“Finally.. no ill-treatment because we were on a Groupon!”

Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The title of this review is purely because like most Irish people reading this we buy the voucher deals, we're addicted and we like a bargain and need value for money and also the places that pop up we wouldn't pay the full normal rate there! This hotel has been on my radar for some time now and I couldn't pass up the offer once it came on. €89.00 for a two people, breakfast included and two cocktails on arrival plus a €20 voucher off dinner in the Lime tree restuarant. We arrived to a beautiful reception area with a lovely greeting from reception. We were given room 129 which was spacious with a huge bed and lovely views. We were worried though about the adjoining door and what noise might come through it if anyone got the room on the other side. We headed down to the bar for our cocktail and took at seat on the comfiest couches I think I've ever sat on! Barman and lounge staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We read the paper and felt really chilled out. We returned to the room to get ready for our 6pm dinner. The dining area was absolutely gorgeous, lighting was romantic, and there was plenty of space away from the next couple eating near us. Food was delicious and the staff again catered for our every request. We retired to our room early and didn't drink in the bar but only because we were tired. Unfortunately the adjoining room had guests, at least one child and two adults, all loud and in my opinion no consideration for other guests. They were part of a group staying in nearby rooms who talked loudly in the corridors and were running up and down the halls and banging doors. We don't like complaining but we wanted to rest and have an early night. My partner went to the hotel receptionist who was extremely understanding and helpful. She said she'd had other complaints and would give them a call to see would they calm things down. Told us that if nothing changed then we were to come back to her and she'd sort something out. After about a half hour it did go quiet and we had a lovely sleep. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and again anything we could have wanted we could have had. Check out was hassle free and pleasant. Thank you all at this hotel. Hoping to see you again very soon.

Room Tip: Ask if the hotel room has an adjoining room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank curvesmad
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Hello Curvesmad,

Thank you for your great review and I'm thrilled that you felt we offered the same level of service and standard for your groupon voucher, this is a great comment to hear and is certainly very true.
I do hope that you come back to us again soon and keep an eye out on our website for some great value deals again.

There are newer reviews for Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort

Reviewed January 12, 2013

From the moment we arrived at Tulfarris we were completely overwhelmed by the friendliness of the staff. We checked in at around 4ish and the receptionist couldn't do enough for us as we had a 15 month old baby with us. She made a reservation for us in the restaurant at a time that suited us, even tho it was quite busy.

We had an appointment with the Wedding Coordinator Catherine who was so down to earth, yet extremely professional. It was just 'well what can we do for you' and basically she helped us put a package together that best suited us. Everything we asked of her was answered with a 'Yes, that's no problem'. One of the operation Managers Honora,who is extremely friendly and helpful who we had met on a previous visit, remembered us by name, came over to see how we were and if she could do anything for us.
The accommodation was spotless and very spacious as we had a suite. Even had two televisions.
When we went to the restaurant the manager was very friendly and full of chat. without even asking us he had a baby high chair and coloring pencils, for our baby. The waitress we had, a young blonde girl was probably the nicest down to earth people we have ever met working in a hotel. She kept coming over to talk to our baby, even tho she was busy serving other tables.

The food in the restaurant was top class, in such a beautiful setting overlooking the Golf Course and Lakes.

I really couldn't say enough or speak highly enough of the staff at Tulfarris Hotel and have already booked in for another night in a few weeks to come.

Lisa and Gearoid

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Good Morning Lisa and Gearoid,

Thank you so so much for such an amazing review. I am delighted that you had such a great stay with us and that you are considering us for your wedding. I will certainly pass on your comments and thanks to Kathryn, Honora, Mark our Chef and I'm sure it was Kirsty in the restaurant who's sense of humour is infectious.
Hopefully we will be seeing you soon and regularly where service and standards will be as good if not hopefully better.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

A quiet all-around area, fabulous space in the room, lobby, bar and restaurant. Best accomodation ever had and best food had in a long long long .... very long time! We had a mini-apartment, with a French door on the back yard. We watched the sun go down and the birds flying in group in the morning.... easy distance for walking on the hills, mountains, Phulaphuca reservoir, Rossborough House, and drive through the Sally Gap

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Saffron S

Hello Saffron S

Thank you for your wonderful review. We should get you to compose our advertisements as I love your line about watching the sun go down in the evening and the birds flying in the morning.
I will definitely compliment the chef on your behalf on his food and I'm delighted that you enjoyed it so so so much.
Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had our wedding Friday the 7th of December 2012 in Tulfarris. Everything from start to finish was fantastic. We stayed in the hotel on the Thursday night as we wanted to use the day to set up the room for our civil ceremony. Conor & Katie who were setting up the room for our wedding could not have been more helpful, everything from us asking them to drag tables here there and everywhere to changing seating arrangements they were so accommodating to us.
We used Thursday night to unwind with our family and friends and we used the bar for few drinks and some food.

