“Perfect venue for our group of 16.. We loved it!”

Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Reviewed August 1, 2013

From the friendly and helpful staff at reception right through dining and breakfast we were so well looked after and nothing was too much trouble at Tulfarris. Our group of 16 were treated as their most important guests. We loved it and will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Hello Gerandmarg

Thank you for the great review and I'm glad that we looked after your group like the VIP's they were. We of course treat all of our guests the exact same way and I'm glad you got to see this.

Hopefully we will see you again soon,

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Availed of the Golf / dinner and overnight special deal with 13 others last week. If there's better value anywhere I'd be amazed. From the time we booked right through to check out we found the staff to be fantastic. From the golf staff, the bar staff and the restaurant staff we were treated with the highest level of service, courtesy and good humour. They just could not do enough for us. Some of the individual attention was just first class.Even a minor temporary problem with the bar cooler was handled brilliantly. I think we made it worth their while to have it fixed !! The course was in top condition, the food was fantastic ( as was the copeous amount of wine !!) and the rooms were just perfect. Booking in for next month so be warned Ann Marie.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Hello MarcR62

Thank you for the great review and I would have to agree with you on your point about our staff here. They are a super bunch of people to work with and everyone of them cares about the hotel and our guests satisfaction. Other hotels spend thousands annually on trying to creat what comes naturally to the team here.

Hopefully we will see you again soon, I will warn Ann Marie :-)

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two day golf break and left very pleasantly surprised. Aware that this resort was placed into receiver ship very early in its history, my expectations were low. I could not have been more wrong.
Excellent golf course - real challenge for all handicaps. Hotel shows a little wear and tear but glorious suite, good food and slightly odd disco bar made for a great stay. Will be back

1  Thank marjfog

Hello Marjfog

Thank you for the great review and taking the time to write it.
We really do appreciate it.
I'm glad that we got to turn around your expectations of some hotels in recievership. We have a fabulous property and wish for all to see it.

Hopefully we will see you again soon,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We decided to spend one night away locally and chose Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort based on reviews here on TA and through friends. Overall I have to say we received an amazing package of B&B & dinner for €130 for 2 people. The food here was great and the second floor restaurant with a view over of the 18th green of the golf course if stunning, if not slightly intimidating for us lesser golfers. There are some good walks around the property and the Spanish styled courtyard at the golf club with a dead ending stairs and balcony, as pictured offer a photo opportunity. We were a little mislead by their website and the actual appearance of the hotel, we had assumed the main picture on the website was the house, hotel, but it is actually the golf club, with the hotel occupying a more modern block, which was a slight disappointment when expecting something more classic. The appointment of the rooms are pretty basic, with very modern facilities, accept air-conditioning, but this is not common in Ireland, the bathrooms are very American, with exceptionally low slung toilet bowls, but having travelled a little, this is the norm in come countries. The overall layout of the hotel is a little confusing, with long corridors and meandering walkways, but this becomes only a slight inconvenience with the included surroundings. As is the case with a lot of hotel properties lately staff were a little light on the ground, to the point of having to go to the bar to make a request at night, but this is common in the current economy
Overall we had a nice stay, the bar is comfortable, the restaurant was nice, the food was delicious and the grounds were quiet and scenic.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your lengthy review and taking the time to write it. I am glad that overall you had a pleasant stay in the hotel with no major issues. i can certainly review all of this and make small changes here and there to improve, which we plan to do.
We do promote our manor house and we have 7 suites in the house but I do appreciate your point and will look to recify this with some more imagery on the website.

Thank you again and I do hope we see you again soon,

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is a fantastic place to go. It's nestled just outside blessington not far from Dublin. The rooms are stunning. My husband and I stayed for 2 nights with a 2 year old and an 8 month old. We got a family suite which included a beautiful double room with ensuite. We also had a sitting room kitchen area that included a fridge microwave kettle etc. fantastic. The staff were fab at breakfast.y two year old had a moment of boldness and the staff rush to get him paper and crayons. I was so embarrassed and all the staff went over and beyond with a genuine friendliness wow is all I could say. My husband played golf on what he reckons is one of the best kept courses in the country. There are beautiful walks around the grounds and there is a majestic lake on the grounds also. This place is just fab and this would not be an expensive place to stay. Ten stars. Brilliant for families with small kids and golf enthusiasts

Hello Sharontrayers

Thank you for the lovely review and I am glad that you found the suite perfect for the family break. We do find that a lot of our mothers found the microwave and extra room a god send.

Thank you for spreading the good word,
Hopefully see you again soon,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

A lovely hotel in beautiful Co. Wicklow , great overnight deal of B & B, dinner, afternoon tea which we were allowed to have on day of departure. The included dinner was fantastic and very tasty. Far better dinner menu that u usually get on package. Room was spotless & had lovely hot shower. As usual my only room complaint is the tiny bath towels!! The bar has a patio area for sitting & drinking & looking @ beautiful scenery. Just felt it could do with a tidy up, the tendency now in Ireland to have outdoor areas ruined by cigarette smokers who cant extend their lazy arms to put the butts in a bin meant that this area had numerous butts on the ground.The external wooden hut for smoking in the rain was also in need of a sweep. But I will be back I arrived stressed and left relaxed and rested.

Room Tip: we were close to reception but it was lovely and quiet - if I go back I will be looking for a balcon...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karentipp

Hello Karentipp,

Thank you for your lovely review and I am gald that you left rested after you arriving stressed. This is a great achievement for us and hopefully this will continue.
I will certainly take on board your comments on the little tiding up, I would hope that this is a one off but I will certainly make more regular checks on this.

Next time you are stressed you know where to come.

See you soon hopefully

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We are just back from a short break to Tulfarris. We got a great deal for our three nights away . We had stayed previously in the Manor House and our room there was really beautiful but this time we stayed in the hotel, the room was fine – standard hotel room. Bathroom was spacious but without a bath so my little baby son had to make do with the little sink.

We were not too impressed with the bar food or the breakfast but that is just our opinion. Two out of the three mornings no one asked if we would like tea or coffee after taking our room number. The bread for toasting could have been fresher, it seemed to have been taken out of the fridge or freezer. Felt that there could have been a better breakfast selection for those who do not like the full Irish.

It is a lovely spot, surroundings are beautiful and a lovely base to go an explore the many attractions nearby. I would recommend Tulfarris because of it's excellent value!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello itsgreattobeout

Thank you for your review, I would of course have preferred it to say " it was amazing" but that is not the case. I guess when you stay in the manor house to then come back and stay in the maain hotel is a little bit of a drop down but in saying that I do love our bedrooms and we get amazing feedback about them too but not all of these guests got the special upgrade you got.

I hope that you will return and if we have a room in the manor I will do my utmost to upgrade you to a suite here if possible.

Hopefully see you again soon

Mark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!