“Overnight stay”

Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Beautiful spot, even in the rain ! Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Had a problem with the lock on the door, which once highlighted to reception was repaired immediately with the minimum of fuss. Food was good and I would certainly recommended a visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Hello banker1wicklow

Thank you for your review and I am glad that the issue with your door was solved with little disruption. Unfortunatley these things happen without warning and I am glad that we could get it fixed as soon as possible.

Hopefully we will see you again soon at Tulfarris.

Mark

Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Location is fabulous! Love the green grass and the lakes, its just so romantic! We were upgraded to a suite which was fabulous really comfortable! Hotel was quiet and relaxing, food was lovely! Staff really friendly! We actually got engaged on our second night there and we received complimentary champagne and a few days after I received an email congratulating us again from the hotel! It was really nice! I'd been here a couple of times before for christenings and weddings but this was our first time to stay and we have never been disappointed! We will be back definitely! Thanks :)

• Stayed: July 2013

Hello Dervla,

Massive congratulations on your engagement and I know just the place where you should look to getting married and I really hope you do give us a thought on choosing a venue.
I am delighted also that you had a great time here and everyone looked after you so well.

Hopefully see you again soon,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and from the start it was one of the most memorable hotel stays that I have ever had. We arrived on Thursday and I had a round of golf in the rain, but it was still great with fantastic views over the lakes. As we played up the 17 fairway we were followed by a deer, it was so close. When we got in near dusk the elk bar served us food which was enjoyed by all. The next day was my nephews wedding and at the reception I have never seen food served with such efficency. The food was very good and in general the whole day went well due to the organization that went on behind the scenes. I look forward to a return visit at some stage, fond memories of the turf fire as it glowed in the reception area. Thank you to all the staff for some great memories

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hello Jack M

Thank you for the great review and from such a seasoned reviewer it is always a compliment. I cant say that we had anything to do with the deer but what a wonderful sight. We often see them early in the morning wandering around the course without a care in the world.

Hopefully we will see you again soon for some more memories.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went for a wedding to arrive at the hotel to be told check-in was at 3pm, which would be fine had we been told the two times we contacted the hotel before arriving. The reception manager dealt with this situation with an embarrassing lack of consideration and customer service, including accusing of us having a full Irish breakfast (I am vegetarian, so was interested how I would have this). She was rude, unhelpful and failed without any doubt to deliver a service worthy of such a hotel. On complaining, I was met with my points not being taken into account but rather trying to justify what I consider a failing of this member of staff - which I pity. The hotel and other members of staff are lovely, but be warned, if anything out of the ordinary happens you will be met with rude and unmannerly staff who's action are supported by senior management.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the car park
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hello humble_traveller2013

Thank you for your review and as you know since speaking with you on email I am terribly sorry about how your check in went.
Thank you for the lovely comments on our other staff members and I really hope that you can see that this is not the norm and that our customer service is paramount to us and can be seen by so many reviews on here.

I do hope that you will return and let me know should you plan to.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed here for two nights to celebrate my parents 50th wedding ann. It turned out to be an inspired choice. The stay was faultless. From the welcome we received at reception to the friendliness of the staff to the comfort of the rooms to the beauty of the surroundings. The staff made us all feel very much at home. They helped to make our celebration one to remember. Particular thanks to Aishling at reception who organised our stay so well and had to put up with numerous changes on our behalf and yet nothing seemed too much trouble. The food is excellent and very well received. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The suite rooms give you a lovely relaxing space
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hello eamopb

thank you for the glowing review of the hotel and congratulations to your parents on their 50th Wedding Anniversary. That is an amazing achievement.
I'm delighted that all the staff were friendly and looked after you as best they could and I will certainly pass on your thanks to Aisling.

Hopefully we will see you again soon,

Thanks again Mark

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a lovely weekend in the tulfarris hotel set in the quiet countryside it's the perfect place for a couples retreat.staff we're very helpfull and the food in the elk bar was reasonable priced for how good it tasted.cant fault anything about this hotel it should really be a 5 star.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Helo Dolan23

Thank you for the great review and I'm glad that you fount the hotel comfortable and reasonably priced. Value for money is something we are certainly trying to portray and thank you for pointing this out.
Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. The drive up to the hotel is lovely. From the moment we arrived at the hotel the staff could not be more friendly. We were greeted by the lovely reception staff and made feel very welcome. The bar staff are very friendly and the drinks are really nice. The beer is nice and cold just perfect. There are beautiful real fires in reception and really comfy sofas if you fancy a sit down in front of the fire.
This hotel is perfect for a weeding. The staff make you feel so welcome. The meal was lovely and the room is fantastic.
The bedrooms are so nice. I love the beds in this hotel they are so big and cosy. The bathroom has under floor heating perfect for wen you get out of the shower.

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the staff for a wonderful time

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Shelly 22x

Thank you for your lovely review and we really appreciate our wedding guests especially reviewing the hotel as we rely so much on word of mouth for selling our weddings.

Hopefully we will see you back with us again for a more leisurely stay in the future.

Mark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
18 mi away
BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
#1 of 1 in Macreddin Village
The Martello Hotel

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!