I stayed with my husband for 2 nights at the inishowen gateway hotel, and loved it! This hotel is friendly, almost family like, and offers a wonderful restaurant or bar food. We ate in the bar and the food was lovely and reasonably priced. Our room looked out over the golf course and lough and was a wonderful sight for sore eyes!! The room had two beds, one double and one single. It was immaculately clean, crisp linen, and spacious bathroom with bath and shower over it. There was a flat screen tv with good choice of channels and tea & coffee facilities.
The real jewel here was the spa!! Fabulous place with great staff. If you stay here ,go for the hydrotherapy bath. It's amazing and Margaret, a wonderful masseuse.The seagrass spa is SO worth it, so make your appointments before you go.
There was entertainment in the bar on saturday night, and there's also a leisure centre, with pool, sauna and jacuzzi. Overall, a nice hotel, good food, amazing spa, and wonderful views with golf thrown in!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inishowen Gateway Hotel is located just outside the picturesque town of Buncrana on Donegal's Inishowen Peninsula. The hotel commands stunning views of the majestic Lough Swilly leading out on to the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel has 80 well appointed en-suite bedrooms, many of which overlook the lake. Some of the facilities are the Gateway Health & Fitness Club, Seagrass Wellbeing Centre, Planet Active for kids & The Peninsula Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Inishowen Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishowen Gateway Hotel Buncrana
- Inishowen Gateway Buncrana