“Great Hotel and Location”

Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had booked a standard double room but got upgrade to a suite (very nice). The bedroom is big and well-furnished and with a separate living room with kitchen, television and large sofas it made the stay amazing. The hotel is lovely, located in a very quiet area and is a beautiful spot, even in the heavy rain! The hotel staff are all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Hello Paul,

Thank you kindly for the great review, we are really appreciative of our guests taking the time to write reviews for the hotel and especially when they say such nice things. I will pass on your compliments to all the staff also.

Thank you again, hopefully see you soon,

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent rate for a suite in B&B+D, the bedroom is big enough, there's a separate living room with kitchen. View overlooking the lake and golf course. There are 2 tv but only 1 remote, no cutlery, glasses, plates or tea towels. We had the duck for dinner, very tasty, pecan pie was a bit too sweet but very good, apple crumble was lacking of crunch. Nice sleep, early walk in the park around the lake and golf course then back for breakfast delivered to our room where we fully enjoyed the living area. The hotel is lovely, located in a very quiet area, rooms are big and cosy, food is good and not too pricey. Room 223, only 1 remote with weak batteries and 2 bulbs gone.

• Stayed: November 2013

Hello Lionel,

Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to write it.
I am sorry that you only had one remote, we are sourcing more remotes for the bedrooms as the TV/DVD combi units we have use a special remote that is not widely available but we should have them soon.
We dont leave any cutlery or glasswear in the rooms as a policy but we can certainly have a room fully stocked for you should you wish to stay with us again. Please let us know in advance of this as it is no problem at all.

Thank you again and I do hope that these issues havent deterred you from staying with us again.

Hopefully we will see you soon,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Absolutely wonderful!! This amazing place will forever stay in my memory. The room (122) was spacious and the beds were so comfortable. Being on the ground floor it was within easy reach of the bar. The dining rooms were on the first floor but as there is a lift that isn't a problem. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The food is exceptionally good and plenty of it. Breakfasts cater for all tastes and are served in a dining room which overlooks part of the golf course. Beautiful views across the lakes when you walk a few minutes up the hotel drive. We intend to go back next year and stay for longer. I really didn't want to come home!

Room Tip: Perhaps a room upstairs would give a better view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Trish094

Thank you for the amazing flowing report of Tulfarris and I'm delighted that you had a great time here with us. Hopefully we will see you again sometime next year and for a longer duration. Please let us know and we will do all we can to help.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Beautiful spot, even in the rain ! Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Had a problem with the lock on the door, which once highlighted to reception was repaired immediately with the minimum of fuss. Food was good and I would certainly recommended a visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Hello banker1wicklow

Thank you for your review and I am glad that the issue with your door was solved with little disruption. Unfortunatley these things happen without warning and I am glad that we could get it fixed as soon as possible.

Hopefully we will see you again soon at Tulfarris.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Location is fabulous! Love the green grass and the lakes, its just so romantic! We were upgraded to a suite which was fabulous really comfortable! Hotel was quiet and relaxing, food was lovely! Staff really friendly! We actually got engaged on our second night there and we received complimentary champagne and a few days after I received an email congratulating us again from the hotel! It was really nice! I'd been here a couple of times before for christenings and weddings but this was our first time to stay and we have never been disappointed! We will be back definitely! Thanks :)

• Stayed: July 2013

Hello Dervla,

Massive congratulations on your engagement and I know just the place where you should look to getting married and I really hope you do give us a thought on choosing a venue.
I am delighted also that you had a great time here and everyone looked after you so well.

Hopefully see you again soon,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and from the start it was one of the most memorable hotel stays that I have ever had. We arrived on Thursday and I had a round of golf in the rain, but it was still great with fantastic views over the lakes. As we played up the 17 fairway we were followed by a deer, it was so close. When we got in near dusk the elk bar served us food which was enjoyed by all. The next day was my nephews wedding and at the reception I have never seen food served with such efficency. The food was very good and in general the whole day went well due to the organization that went on behind the scenes. I look forward to a return visit at some stage, fond memories of the turf fire as it glowed in the reception area. Thank you to all the staff for some great memories

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hello Jack M

Thank you for the great review and from such a seasoned reviewer it is always a compliment. I cant say that we had anything to do with the deer but what a wonderful sight. We often see them early in the morning wandering around the course without a care in the world.

Hopefully we will see you again soon for some more memories.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went for a wedding to arrive at the hotel to be told check-in was at 3pm, which would be fine had we been told the two times we contacted the hotel before arriving. The reception manager dealt with this situation with an embarrassing lack of consideration and customer service, including accusing of us having a full Irish breakfast (I am vegetarian, so was interested how I would have this). She was rude, unhelpful and failed without any doubt to deliver a service worthy of such a hotel. On complaining, I was met with my points not being taken into account but rather trying to justify what I consider a failing of this member of staff - which I pity. The hotel and other members of staff are lovely, but be warned, if anything out of the ordinary happens you will be met with rude and unmannerly staff who's action are supported by senior management.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the car park
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hello humble_traveller2013

Thank you for your review and as you know since speaking with you on email I am terribly sorry about how your check in went.
Thank you for the lovely comments on our other staff members and I really hope that you can see that this is not the norm and that our customer service is paramount to us and can be seen by so many reviews on here.

I do hope that you will return and let me know should you plan to.

Mark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!