“Excellent Establishment/Food/Service”
Review of Inishowen Gateway

Inishowen Gateway
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Buncrana
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed 2 nights, Breakfast & Dinners, great atmosphere, friendly helpful staff. Buffet Breakfast that had everything you could think of, short of smoked salmon & caviare :) which we weren't really expecting. Dinner Al a Carte, excellent, tab la dote menu was great (if you have the appetite for it) as your given plenty.
Room with Lough view was very adequate, clean with TV/DVD & free WIFI.
Enjoyed our stay & will look forward to returning in the future.
No disappointments here!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Lough are best, in my opinion
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Have just returned from a wonderful 5 days at this lovely hotel, and can't find anything to complain about!. Accommodation was lovely, food excellent and staff friendly and helpful. We had a little ruffle on the last night over seating arrangements, but were quickly sorted by Connor Paige, the manager. He is a treasure, take note senior management!. The only grump I have is that our room looked onto another building, cutting out all sunshine, but hey-ho, we were only in there for an hour or so a day. Breakfast was lovely, everything we could have asked for, and the evening meal was beautiful. Well done Connor and the crew! I'll be baaacckkk!!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the sea, the view is gorgeous.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel, we came hear for one night.. Defiantly great value, didn't have dinner in the hotel but breakfast was very tasty and the view while eating it was second to none.. Our room was overlooking the car park, very noisy, took us quite I while to get the broken window to close and it was still noisy, also the heat wasn't working- I did report this to reception but unfortunately they didn't land to sort it until I was fast asleep after 11!! Rooms are dated but clean.. Anyho I would most definitely recommend a treatment at the spa, it was a lovely treat, even my husband enjoyed it :-) overall stay very good, friendly staff, lovely area, i would stay again..

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was there out of season - so I got a very good rate through Booking.com. I think in summer it would be a lot more expensive ! Pool and gym on premises, and fabulous restaurant - great views and friendly/professional waitress !! A 5 star experience for a 3 star price !!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here on business and it is a very clean hotel with a good gym.The price I got on the corporate rate was outstanding!I remember the receptionists are lovely here and there are good options in the bar for food.I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I must say the surrounding scenery is outstanding, you can watch the golfers out on the green. The Sunday Dinner, starter was a choice of fruit, salad, pasta, chicken and all sorts. Then you had your vegetable soup, main course turkey and ham or roast beef with roast potatoes and creamed, plenty of veg, brussels, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. Then a selection of deserts, followed by tea or coffee. They have a large dinning area with plenty of space, staff very attentive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Bridesmaid and Best Man turned up to surprise my wife.

Weather was terrible, hotel is highly recommended. Wonderful views, helpful staff and very acceptable room. It had all that we expected, comfortable bed, tv and a bathroom, which was getting ready for a bit of an overhaul. Nothing wrong with it, just ready for a revamp. A bit dated.

The spa and pool were an added bonus. We each had a stress relieving massage

If you are a golfer there is a course in front of the hotel. For us, it was more fun eating breakfast and chuckling at the golfers slicing balls in the damp conditions from the dining room panoramic windows.

We had a bar meal the first evening as the dining room was busy and we were starving. This was good typical Irish fayre. Breakfast the next morning was buffet style and there was plenty of cereal, fruit and of course the Full Irish.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buncrana
The Harbour Inn
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny
Downings Bay Hotel
Downings Bay Hotel
#3 of 3 in Downings

Been to Inishowen Gateway? Share your experiences!