“Superb Stay!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Dublin, Ireland
“Superb Stay!”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I have just returned from a weekend stay at Tulfarris and felt compelled to spread the word about the wonderful experience we had!

When we checked in we were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming receptionist and some of our party were upgraded to suites (me included) which was a nice touch.

When we checked into our rooms, I was so pleasantly surprised with how spacious our suites were and the stard rooms that some friends were in were just as spacious but without the additional living area. All the rooms were so clean and modern and most of all comfortable!

We headed down for a couple of drinks in the bar before dinner. The bar was lovely and warm and comfy and the bar staff were great too and had a bit of banter and a laugh with them which made us feel so welcome.

We headed up for our dinner which was included in our very reasonably priced package. We were seated straight away and presented with our menus. The restaurant was busy but with a great atmosphere, but this did not have any effect on the service or the quality of the meals we received. The steak was perfecly cooked as I had requested and the spicy chicken wings would easily rival the best! nobody in our party had any complaints about their meals and there was certainly no skimping on the portions!

We finished the evening off in the bar again, where the fantastic atmosphere and service continued with some very enjoyable and entertaining live music.

The next morning, after an amazing sleep, we had a buffet breakfast in the restaurant again, where nothing was too much for the staff!

We checked out shortly after, and again were greeted by the very friendly reception staff. We asked for some information about walking in the area and they did not hesitate to give us the information we were looking for and handed us a print out of some local walking routes, which we followed and helped to clear the head after the night before!

All in all, it was one of the best and most relaxing weekends away I've had in a long time and would not hesitate to recommend to anyone - and the staff and service we received really contributed to a great stay!

Thank you to you all!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Good Afternoon Kayemdee82, Thank you so much for the review you have posted. It is great to see our hard work and effort go unnoticed, I will pass on your comments to all chefs and staff concerned and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Mark Howell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Czech first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Don't know who gives the stars out but I wouldn't be giving four to TulFarris. Bad mannered staff sticking stuff in front of you and swiping menus away without as much as an 'excuse me'. Then given the tiny helpings, and if you want veg it's extra or chips its extra and so on. If you want to stay there have a meal in Hollywood on your way ! Oh and don't expect to be pampered by the bar staff ether ! My friend was drinking his pint when the barman announced that 'someone hasn't paid for their pint'. Classy four star stuff eh ? Especially given the same barman doesn't issue receipts or beer mats or clean the stick counter as standard ! One star would e a lot in Tulfarris. Yuk !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank Tul2011
Good Afternoon Tul2011,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am terribly sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay at Tulfarris. As you can see from other reviews and even from other review sites we do rate quite highly in our guests eyes. I can only hope that this was a once off occurance but would like to try and rectify and change your decesion on the hotel.
Please email me at gm@tulfarris.com and hopefully we can entice you to stay with us again and i will ensure that everything is perfect for you.
Our staff are always highly praised as the true selling factor of Tulfarris and i'm horrified to think they were bad mannered or rude so i will definitely be addressing this.
Thank you again for your comments as it is only with these comments that we can see any issues and rectify them.

gm@tulfarris.com
County Meath, Ireland
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We received a voucher for Tulfarris Hotel & Golf Resort and decided to treat ourselves to the Pamper Package (€99pp incl D&BB and 25min back massage). We found the hotel easily enough and were advised that the hotel is in a remote area. We were not too inspired by the drive into the grounds and parked close to the reception in a pot holed car park that were filled with water. Our 1st impression on entering the lobby area was not great and it was after a 5min wait to be seen to by Aisling the head receptionist. We advised Aisling of the voucher and that we had treatments booked for 5pm that evening and she directed us were to go. We also booked a time for dinner and asked her to inform the head chef that my wife was a coeliac. Aisling said that we were in a suite, which sounded great and directed us to our room. On leaving reception our room was on the ground floor and we walked down, what can only be described as a dull, uninspiring corridor. The walls had no pictures on them, the carpet was grubby in places especially around the fire exit doors and most of the inter connecting fire doors had foot print marks on them from where guests decided to kick open these doors instead of pushing them open. We got to our room and on entering we were extremely disappointed with what we got. The furniture in the room can only be described as flat pack furniture. There was no mini bar which is what we would expect in a four star hotel. There was no walk in shower, only in the bath and two of the light bulbs where not working. I didnt realise that a suite is a bedroom with another room off it that had a kitchen and a couch and tv. Not very luxurious. We decided to go for a bite to eat in the bar and my wife ordered a chicken caesar salad and I had a wrap. My wife's salad came out with no chicken and I said it to the bar man and he replied that 'he was going to kill him'. So we gathered there had been problems during the day. It was sorted quickly enough and was tasty. We got ourselves ready for our massages and doned our robes and made our way down the dull corridor to the 'Annex Suite' which is two converted bedrooms right beside the games room where kids are running up and down the corridor while you wait in your robe in a freezing 'conservatory' type waiting area. The masage was excellent and is provided by a salon based in Blessington not by the hotel. We booked our dinner table for 8.30pm and the restaurant was extremely busy which was a great sign. There were three large parties and the rest were mainly couples and families. We took out seats and was greeted by Aisling (the receptionist) who took our orders. We gathered that as they were so busy they had to use all resources from the hotel to take dinner orders. As we had explained to her at check in that my wife was a coeliac we asked her what could she eat. Aisling asked what did my wife like on the menu and she would enquire. My wife ordered the soup and sea bass and I order a goats cheese tartlet and turkey. My wife's soup came out with bread croutons in it which she cannot eat so that was taken away and a new bowl placed in front of her. My starter was tasty and filling. We waited quite some time for our main course and when it came it was disappointing. My wife had two of the smallest potions of sea bass and tiger prawns and I had turkey that was tough and hard to cut into with a tiny portion of potato and mangetout. Aisling came back around to ask if all was ok and I informed her that it was not and that we were disappointed with the portion sizes. She said that she would pass on our comments to the chef. We noticed that two other couples had still not been served their main course and even one of the couples had placed their order before ours and only received their meal after we had finished. It seemed that the restaurant manager/chef were more interested in looking after the larger groups and not the couples. It seemed at times that some of the waiting staff were either new or part-time staff. We moved down to the bar after and enjoyed the music and craic as there was a good atmosphere. Breakfast was served till 11am but we ate at 10am and checked out by half past and settled our bill. Overall it was a bad experience. We have stayed in many 4 star hotels such as Dunboyne Castle, Farnham Estate, Killashee House Hotel and they deserve the 4 stars but dont think Tulfarris Hotel & Golf Resort is near that.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
Good Afternoon Milltree,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed report of your visit. We were shocked to hear about your stay and as you can see from previous comments this is not the normal review from our guests therefore I hope you dont mind but I will contact you directly as I feel best to go through these issues with you personally.

