“excellent”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Dublin, Ireland
“excellent”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is our staple hotel we come to often. The bar area is very comfortable. Staff friendly, rooms lovely. Food is only average, but still come back often. The grounds are very scenic for a stroll. Would definitely recommend here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hello Beenie123

Thank you so much for the lovely review of the hotel, I am sorry that you only felt the food to be average but I am glad that it hasnt deterred you from returning to us.
I would love to hear more about your comments on the food so if you had time to call me or email me with your comments I would of course take them on board.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Czech first
kildare
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I attended a friends wedding here and I must admit it was absolutely fab. The hotel itself is set in a lovely tranquil area and it's so remote that you feel you are hidden away. The food, the drinks, the service, the rooms and the very polite staff all add to the lovely hotel. Beds are very comfortable and rooms appear to be very soundproof. I couldn't hear anything from anywhere else other than the room I was in.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Galwaygirl27

Thank you for your great review and taking the time to write it. I am glad that you had a great time at the hotel and that the wedding service and standards were upheld and you enjoyed everything.
Hopefully we will see you back at the hotel soon for another wedding or more leisurely visit.

Until then, Kindest Regards
Dublin . IRELAND
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I would have given this hotel 4* or maybe even 5* if it had not been for the meal we had in the Lime tree restaurant . It had to be one of the Blandest meals I have ever eaten. What also annoyed everybody was a supplement of €6 on four of the main dishes.there was a party of fourteen of us and we all agreed Disappointing . Hotel itself was lovely as we're all the staff. In fact the breakfast was quite nice . I would also would recommend that notices be placed in the bedroom corridor that to take note people are sleeping as the resident bar stays open till 4 am and I was awoken. On a couple of occasions by people roaring and shouting

Room Tip: Stay here by all means but don't waste your money on evening meal
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello nigbou

Thank you for your review and albeit some disappointing meals I do feel like you enjoyed the hotel.
I would love if you could email me directly as i would love the opportunity to discuss this with you as you can see from many other reviews the food in the hotel is always of a higher quality than you experienced.
My email is gm @ tulfarris . com and or you can call me in the hotel at any time.

Looking forward to hearing from you

mayo
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from this hotel after attending my cousins wedding. Cannot fault the hotel from the bedrooms, main hotel bar to function room. Food for wedding was super, piping hot and plentiful.

The smell of turf burning in reception was brilliant and also in the reception room of the wedding suite....
One small issues could be looked at. the knob for regulating water temp in the shower was very stiff. My father couldn't move it so didn't have shower. I moved it but it wasn't easy. Room 128.
Breakfast was great and staff extremely helpfully all over hotel.

Thanks and I will recommend when I can

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank gwal
Hello gwal

Thank you for the lovely review and taking the time to write it.
The smell of burning turf really does add to the warm homely feel on arrively doesnt it?
I am sorry about the issue with the temperature gauge, I have had this seen to. Unfortunatley the regulators can go without warning and we have spares on standby should this happen.

I do hope that we will see you again in Tulfarris soon for a more leisurely visit to get a real feel for how relaxing it can be.

ireland
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Second time to stay here and again just for the one night, we attended a function and the meal , service and staff were very good, well done to Tony in the function room bar, he is in the Las Vegas class.

The breakfast next morning was well up to standard and the staff had no problem in delivering any off menu items, judging by the number of people at breakfast the Hotel was very busy.

Our room was very large and well heated, would definitely recommend Tulfarris Hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Neilevan

Thank you gor the terrific review and I'm glad that things were as they should be on your second trip to Tulfarris, It is a good test of the level of service we provide and I am happy that it continues. I will certainly pass on your thoughts to Tony, he will love you for this "Las Vegas" tribute.

Hopefully see you again soon.

Westmeath
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I attended my brothers wedding here recently and was really impressed with everything about this place. The beautiful hotel has fabulous grounds and surrounding scenery. The hotel itself is gorgeous and has so much to offer. The staff were amazing and they ensured that everyone was really well looked after. Our stay was really enjoyable and I will definitely be returning to Tulfarris.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello WestmeathMrs_H

Thank you for the great review and I am delighted that you had a great time at your brothers wedding.
Hopefully we will see you back for a more leisurely visit soon.

Thank you again.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I got married here a few weeks ago and from start to finish it was a fantastic experience - both the day itself with Derek and the planning with Kathryn, Lillian and Annemarie.

The day, despite the miserable weather, went off without a hitch. Derek and the staff at the reception (especially Fiona, our waitress) were so accommodating, pleasant and helpful - they made us feel like the manor house and Russborough Suite were our home for the day. We were delighted with everything.

Our guests haven't stopped gushing over the whole staff in the hotel - their frendliness, helpfullness, professionalism... and the food!!! They loved the food. I think its safe to say you'll have some revisits from our wedding guest list! We also appreciated how politely they dealt with some of our 'merrier' guests!

Thank you for making the whole process seem easy - no doubt a trick you've learned with experience!

We would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat to anyone looking to get married or just get away for a quiet, romantic weekend (thats how we discovered it in the first place).

We'll be back, not just for our anniversary, but well before that.... and again and again...!

Room Tip: the individual styling of the manor house rooms are gorgeous and the 1st floor rooms in the main hot...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Deshgirl

Thank you so much for the glowing review on the hotel and your wedding day.
I have passed on your thanks to Fiona and all the team also.
It is always a privilege to lookf after a lovely couple like yourselves and I reall do hope you are back soon and not just for your anniversary.

Hopefully see you soon
Mark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!