facilities are the Gateway Health & Fitness Club, Seagrass Wellbeing Centre, Planet Active for kids & The Peninsula Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Inishowen Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishowen Gateway Hotel Buncrana
- Inishowen Gateway Buncrana