Dublin
Reviewed January 17, 2011

This was our 3rd time to stay at Tulfarris and it did not disappoint. My boyfriend booked it as a treat for last Saturday night. On booking he asked for an upgrade, which was given without any issue, as was the case with our 2 previous bookings. Th price for the 2 of us for bed, breakfast and a 3 course meal in a beautiful suite came to the princely sum of €118!! Where would you get it?!! The food was lovely and very well presented. Unfortunately, the weather was rubbish so we had to settle for a lakeside drive on Saturday but Sunday was a lot better and we took a lovely stroll around the hotel grounds and down by the golf course. It felt like we'd been there for longer than just one day and we were totally relaxed coming home. We are already planning our next overnight. With such value on offer why would anyone not take advantage of it. Keep and eye on the hotel website for some great deals.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Hi Pouche - Thank you so much for your fantastic comments. Unfortunately the weather is beyond our control but at least you got one good day with some decent weather.
Please let us know next time you are coming back and we will definitely upgrade you again.

Dublin
Reviewed December 25, 2010

I stayed in the hotel for a wedding and couldn't recommend it more. The function room was great but considering the time of year, if the door was left open, there was understandably a breeze coming through the room. As I was sitting near the door I mentioned this to a member of staff and they then had someone stand near the door until the end of the meal to ensure the door wasn't left open.

The rooms were also very nice - modern, comfortable and bright. I stayed for a second night and was delighted I did. Breakfasts were very tasty and lunch portions in the bar would ensure you didn't go hungry. I would definitely recommend the hotel and hence bought a night away there for my sister and her husband for January.

• Stayed November 2010
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this review, December 29, 2010
Good Morning Aedamair, Thank you for the great review, we really appreciate people taking the time to write such positive comments. As you can see it is our employees here that really make the hotel what it is. Looking forward to having you stay with us again in January.
Mark
Kilkeel, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Stayed at the Tulfarris Hotel for one night with my husband. Hotel is quite hard to find down a narrow road but when you arrive it is so peaceful and the sceenery is beautiful. The room was clean and modern the bed was very comfortable and the view overlooked the 18th green. We played golf which was free with the deal. The course is well kept and challenging we both enjoyed it. The food in the resturant in the evening was delicious the steaks were cooked as ordered.I have no hesitation at recommending this hotel and golf resort.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2010
Good Morning Wentaway, thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and the course. Regarding the signage to the hotel, we are working with Wicklow County Council to try and rectify this, so hopefully next time you are here you will be directed with ease.
Reviewed October 29, 2010

9 of us stayed recently and I can safely speak for all of us when I say we were delighted with the experience. We went for the golf, dinner and 1 night b&b package.

The golf course was in great condition condition considering the weather. It's a hard enough track for a beginners as one if the lads found out! Two of the stand out holes were the 17th and 18th. Thanks to Norma in the Golf shop.

After golf we checked into the hotel and saw that our rooms were beautiful. Then we chilled in the bar which had a very relaxed atmosphere until dinner. At 8.30 we ate in the restaurant. The meal was delish. Everybody was seriously impressed with the spread laid on. Thank you to the woman serving us, you are a legend.

After that it was pints all the way in the bar. We sang all night playing the guitar and piano(good men Eoin and Pat).

To sum up it was a fantastic day and night. The staff in every department of the hotel were excellent. The checkin and checkout was painless. The barmen were first class.

I don't think I can praise the place anymore....if i had one fault it would be that the sun wasn't shining.. But hey.. You can't have everything!!!

Regards from
Derek and the rest of the Lads from Greystones/Bray Station.... We will be seeing you all again soon I think. :)

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Delboykelly
Good Morning Derek,
Thank you so much for the fantastic review and your comments on our facebook page, it is really appreciated.
I have passed on your regards to Norma and the only advice i can give to your new players is practice practice practice. it would be great to see you back again as i had heard only great comments about you and the guys too.
If you are coming back please let me know and i will ensure everything is perfect as you like it.
Regards Mark Howell - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!