“Would love to return!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Kildare, Ireland
“Would love to return!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Spent 1 night here for a family wedding, as wedding was not where the main reception was we went on a bit of a treasure hunt and with the weather blowing a mini hurricane outside this was not ideal. Much better signage is required. After the ceremony we checked into the hotel, receptionist friendly and directed us to our suite. Lovely decorated, spacious room. Couch set up as bed for our son but we were missing the travel cot we had booked. Quick phone call and it arrived to our room by a very nice girl. Headed back to the reception, staff were fantastic, food got excellent comments and the time between courses was perfect. Had a babysitter booked @ €15ph I think this is very expensive and needs to be looked at but the lady who sat for us was brilliant, friendly and I felt very comfortable leaving my youngest with her. 2 negatives shower head needs to be de scaled badly & duvets were like tissues felt like I had a sheet over me. It may sound like its negative but it's not I will be returning again without children in toe to try the restaurant in the hotel and enjoy sitting by the fire in the lobby

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Hello Helpfull,

We would love you to return too and soon. :-)
Thank you for the review and I'm delighted that all in all you had a great stay. We will have the fire blazing for you next time also.

See you soon

Kind regards
Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
kildare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Myself and three other ladies stayed in Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort in March 2013 for two nights B&B and two evening meals, The food was outstanding. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a superb location overlooking the lakes. We enjoyed one of many walks.
We will definately return to Tulfarris in the near future.
Many thanks to Aisling who looked after us so well. The hotel is so lucky to have someone like Aisling, the other receptionists and restaurant and bar staff were all so friendly and made our stay so pleasant.
We can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Adrienne,

Thank you and your friends for staying with us recently and thank you for your great review. I will certainly pass on your thanks to Aisling also, we are lucky to have her.
Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just returned from another short break in Tulfarris Hotel. 3rd Time in last 4 months
Great Location overlooking the lakes Great for walks The hotel bedrooms are of a very high quality overlooking the golf course, Fab Food in the Lime Tree restaurant with excellent service from staff with a real can do attitude. Amazing lamb shanks

Perfect location to just relax, chill out and recharge the batteries
Cant wait to return again soon.

Room Tip: Go for the Suite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello doyler1510

Thank you for the glowing review and taking the time to write it. It really goes towards us selling the hotel to future guests and their confidence to book with us.
I'm glad you got to chill out while you were here and hopefully you will get some R&R at Tulfarris again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just on road from having checked out of Tulfarris Hotel. Myself and my fiance had two nights break away with evening meal and couldn't praise the staff, food or service enough. My advice if you are in the bar and fancy a nibble is to order the BBQ chicken wings great value and such a generous portion. What really stands out apart from everything above mentioned and the cleanliness of hotel is the professionalism and friendliness of all the staff. Ashling in reception (who has a great dane) and I think it's Melissa (who has a black Labrador called Izzy) in the bar thank u for putting up with us talking bout our Neo mastiff puppy. Can't recommend Tulfarris enough and will be back again.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank 76JO
Hello 76JO

Thank you for the amazing review and taking the time to write it. We really do appreciate it.
I will make sure to pass on your regards to Aisling and Melissa also.

Hopefully see you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there in February for one night for a double special occasion and we were already planning our next trip before we departed.
Darren took my reservation and looked after all aspects of the reservation for us and anticipated all of our requirements
The receptionist was very polite attentive and helpful, The rooms were fabulous , overlooking the golf course , beds very comfy. We had lunch in the bar which again was very tasty again we were served by Darren , had some fabulous treatments done as well definitely a must whilst you are there. We ate in the restaurant that night , the views & ambience were just right , we all ordered the steaks and they were the nicest steaks I have tasted in a long while and cooked to perfection , the chicken parfait was to die for , again we were served by Darren and service was great each course came out prompt and was delightful (good thing he was such a pleasure to deal with as he seemed to be working very hard in all areas) and the lovely cocktails served by Derek were - well the only way to describe them is mmmmmmm......

They have a fabulous kiddies area too outside so next time our friends will be bringing the kids , and hopefully the men get to try out the golf course which looks amazing.

Well done to the team , we look forward to returning very soon!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello AMurray25

Thank you for your great review, I love your subject line and think that it really sums up Tulfarris. It is certainly our staff here that go the extra mile and ensure our guests have a great stay in the hotel.

I'm dleighted that you had a great time here and hopefully we will see you again for some of Derek's Cocktails.

Kilkenny, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I'm torn about how to rate this hotel. I've read a lot of the reviews and I'm amazed that very few people seem disappointed at the lack of a leisure center. I expect a four star hotel to have one.
On the plus side, I love the location, I loved that it's just a two storey building and sits well in the landscape. The lobby is very nice and was suitable for having drinks in when we didn't feel like listening to the music in the bar. The staff are very nice and were apologetic when we mentioned our disappointment at the lack of leisure facilities. The food in the restaurant was really beautiful, couldn't fault it. Breakfast was basic, nothing to write home about.
We played golf and the course is nice and user friendly.
It's a lovely area to walk around and the views are beautiful.
My sister and I both had beauty treatments and Catriona and her assistant were excellent. I think she was trying to make up for our disappointment. It doesn't look well for a hotel to have two bedrooms as their treatment rooms and I think they should rectify that.
On the minus side, apart from the lack of leisure facilities, the bedroom towels would be perfect for a five year old and I have never seen toilets so low down on the ground.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marian H
Hello Marian H

Thank you for taking the time to write your review as we really do appreciate this.
I see you did have some issues with the hotel and I hope that I can explain or apologise for some of our shortcomings.
Our toilets are a little low, I must admit that, unfortunately I can really do much with this at this current time but it is something that we may look at in the future. Unfortunatley we have 59 similar toilets that would need changing. We are looking at our current linen supplier and the size of towel is certainly on the agenda. I hope that this is changed by the time of your next visit.

I do hope that these hasnt deterred you from staying again and please let me know if you are as I would love to say hello.

Until then,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Myself and 5 other family members stayed in Tulfarris last weekend for one night. From start to finish we were really impressed. The setting of the hotel is beautiful and we enjoyed a short walk around the grounds. Staff were lovely, very friendly. We had a drink in the bar before and after dinner and found there to be a lovely relaxed atmosphere, exactly what we were looking for. Dinner that night was excellent, food was of a high standard and the portion sizes were great. Again, serving staff were lovely. The room was lovely and big with a surprise sitting room and little kitchen that we weren't expecting. Breakfast the next morning was lovely, great choice although the buffet could have been hotter. We are planning our next visit already & would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Niamh G

Thank you for the great review and i'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us here at Tulfarris.

Hopefully this may become an annual event and we could look after you all again. :-)

Mark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!