“Beautiful place for a wedding!”

Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I attended my brothers wedding here recently and was really impressed with everything about this place. The beautiful hotel has fabulous grounds and surrounding scenery. The hotel itself is gorgeous and has so much to offer. The staff were amazing and they ensured that everyone was really well looked after. Our stay was really enjoyable and I will definitely be returning to Tulfarris.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Hello WestmeathMrs_H

Thank you for the great review and I am delighted that you had a great time at your brothers wedding.
Hopefully we will see you back for a more leisurely visit soon.

Thank you again.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I got married here a few weeks ago and from start to finish it was a fantastic experience - both the day itself with Derek and the planning with Kathryn, Lillian and Annemarie.

The day, despite the miserable weather, went off without a hitch. Derek and the staff at the reception (especially Fiona, our waitress) were so accommodating, pleasant and helpful - they made us feel like the manor house and Russborough Suite were our home for the day. We were delighted with everything.

Our guests haven't stopped gushing over the whole staff in the hotel - their frendliness, helpfullness, professionalism... and the food!!! They loved the food. I think its safe to say you'll have some revisits from our wedding guest list! We also appreciated how politely they dealt with some of our 'merrier' guests!

Thank you for making the whole process seem easy - no doubt a trick you've learned with experience!

We would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat to anyone looking to get married or just get away for a quiet, romantic weekend (thats how we discovered it in the first place).

We'll be back, not just for our anniversary, but well before that.... and again and again...!

Room Tip: the individual styling of the manor house rooms are gorgeous and the 1st floor rooms in the main hot...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Deshgirl

Thank you so much for the glowing review on the hotel and your wedding day.
I have passed on your thanks to Fiona and all the team also.
It is always a privilege to lookf after a lovely couple like yourselves and I reall do hope you are back soon and not just for your anniversary.

Hopefully see you soon

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have never before felt strongly enough to review anywhere I've stayed but the service we received was world class. We got married the end of October in the hotel and from the moment we booked our hotel Lilian, Anne Marie and all the staff couldn't do enough for us. The day itself was seem less, the food amazing, all the guests commented on the food and those staying were delighted with the beautiful rooms. Darren on the day was exceptional, also the following day when having dinner, he had pre-empted what we might like and arranged everything. Have to also mention Katie who was are waitress on the day, couldn't do enough for us. I can't speak highly enough of the service we received or recommend enough to anyone thinking of choosing as a wedding location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Hello Ronan,

Thank you so much, it was a pleasure looking after you on your big day and I will certainly pass on your thanks to all involved.
Hopefully we will see you again back in the hotel or at least on your anniversary night.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here back in June. We went for one night with our baby daughter on a baby pamper package, which my wife booked for me for Father's Day - our first trip away as a family.

It was great! They supplied a steriliser, cot, play mat etc, which made it so much easier travelling with a baby. We stayed in one of the family suites, which had an en suite room + kitchenette and living/dining room, which was separated by double doors. It was ideal for us, meaning the baby could go for naps and we could watch a movie/relax. We even had a separate door to the living area + a rear door, which opened out on to the grass area and play area. Our little baby even enjoyed being able to explore the room ... and the swing outside (albeit on my knee).

Food was lovely too. We ordered to the room for handiness in the evening. Breakfast was very nice too. We ate lunch in the bar. The rooms were spotless and service great.

With the backdrop of the lakes at Blessington, the golf course looked cool. We will be back for a wedding next year so looking forward to that. I think the family suite will be the way to go again ... and with adjoining rooms an option with shared living/kitchen area + in-laws with a baby too, it would work well.

Definitely well worth a visit

• Stayed: June 2013

Hello GJK23

Thank you gor the amazing review of the hotel and our Baby Bliss Package. It is a very successful package for us as many of our families love the extra space in the suite and as you say being able to put the baby to sleep as you relax.

I love your idea with the inlaws, we could definitely look at an inlaw package.

Thank you again and hopefully see you soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Where can i start??? Ok firstly no bank machine, friend of mine asked bar man for cash back and he replied exactly "i cant give you namas money" kept having to pay by card every drink.. my girlfriend left her bag with 300cash in our room only realising when we arrived at home that she did, rang reception that day (sunday) recepionist wasnt helpful watso ever, told me shed ring me back on d monday, monday arrived no call so i rang again, got through to a security gaurd telling me the hotel was closed and had no keys on a monday.. how ever receptionist rang me tuesdayafter me leaving a message with security saying the purse wasnt their.. that she wil ask the cleaners on the wed to see is it locked in "cleaners locker"..moral of story cleaners got a bonus!! Hands up for the chef food was perfect tho.

• Stayed: November 2013

Hello Chef2009

Thank you for your review and taking the time to write it. I would really like to talk to you about this as it is a very serious situation. I can assure you that we do not have cleaner's lockers and all items like this would be put in the safe which I believe is what was said to you when you called Ann Marie. Can you please give me a call so we can discuss this further.

Hopefully speak to you soon,

Mark Howell
045 867611

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had booked a standard double room but got upgrade to a suite (very nice). The bedroom is big and well-furnished and with a separate living room with kitchen, television and large sofas it made the stay amazing. The hotel is lovely, located in a very quiet area and is a beautiful spot, even in the heavy rain! The hotel staff are all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Paul,

Thank you kindly for the great review, we are really appreciative of our guests taking the time to write reviews for the hotel and especially when they say such nice things. I will pass on your compliments to all the staff also.

Thank you again, hopefully see you soon,

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent rate for a suite in B&B+D, the bedroom is big enough, there's a separate living room with kitchen. View overlooking the lake and golf course. There are 2 tv but only 1 remote, no cutlery, glasses, plates or tea towels. We had the duck for dinner, very tasty, pecan pie was a bit too sweet but very good, apple crumble was lacking of crunch. Nice sleep, early walk in the park around the lake and golf course then back for breakfast delivered to our room where we fully enjoyed the living area. The hotel is lovely, located in a very quiet area, rooms are big and cosy, food is good and not too pricey. Room 223, only 1 remote with weak batteries and 2 bulbs gone.

• Stayed: November 2013

Hello Lionel,

Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to write it.
I am sorry that you only had one remote, we are sourcing more remotes for the bedrooms as the TV/DVD combi units we have use a special remote that is not widely available but we should have them soon.
We dont leave any cutlery or glasswear in the rooms as a policy but we can certainly have a room fully stocked for you should you wish to stay with us again. Please let us know in advance of this as it is no problem at all.

Thank you again and I do hope that these issues havent deterred you from staying with us again.

Hopefully we will see you soon,

Mark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!