“Faulty towers with a view” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Dublin
“Faulty towers with a view”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed inTulfarris in dec2012 and on arriving it is lovely.you drive along little roads with great views of blessington lakes and the property is fine with what seems like a good golf course.We had booked suites and they were very nice and spacious.My main gripe would be the food in the bar and restaurant is mainly the same so if your a vegetarian the same pasta is on both menus.The younger waiters are very friendly.My comment about faulty towers comes from the fact that the person who served us in the bar served us upstairs in the restaurant and then later when we needed a manager we were informed he was the manager.It was dissapointing that when we reported a problem with an overwhelming smell in our room he did not speak to us himself but was overheard telling reception just to tell me he had checked it and it was fine but I could move if I liked.so at 12.30 at night we had to pack our bags and move rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bravelouis
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello Bravelouis,

Thank you for the review and I sincerely apologise for the issues you had during your stay.
I have spoken with the chef and we have changed our vegetarian options on the restaurant menu. During the winter we do try to maximise effeciencies with our menus and this was an oversight on our part. We of course on regular occasions make special dishes for our vegetarian guests so I urge you next time to please ask us for something special if the menu option is not to your liking, we will do all we can to facilitate your needs and wants.

I think that your comment "faulty Towers" is a little unfair to be honest. I will honestly say that we do operate a seasonal hotel so during the winter we reduce staff numbers to make sure that we keep our core management team employed. During the weekend our management team will be based in all operations of the hotel. We actually use this to our advantage as our managers do ensure that our guests have a great time, have superb customer service and run each department efficiently so to see them in different departments is not uncommon.

I have spoken to Derek the manager whom was looking after your room, he did go and check your room and could not smell anything and went to reception to look for you but didnt know where you were. He explained to Natasha at the desk that he couldnt smell anything but if you would like to move that this would have been possible.
I will say that Derek should have found you and personally spoken to you and solved the issue earlier than 12.30am as this is a ridiculously late time to move rooms.
I am terribly sorry about this and should you come and stay again I would love you to let me know and I will ensure that I personally greet you and assure you of the standards we have.

I do hope we see you again but should you wish to discuss this further with me, please give me a call at the hotel.

Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I can't believe I forgot to review this place!.. It was such a wonderful experience. We found the hotel on one of the Deals sites and booked a two night stay. I was delighted to find a place so central for exploring Co. Wicklow and the surrounding areas.
We arrived pretty late in the evening and were greeted by a wonderfully helpful and friendly girl at the front desk who checked us in promptly and pointed us in the direction of our room. As soon as we got in the door the phone rang and the girl from reception asked if we would like an upgrade to a suite... Of course I didn't say no! :-) I had been really impressed with the first room but the suite took my breath away.
We were too late for food in the restaurant so we wen't for a drive and found an Indian takeaway and brought it back to the suite. There was a man on reception when we came back and he supplied us with forks, knives, plates and glasses. Again, couldn't have been m ore helpful! I would love to visit again this summer. Hopefully I'll get to see wicklow in the sunshine this time :-)

Room Tip: Go for the suite!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello thebear519,

Thank you for the great review and anytime any of our past guests wish to review the hotel as well as you have done is perfectly ok with me.
I'm delighted that everyone was helpful during your stay and hopefully we will see you again soon and bring the sunshine....

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed for a nice weekend away and it was really lovely, I had 2 flaws, first was the food in the restaurant, ate in the bar Friday night and the food there is far superior to the restaurant. Nice atmosphere also with live music both night's in the bar. My meal in the restaurant was poorly presented and lacking in taste, could have been so much better. Also on out second night there was a fault with something like the fan in the bathroom which woke us both numerous times. Mentioned it at the desk on checkout and they were very apologetic do not much more they could have done about that. Overall would def go bk but would not eat in the restaurant again!

• Stayed January 2013
Hello Trishamel,

Thank you for your lovely review and I'm glad albeit 2 flaws you had a great time.
I am surprised that you didnt enjoy the restaurant food, we have had only great reviews about the food. We have changed a couple of dishes recently after some great feedback so hopefully these are the dishes youdidnt like. I would love if you could contact me and let me know and I can assure you of this.
I have had our maintenance man check all fans in the rooms with no problems arising, I would also like to know which room this was as no further comments have come back either. I really can only apologise for this and would love to hear from you so I can apologise personally.

Hope to hear from you soon,

ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had our wedding in Tulfarris on July 5th 2012 and i have to say we were more than happy with the hotel, management and staff. Lilian helped us from start to finish with all our wedding plans, nothing was a problem and everything ran so smoothly from the first time we met her to the end of our wedding. All our family and friends really loved this hotel as the food and accomodation was excellent quality and for us the banqueting area for our wedding was seperate to the hotel which meant it was more private and also was a stunning venue. The views are fab!
Derek was also on hand the day of our wedding and really really could not do enough for us!The staff were an absolute credit and really made our day special. The next day we had a bbq organised for our family as we stayed the weekend.We really had a ball..
We intend to go back for a weekend just to relax and we know that our family and friends will also re visit.
I would highly reccomend this hotel whether you want a weekend break with the kids a quiet weekend for two or to have your wedding here. Lilian, Derek & Staff we cannot say enough good things about you all!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello cocoireland,

Thank you for the amazing review and of course I have let Derek, Lillian and all the team know about it. Although they all read these regularly anyway. :-)
I'm delighted that you had a great day and that we did all we could to ensure everything ran smoothly for you. It wont be long before July comes again and we will see you for your anniversary dinner.

Maybe we might see you again before then,
Thanks again,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We spent a wonderful night in Tulfarris recently. The staff were friendly and could not do enough for us, in particular Aisling and Derek went out of their way to accomodate us.
The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The food was beautiful and the restaurant was packed, which is not suprising as the food was so good.
I'd recommend Tulfarris to all. Thank you for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

A group of us stayed in Tulfarris hotel last weekend for a family get together. Had a lovely night, the food and accomodation was fabulous and all at a great price. And I'd just like to say thanks to Aisling and Derek who looked after us all so well Fri and Sat. Will definately be back!!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed at tulfarris last sat night and i can not fault it.The service from the minute we arrived was excellent.Everyone working there was very friendly asking how we were enjoying our stay and what we were up to during our stay.we payed 130 euro to stay in a suite with a two course meal inclusive[quite a few supplements on some main courses but still very good value].when we arrived we had a choice of a suite or to stay in the manor which is the original house and we opted for this,The manor is fantastic and kept in the original old style.Our room was superb kingsize bed and tastefully decorated and a big bright room looking onto the golf course.This would be a excellent venue for a wedding as you could have the whole manor to yourself as there are two big entertaining rooms which are very plush and there is also a separate bar in the manor.
We ate in the restaurant in the hotel which was really good and it was full but you would know it because of the great service..The guy who meet us as we came in was very friendly and efficient ,when a girl dropped a glass while we were eating he went out of his way to ease her embarrassment and offer her another glass!The restaurant was really cosy with dimmed lights and candelabra with candles reflecting in the windows.I had a quick peek in a window to try to see the hotel rooms and the one i saw looked very smart and modern The. other great thing about Tulfarris is that it is only a hour from Dublin.Can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: The Medlar was the name of our room and fantastic view of golf course from the bed!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi lady14,

Thank you for your excellent review and taking the time to write it. I'm delighted that you had a great time, everyone looked after you and that you will be returning to us.
Please let me know when you do so I can put a face to the name.

Mark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 1 in Macreddin Village
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!