A large hotel which borders a road and the lough, ask for a room on the Lough side as the roadside can be noisy.
The room I stayed in was large, the shower was small and not very powerful but the bathroom was clean. The room otherwise was fine.
The staff were average, not particulary accomodating when we asked for a different table at dinner we were refused even though there was space in the dining room.
The restaurant was quite large with pleasant views of the golf course.The food in the dining room was average but was served promptly. It was'nt particulary expensive.
The bar was very busy and was at the opposite end of hotel from the reception and restaurant!
Did'nt use the leisure facilities.
During our stay some building work was ongoing.
Overall, nice location and value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inishowen Gateway Hotel is located just outside the picturesque town of Buncrana on Donegal's Inishowen Peninsula. The hotel commands stunning views of the majestic Lough Swilly leading out on to the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel has 80 well appointed en-suite bedrooms, many of which overlook the lake. Some of the facilities are the Gateway Health & Fitness Club, Seagrass Wellbeing Centre, Planet Active for kids & The Peninsula Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Inishowen Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishowen Gateway Hotel Buncrana
- Inishowen Gateway Buncrana