Friday was a fantastic day weather wise. The sun was shining and the view of the lakes was clear for everyone to see. Our wedding was perfect everything just went right, the staff from Lillian, Derek and Darren were 1st class and could not do enough for us and our guests. The food is immense in the hotel Every one of our guests commented on the food on how fantastic it was.

Overall our few days could not of gone any better. The hotel is one of a kind has everything in it. The food the staff were brilliant and our guests and more importantly us enjoyed every minute of it.

Ger & Niamh O' Brien

Room Tip: If you are having a wedding or hosting a party of some sort defiantly rent out the manor house, Just...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gerramia
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Hello Niamh and Ger,

Thank you for the amazing review and I am delighted that you had a great day here at Tulfarris. I will definitely pass on all of your comments to Conor and Katie and all the team here in the hotel.
It was a pleasure looking after you and hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Finding this hotel proved difficult even though I had two Sat Nav s but the find was totally worth the stress.. The hotel was so clean but the warmth on entering the hotel engulfed you . The grounds were beautiful enjoyed some lovely walks to the lake and would highly recommend the golf course for anyone looking for a weekend of golf in beautiful scenery in a tranquil setting ..Inside the hotel was spotless and freshly painted ,our room was so comfortable, the dining room for dinner at the after nine setting was really romantic and the staff very friendly and helpful. The menu was excellent with a wonderful choice and reasonable priced. Treated myself to a wonderful massage and some beauty treatments the therapist was very friendly did a great job .... Will be returning in the New Year This hotel is family friendly with a playground close to the hotel for the children, really enjoyed the warmth this hotel offered..

Room Tip: If you require a bath really worth booking a suite but all rooms I saw really were clean and warm ..
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cait C

Hello Cait,

Thank you for your lovely review and I can concur with you regarding the signage but I am dealing tirelessly with the county council to let me improve and increase the signage aroudn the area. Unfortunately more signage is seen as a health and safety issue but we are no looking at a new option and over coming this. I hope this helps.
I look forward to seeing you in the new year and please say hi.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and i stayed in Tulfarris on Sat night (08.12.12) on a Groupon deal and i have to say we were very dis-appointed (with the food mainly). The accommodation itself is nice and clean but the restaurant (The Lime Tree) was very underwhelming. As we are young parents, we were mainly looking for a nice meal and a good night's sleep.

We got a bad vibe the minute we walked in the door. It seemed more like a canteen than a restaurant. Staff were friendly but did not seem properly trained. The food was over-cooked and the portion sizes were too big. Plates were cold. Desserts were too big also and clearly not made in house. Staff were preparing for breakfast the next morning while we were still in the restaurant (9.30pm). Breakfast was un-remarkable also. The ubiquitous buffet with again, mostly cold plates to eat it on.

Won't be back and would not recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello lebonirl

Thank you for your review and all in all I would say that albeit a couple of issues you did seem to enjoy yourself at the hotel.
I have had a meeting with our Head Chef and can assure you that cold plates will not be an issue again in this hotel. I can wholeheartedly say that it was a once off as this is not an issue i have had to deal with before.
Regarding the portion sizes, we try to give people great value for money when they come to Tulfarris and from other reviews below you can see that this is remarked on as a positive. I understand that each and everyone has different likes and desires but we feel that it is better to give a bigger portion and have our guests leaving full and satisfied than wanting more. I do hope you can appreciate this.

I would like you to contact me in the hotel as I would like to discuss your meal further with you.
I hope that you will do this and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I recently got married (9th Nov 2012) in Tulfarris Hotel & Golf Resort in Blessington. Everyone tells you it is the most amazing day of your life and it really is. There are certain people and things that make it so special and in my case one of these was Tulfarris. The staff in Tulfarris went above and beyond when dealing with them from our first visit to leaving the hotel two days after our wedding. There was nothing that was too mush hassle for them or at least if it was a lot of hassle for them, they never let me know. Every aspect of our wedding in Tulfarris was exceptional, from the food to the service to the accommodation. We have has so many of our guest talking to us about the staff and the food and even on the day everyone was talking about how amazing the food was. he accommodation itself was beautiful. All of my bridal party staying in the Manor House and it was stunning. On the second night we stayed in a suite in the main hotel. It was a complete contrast to the Manor House but still amazing. When we arrived at the hotel, the staff brought us out to the golf course and showed us where the most beautiful views were and having got the photos back I am so glad that they did that for us. If I was to do it all over again I would defiantly have my wedding in Tulfarris and I would advise anyone getting married and searching for hotel to go to Tulfarris Hotel & Golf Resort. They made my wedding reception.

Room Tip: We satayed in the Manor House on the night of our wedding. And it was so beautiful. On the second ni...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Clare M,

Thank you to you and Ben for hosting your wedding here at the hotel. It is always a pleasure to look after such lovely people also and makes our job so much easier. The planning and organising that goes into a wedding is immense but you being so organised makes it all the better for us.
Hopefully we will see you again soon where you might have a more leisurley stay.

Mark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!